Search results

1. G

End of record Automatic Tonearm Lifters

That sounds like a plan! Of course undercutting Crosley seems to be an easy thing to do from what I see on the " bay".I'll show ya simple: This is what happens when I have an hour to waste.
  2. G

Well , that's nice. But it's FIFTEEN DOLLARS ! But I digress.I've got the motors and have no clue how to make the sensors or power work. I cold make sort of a steam punk kind of lifter with stuff I've got laying around , but it would probably be bigger than the TT ! It is obvious that you know...
  3. G

Since I am on this thread, I have been toying with the idea of using the lift motor from a linear tracking table (I have some broken ones laying around) I would think with all the tech's on this site , someone would know how to make it work. Perhaps a light sensor and a watch battery hooked up...
  4. G

Most of us are!
  5. G

yup. Thats why there's an adjustable screw on the magnet. It takes a little patience to find the right magnet and placement. The upright should be non magnetic.
  6. G

I made this from a fridge magnet,a piece of a tin can, and an old pencil,doubleface tape and glue. It works!
  7. G

Point me to something different....

If you liked that, try this
  8. G

Two-Channel Only - The Way God Intended

That's why there's a marketing department.
  9. G

Two-Channel Only - The Way God Intended

I started reading this thread ,and went and turned on my receiver .I started listening to the radio in pure direct mode.Sounded good.Turned on the sub,sounded better. Added in the center,even better ! Hit the 9ch STEREO button.That's the way I like it. Music everywhere and I don't have to sit in...
  10. G

Replace turntable or cart - interesting advice from a stereo salesman

Based on what you said,that is pretty much all you can ask for from a turntable! Put your wallet back in your pocket, and start playing with some carts. Try a Shure, stanton ,Empire,Ortofon,etc. They can all be had for $50 or less. They will each present a different sound than what you are used...
  11. G

Which home theater receiver would you pick between these two?

I am on board with Yamaha. I have an RX-A2030 that is on 12 hrs a day ,everyday. I listen to internet radio in the daytime and TV at night. It has been almost 4 yrs now, and I've never had a problem. I auditioned a Marantz of similar stature and did not like the controls and and thought the...
  12. G

Empire SML444 Cartridge

I picked up a NOS last year. There is info on the forum. The more I listen to it, the more I like it ! Crystal clear highs and tight bass. I would compare it to my Shure M91ED with the HITRACK stylus. Its a keeper and works well with all my LM and ULM arms. It is a nice alternative to Ortofon OM's.
  13. G

Fisher MT 6360 TT

If it works and has the remote I would go for it for around $50. That one is kind of unique,with the remote.I never had one of those , but I have a 6430 and a 6435 that are real nice and I've never had a problem with them. The linear drive tables are very quiet and if the remote isn't there, it...
  14. G

Is there an easy and effective way to clean interior glass in your car?

Scrubbing Bubbles bathroom cleaner! I use it on everything.It gets rid of tobacco film too. Great for dustcovers .Wax the window when you've got it clean.
  15. G

My HK T60

I might also suggest, since you just moved,that you check the suspension,spring seats ,etc, to make sure everything is seated properly,and not binding up somewhere.Turn everything manually,and gently lift and bounce the suspension a few times.Good luck.
  16. G

Can you bi-wire & bi-amp at the same time?

I get your point,but I would say the purpose of using monoblocks would be to create a monster system, and one would need a lot more than 4 of them. My poor little Yamaha is so happy it was referred to as a MONSTER. I have even heard rumors that audiophiles use powered subwoofers,to address the...
  17. G

When Nostalgia Lets You Down...

Watched some of the Capitol 4th the other night . When I was a kid the Beach Boys were a lot of fun to listen to. Now seeing them play the same songs makes me cringe. I"m ooold !
  18. G

Can you bi-wire & bi-amp at the same time?

Hold on there! My Yamaha has 9 amps .I can direct them as I choose. How is that cutting corners? 1 amp for each speaker is BiAmped isn't it?
  19. G

Testing Phono Cartridge(s)

I remember reading a spec sheet/cartridge insert many years ago, that had a warning to never use a meter to check the resistance or you would damage the cartridge. I believe it was a Grado . (It had to be a cheaper model if I bought it) . Anyone else recall That?
  20. G

DIY tonearm some folks want to see.......

Is that the ELITE SERIES 1 ? I think I saw the upgraded version with black cable ties on another website.
  21. G

Fisher MT-6340

I believe all of the linear drive tables are pretty much the same except for the tonearms. Any of the MT-6225 thru 6340 @ VE library should tell you anything you need.
  22. G

Analogue Studio Mirrored Cartridge Alignment Protractor

I have one and use it in combination with a paper gauge.It has its pros + cons. It depends on the cart. Because it is glass ,it is hard to keep the stylus from sliding, but that can be a good thing also by not snagging the stylus and causing damage. I find it most useful with bulky, odd shaped...
  23. G

Vowel Free Playback?

This is old stuff. TRNTBL by VNYL. I have not seen a review, or for that matter , anyone who has even received one! Looks like it was, and is ,a very successful Kickstarter scam that has been going on for over 2yrs. Looks like you can buy a vowel, but not a TRNTBL. Looks purdy though----- wow...
  24. G

Do some audiophiles really prefer flat frequency response?

Thanks for that statement. I think I actually laughed out loud! NEUTRAL, on a forum, online, one could only hope.
  25. G

Tom 'Mongoo$e' McEwen

Yeah, but he wasn't the only one. It was a tough way to make a living. He survived in a cut throat business for a long time. Gotta give him credit for that.
Back
Top Bottom