Search results

1. S

request for subwoofer advice

Thanks for the advice from those who gave it. I bought a Velodyne FSR-18 from a guy in Nashville for a very good price. Frequency response down to 16 hZ, so it should cover most pipe organ music. Had a friend who is very knowledgeable check it out before I bought it, and he told me to grab it...
  2. S

Oh, my. Those Signature Servos are a bit pricey, aren't they? They ought to pour you a nice glass of wine while you listen to pipe organ music at that price. A very nice piece of kit.
  3. S

Thanks. I've got pre-out/main in connections, so I should be good.
  4. S

After a lot of subwoofer research, I'm pretty sure I need a sealed subwoofer. I have noticed that the newer subs do not have 8 speaker-in/speaker-out connectors. My receiver is a Yamaha R-2000, so it doesn't have a subwoofer-out, RCA unbalanced, balanced in and outs, or LFE connectors. Are there...
  5. S

Which Infinity subwoofer do you have?
  6. S

RS 1.5s: Are these woofs original?

attached is the tech sheet for the RS1.5 from infinity-classics.de. Those may not be original woofers.
  7. S

I've got subwoofer fever, and this may be the cure: http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-18-ultimax-subwoofer-with-spa1200dsp-amplifier-and-cabinet-package--300-7200 May have to self-medicate.
  8. S

Even the Dayton Sub-1500s only get down to 23hZ.
  9. S

I have a 2-channel dedicated music system. Speakers are Infinity Reference Standard 1.5s driven by a Yamaha R-2000 receiver. The RS 1.5s' published lowest frequency is 35 hZ. I'm sure they will go a little lower than that, but I'm a big fan of the organ works of JS Bach. I need a subwoofer to...
  10. S

acquiring a vintage stereo receiver

Are there any receivers that are easier to repair and restore than others? Someone mentioned that Yamaha CR-3020s were somewhat difficult to recap.
  11. S

Model No.? Can't read the photo. Does the Onkyo have proprietary parts?
  12. S

Separates are possible. My crucial factor is the availability of parts for restoration. The fewer proprietary parts, the better.
  13. S

I own a Yamaha R-2000, but already looking for a better vintage receiver or amp, preamp, and tuner. Requirements: 1) at least 150 wpc RMS into 8 ohms, 2) few or no proprietary parts, so as to be possible to restore for a reasonable amount of money, 3) reasonable cost for an unrestored...
  14. S

Is there a ready supply of old Yamaha replacement parts available?

Anyone know where I can get either the factory upgrade/repair kit for the R-2000 receiver, or at least a parts list?
  15. S

Yamaha R 2000, Save????

Would someone please post the Yamaha part number for the R-2000 repair and upgrade kit?
  16. S

stands for Reference Standard 1.5's

There are threaded inserts in the sides of the speaker cabinets into which a 1/4 x 20tpi x 1/14-1/12" bolts are inserted.
  17. S

Any brass players here?

Trombonist elementary through college and beyond. Just received the Gabrieli recording with Chicago, Philly, and Cleveland brass on CD in today's mail. Put it in my Yamaha CD changer connected to a Yamaha R-2000 receiver playing through newly restored Infinity Reference Standard 1.5 speakers...
  18. S

coax connector for R-2000 receiver

Anyone know where I can get a coax connector for the FM antenna coax jack on an R-2000 receiver? It does not accept a standard coax connector. The OM shows that a coax connector came with the receiver.
  19. S

Yamaha R 2000, Save????

Srinath, I would appreciate a PDF of the parts list for the R-2000 repair kit. Thanks
  20. S

stands for Reference Standard 1.5's

Does anyone know where I can get a set of stands for Infinity Reference Standard 1.5's? A picture of the speakers mounted on the stands is attached. Thanks for any help.
  21. S

Watkins woofers- what's so special about them?

I bought a pair of Reference Standard 1.5's with Watkins 12" dual voice-coil woofers on ebay a few months ago. One of the woofers was damaged, maybe in shipping. (Hopefully the seller didn't sell it to me that way. I didn't have any way to test them when I received them because my receiver was...
Back
Top Bottom