Search results

1. ticntoc

Vintage Clarion PA amp / mixer 1940?

Thanks all. I guess that's the best we are going to do. Glenn
  2. ticntoc

Clarion The tube complement goes like this: 5-12SJ7, 2-6L6 and 1-5U4 Hope that helps. I would guess that it is a C-11 (it just says -11 under model number). All of the mixers I've seen, seem to start with "C". Everything from the early 30s all are very boxy, nothing sleek and deco like...
  3. ticntoc

Clarion Yeah, most of their stuff from the 30s is pretty boxy. This has a nice Deco look to it.
  4. ticntoc

I posted in May about the vintage audio booth I am working on. I got just what I needed for the RCA OP6/7. Thanks again. Here is the next puzzle. It's a Clarion PA amp /mixer. The data tag looks to say model -11. I have not been able to find any info on it either. Any help at all would be...
  5. ticntoc

RCA OP-6 and -7 pre amps

Rca op6 Thanks, what a great resource. I would have replied sooner but I've spent hours looking through all of those cool catalogs. Wow, what a way to spend an afternoon. Thanks again. Glenn
  6. ticntoc

RCA OP-6 and -7 pre amps

I am not sure this is the right spot for this, but I'll give it a shot. I recently came across on old sound booth. In it is a RCA 77B mic, a RCA OP-6 and a OP-7. I did some research and found the date for the mic but I can not find much on the OP-6/7. I mean, other than they were, and still...
  7. ticntoc

list of receivers w/mono switches

Most of the Pioneer SX series seemed to have had them. SX440, 550, 780. Marantz SR2000 did as well as Sony STR 6045, 6046. Sherwood S7100. 7310 and early 70s Scott and Sansui did too. I am sure the list is endless. Good luck. Glenn
  8. ticntoc

Can you afford it?

The only time that I bought “price be damned” was when I retired and sold a big house in a higher priced county and bought a smaller home in a not so expensive county. I had some cash to burn. I went out and bought what I have always wanted. A pair of Mac Mc60s and a pair of Klipsch Bella s ...
  9. ticntoc

Japanese vs European metric threads in '60s gear

I am trying to repair/restore a 1968 Japanese radio. All of the screw heads on the chassis are rusty and ugly. The screws are M3. All that I can find as a replacement is the usual and standard M3/0.5 pitch. I know that there is a fine metric M3 and that the 0.5 pitch is considered the course...
  10. ticntoc

Food for thought.

Me, I don’t plan to ever make it to a nursing home. I plan to have a massive shut down and go face first into my mashed potatoes and peas. :D If I do go to a home, by that time I will be too shaky to use a turntable. So vinyl is out. Besides, it'll take too long to get over to change a...
  11. ticntoc

Pictures of Cats on Audio Gear

OK, before any of you go bustin’ my chops… I do not advocate the killing or any harm in any way to cats. I like cats, it’s just that I am allergic and this is the only one I can own (if you can own a cat). Besides, my mom gave me this cat. His name is Earl and he is not dead. He is CAT-atonic...
  12. ticntoc

Junkyard Variac

It's almost kinda cute...in a R2D2/3PO sort of way. Tubes...it really needs tubes. Maybe some glow in the dark voltage regulators. Glenn
  13. ticntoc

Gotta brag. My majestic Grundig Majestic 9070

We're straying off a little here..but.. I had a '70 Fleetwood Bro-ham, foot rests, the whole 9 yards. A trunk big enough to put a Grundig 9070 in (back on topic). I presently have a '68 Tbird. 429 and 4 doors. A real highway cruiser. "73 huh? Hmmmm :scratch2: Glenn
  14. ticntoc

Sandy, I was figuring that it was a little early for stereo. I have the Heathkit AM/FM tuner where AM is one channel and FM is the other. I think it was about '61 or so. Piece of mono POS. You're right! I'll trade you for the 4 door Lincoln in your avatar. (double grin). Drive it on out...
  15. ticntoc

Actually, there are 6 speakers. There are 2 mid range speakers on each side plus an 8 inch woofer in the bottom that point down at the floor. The tapes have Glenn Miller etc, Victor Borge and 40s-50s jazz and vocalists. The FM is set for American standards..88-108MC (MHz). Includes AM...
  16. ticntoc

I don’t even remember how I wound up on this auction site, they sell mostly real antiques, unlike You Know Who. I was cruising around, looking for old radios, I guess, and came across this Grundig Majestic 9070. I just went WOW! I may have been the only bidder because I got it for almost...
  17. ticntoc

Hot How To Melt Solder?

To make it actually start to flow, I think its about 400-450F.
  18. ticntoc

Great Blues LP's?

My fav BB King is Lucille Talks Back. Now that I mention it, I think I'll give it a spin.
  19. ticntoc

Glue

You know that and I know that. But as soon as I'd quote a Mil Spec, someone would chime in with " I've been using white bathtub calking for 20 years.." etc, etc ad nausium.
  20. ticntoc

Glue

In Aerospace we use silicon RTV. The clear or grey stuff in a tube. It holds the item in place but also allows a little “wiggle room” for thermal expansion. Make sure it is rated for electronics use. The wrong stuff smells like vinegar, which is a mild acid and not the best to use on...
  21. ticntoc

The case of the mysterious disappearing hum.

Mine was a simple inductance problem. But, the more cell phones, portable phones, wireless routers, WiFi etc etc we get in our lives, the more of your type of problems we are going to see. Glenn
  22. ticntoc

The case of the mysterious disappearing hum.

About 2 years ago I bought my now retirement home. My house warming present to myself was something I’ve wanted since the ‘60s, a pair of McIntosh 60s. The (current) preamp is a Dynaco PAT4. When every thing was hooked up there was some hum from the preamp. I did a total rebuild of the PAT4. It...
  23. ticntoc

Garrard series A cart needed

Sorry about the late reply, been out of town. Thanks for the input. Were the original carts ceramic? Guessing they were. I will ask her if she will ever play 78s on it. Tell her that she can get better sound with a cart for 33s only. The TT is out of a mid-60s Packard Bell console. It’s...
  24. ticntoc

Garrard series A cart needed

I am working on a Garrard series A for a friend. I would like to replace the cartridge. I am not sure the one in it is original. It’s a simple black flip-over stylus type 33-45/78. The only marking on it is “Japan”. Here is why I think its non-original. The wires at the cart are all white and...
  25. ticntoc

Ever get in clear out mode?

Yep, I am at that point now with turntables. I have lost track of how many I have. I’d find them cheap, play with them, then find a better or just different one. I think I’ll keep the Lux and the Rotel and keep a Technics as a back up. The others can go. No, wait, maybe I’ll keep the Marantz, or...
Back
Top Bottom