Search results

1. fede_vr

Questions for a Pionner Bible owner — Japanese domestic models

a few mounths ago i bought a sa-8800 japanese version( serial UL, so Dec 1974 ) that after 2 weeks started whining from the trafo so i decided to go buy another pioneer... in the fluoroscan line i was able to found just smaller models so i bought a SA-8800ii, another japanese model, that is a...
  2. fede_vr

SX-828 questions

Lovely unit you scored. Apart from having to build custom speakers connections it's been my primary unit the last 3 years, working flawlessy. Enjoy it.
  3. fede_vr

markthefixer Needs Your Support!

I've been off-site for a while and just seen this.... Wish you a fast and full recovery Mark !
  4. fede_vr

SX-3700 probs

Display completely off. I opened it up and checked the ReadOut board AWV-011. found a broken jumper and a broken resistor, fixed them with a small soldering work..nothing changed... put the board back and... it worked again... now its working 95% of time.. some time it just power off but with a...
  5. fede_vr

SX-3700 probs

Hi all, I'm in Liberia for work and looking around i found a nice SX-3700 unit. I tested it in the "shop"...if we can call it this way and all was working..leds,display, output etc. After getting home i opened it and as it was full of dirt , dust & rust i decided to clean it (as i usually do )...
  6. fede_vr

Just won an auction for a group of 9 used cartridges.

I just won an auction for 9 cartridges, some has the stylus while some does not...the price was low enough as i got them @ 15 $ postage included. This is the list : - Stanton MK V ( ????? looks to me like its missing a 3 digit number here ) - Technics P205CM - Audiotecnica ??? - Ortofon OMP...
  7. fede_vr

Almost fainted...

Thats a GREAT deal !!!!! Congrats m8.... peace Federico
  8. fede_vr

NOS AcutexM312STR : good buy or not?

Price is 25 $ ...looked like a good price to me... Im still thinking 'bout buying another one as styli arent manufactured no more and a NOS Shibata is definitely higly priced than 25$...... Anybody out there got 1st hand experience with this cart ? peace Federico PS : the shure V15III compliance...
  9. fede_vr

Someone tried to kill my brother in Scottsdale last night.

That's a damn bad thing !! Wish your bro' all the best and a fast and complete recovery. Lots of karma for all your family ! Federico
  10. fede_vr

Jbl C44 Paragons Info Please Please

Great score englissa !! :thmbsp: I am damn curious too about the amps included in the lot....post pics !!!!! ;) peace Federico
  11. fede_vr

NOS AcutexM312STR : good buy or not?

I just bought a NOS AcutexM312STR from a buyer who has 4 more of them in stock. cartridgedb.com report the following datas : The cart specs are good and the 1 related forum post i been able to find says it sound really good.... Original stylus arent avalaible anymore but (if its worth) i...
  12. fede_vr

just got my 1st Dual

..answered in the other thread... peace Federico
  13. fede_vr

Dual 1239A arrived : i love it !

Nice amp u got Dennis.. I too like my sa-510 a lot..about the phono section, has a nice sound but does not like too much high output level cartridges....... The 1239 is a 3 springs chassis, i use them as the suspension result is really good...i can jump around the room and the tt never mistrack...
  14. fede_vr

Today i got a nice surprise in my mailbox : my 35$ NOS Shure 767ED hyperelliptical. The box was sealed, the stylus had some dust on all of it ( looking like paper dust).I cleaned it with a soft paintbrush and mounted it. I did let it track a whole lp as a break-in with ampli off and then...
  15. fede_vr

My first try to a DIY plinth is done... The wood is teak, 1" thickness, feet made from the cutouts of the plinthboard and glued under the 4 corners.... It definitely isnt too pretty but works....and, whats more important is that this was a good "practice work" to learn how to cut it....next...
  16. fede_vr

straight vs. S tonearms?

I can compare my Dual s-shaped tonearm only to my Pioneer graphite arm and looks like the Dual weight less.... Hope to never break the headshell as this is a straight one..... i have a feeling i would not find lot of those on the web.... This is the baby.... ;) peace Federico
  17. fede_vr

Happy Birthday Jcmjrt!

Happy B-day from Italy , mrs Vinyl ;) 1000 of this days....... Federico
  18. fede_vr

straight vs. S tonearms?

Dual tt with s-shaped tonearms were made for oem like Grundig in the late 70's.The only thing i dont like too much about Dual tt is precisely the straight tonearm, being myself a s-shaped lover....That's why when i seen a 1239A on epay i thought:"i want it"... Well, how much i like it shows up...
  19. fede_vr

While unmounting the stylus i managed to break it....... :( Well, luckily that didnt happened with a new one... Hope the replacement will be in the mailbox soon.... Federico
  20. fede_vr

Thanks guys for the feedback... :thmbsp: The 1239 is already spinning records..... ;).The "bottle feet" are stable enough to let it play without problems of any kind even warped vintage records if i tap on the table the tt is sitting on..... There is surprisingly already a lot of bass... i...
  21. fede_vr

Dual "3 springs" plinth template needed

As i ve recently got a nice 1239 withouth plinth and i have to build one, things could get easyer for me if i had the template for cutting it out instead of trying to sketch out a "compatible" one.... Anybody out there has a pdf or can shoot a pic of it from the top ( so i can copy it) ...
  22. fede_vr

Dual 1229 Plinth (or how to make sawdust)

Wonderful job u ve done there ...... You will have a damn happy friend.. thats sure.... :thmbsp: I'm gonna make a plinth for my 1239 that is missing it following your guide...many thanks... +K for your fantastic job Peace DS
  23. fede_vr

just got my 1st Dual

The 1239 is arrived and rocks....:thmbsp: I've started a new thread here Feedback appreciated as always.... Federico
  24. fede_vr

Help Audiokarma celebrate 5 years and learn how to win 500.00 worth of prizes !

fede_vr Federico from Italy.. +K for the hard work on the site.... :thmbsp:
  25. fede_vr

Thanks guys for the positive feedback..... I've done 1/2 hour thinking how to check if it was working, tried to use anything i had in house till i found myself playing with a empty bottle and noticed the hole was of the perfect size... :D The hard foam really helped in isolating the whole...
Back
Top Bottom