Search results

1. Morzh

Need a passive switch for 3 decks

Dr*Audio Yes I agree. I need deck switch and this is what I meant when I said it was different from a simple audioswitch. I will not need to do dubbing, or like you said, recording from one source to three decks. All I want is for 2 or 3 decks to be connected to C22 Record In and Out, and by my...
  2. Morzh

Thanks. But this is not a deck switch. I guess it would do fine with CD. I have been running my system with the cables I have (noname, excellent quality, bought on Amazon) I have, sounds just fine. Those are 6" or so.
  3. Morzh

Hi everybody. I have 3 Naks to sweetch between (ZX9, CR7A and Dragon) and would like to switch between the three. My preamp is C22 (have both org and modern). Either one has one record In/Out. I see folks talking about dbx200, SONY SB500, AKAI DS-5. dbx200 seems much cheaper and has bunch more...
  4. Morzh

Philips CD880 lube

Hi! Some over 2 years ago I seriously refurbished a CD880 that had many a woe, including a dent in the backpanel, blown zener in the 10V power supply etc. It worked fine but the sole problem seemed to resurface soon after having been addressed: the table does not want to slide out and needs...
  5. Morzh

Perpetuum Ebner Rex Deluxe Changer adjustment

Well.... the tech service manual talks about rubberized holders. Obviously they are either no longer rubberized or are missing. So....
  6. Morzh

Possible. I was just pointed to the Rex Deluxe own service manual that is way more detailed and explained than the SAMS I have. Let's see what that will do for us. I did introduce some light lubricant inside the spindle. It did not change the behaviour of the spindle itself so perhaps it is normal?
  7. Morzh

The place you have pointed to, what about it? I used 3 records. The records are not worn (meaning the spindle hole) - they have never been used on changers.
  8. Morzh

I have finished my Grundig 8058 and am almost done with the record changer. Almost, because I am trying to make the disks drop one at a time when the cycle is on. I have just adjusted the height of the tonearm to the required 2-3/4" above the platter when it is raised; I am not sure about the...
  9. Morzh

Dim Bulb Test on Vintage Amp: Bulb Glows Medium Bright—Why?

This is why I never create situations where I need one. The only one where you need it is powering a chassis which is not recapped or with unchecked tubes and such. When people like to power unchecked chassis' to see if they "work" before they tend to it - that's the one. I consider this a poor...
  10. Morzh

PE Rex Deluxe adjustment

I have restored a Grundig 8058 that has the Rex Delux changer. I lubed the motor and ordered the new belts. In PRB catalog I saw they recommended 2" FRX-2.0 belts. The org belts I had were a bit wider so I ordered FR-2.0. So, one belt keeps walking up. See the picture for the illustration...
  11. Morzh

Dim Bulb Test on Vintage Amp: Bulb Glows Medium Bright—Why?

I consider Lightbulb tester to be a bad tool. There are inexpensive DMMs and Variacs, and just about anyone can afford those.
  12. Morzh

Have this Rek-o-Kut tonearm on TD124. What would you recommend I get?

I might....still need good new clamps, and RCA cables.
  13. Morzh

Yes.....I will. I will need a sacrificial RCA stereo cable. And some AWG 30 or eve AWG 32 wire.
  14. Morzh

The pendulum action seems to be fine, I think the gimbal is clean. No, the ground wire or a place to connect it is missing also; I will have to get crafty. On one hand, the wires coming from the cartridge are a differential line that has a natural noise immunity, and even with no shielding will...
  15. Morzh

So....from the manual, I am issing the insert that accepts the cartridge. And the wires. Here is the cartridge. I was mistaken, the wires just got badly soldered. But not to the cartridge's pins. But it is not a right one anyway.
  16. Morzh

Meantime I am restoring this. My cotton-pickin' hands are better suited for this kind of work. Lo and behold, Philco 19LZX. https://www.radiomuseum.org/r/philco_19lzx1.html Asbestos and all.
  17. Morzh

Nat Thanks. Let me digest this first.
  18. Morzh

Nat The cartridge is removed for now: it came to me without stylus and I have no idea as to its integrity: the owner even said, when I was buying it, there was no cartridge. He obviously confused the cartride with the stylus. I still have it, with the wires, of which I think three have the...
  19. Morzh

Nat and all, thanks for your input. So, I photographed the Micropoise, if you would take a peek, and tell me if you think it is in good shape. It seems to freely move around its gimbal, but I am sure it might need some maintenance which I am not familiar with. Any lube or do tonearms use lubes...
  20. Morzh

Took another look at ROK Micropoise. Somehow I do not like arms without lifts. Those will require me to manually place the needle into the groove and my hands are a bit shaky. Obviously I am not going to get the full auto, but at least lift would save me the initial bounce. Any of those...
  21. Morzh

Decisions, decisions.....
  22. Morzh

Who makes good plinths for TD124?

Not a good way for me, to DIY. As for "in the country", if you mean the US of A, this is exactly what I am trying to do, but I need a shop that has done this before. I am not going to dig up drawings, supply them to the shop, take the responsibility for errors and misunderstandings. I need a...
  23. Morzh

Yes I saw those from Moldova on eBay. Look good. And the price doesn't exceed $200. Good variety of veneers and finishes.
  24. Morzh

Yep. But when I have to, it sucks :)
  25. Morzh

My plinth sucks, to be honest. You could see it has raised border, a very stupid thing to do. Adjusting level knobs becomes painful (physically so), trying to get fingers between the border and the level knobs. So.....we live but once. I will likely need a new one. I do not want to spend my...
Back
Top Bottom