Search results

1. K

KR9940 in the house

if you stil need a demodulator box I have 3 or four of them
  2. K

Kenwood KR-9940 Quad Amp Project - Notes/Questions

I hear you my friend,I barely started working on the 8840 again. I was feeling a bit overwhelmed , but ive completely resigned to the notion of a complete recap..just the main filters and power boards and cross my fingers..and im certainly grateful for the info. you have provided
  3. K

DBT Dim bulb tester..so you don't burn up components when testing..I believe if you type DBT into the search bar there's a schematic for making one
  4. K

KR9940 in the house

Just a little tip on biasing these I found..on the rear heatsink if you remove the top and bottom screw on both sides leaving the center screws only you can open up that heatsink by swiveling the top towards the back of the amp making access to those resistors much easier
  5. K

QK 2 and 3 are ksc1845 also always better with a higher voltage then lower on the diode I'm pretty sure also try a 1N5244B as replacement for YZ140
  6. K

Leestereo's Restoration/Upgrade Of A Sansui AU-717

question concerning the upgrade on C12/C13 on the F 2721 and F 2722 boards were they replaced with a 0.47uf or a 1 uf ??
  7. K

How are the stereo experts doing today? As usual i,m back with more questions..I do appreciate your patients and input!! I,m wondering would there be any problem replacing the old small value ceramics on the driver boards (c3,6,7,10,20,17,18)with same value cogs?And c13,15,16 with wima polys?
  8. K

Kenwood KR-9340 Repair

I have parts from 8340..all meters
  9. K

Kenwood KR-9340 Repair

10. K

Kenwood KR-9340 Repair

Yes normal..cannot select A & B at the same time
  11. K

could you let me know the replacement caps you ordered to replace the 50v 1000ufs and the 63v 1000uf? mouser? Part # //
  12. K

thank you for your info. much appreciated..I,m a real rookie at this stuff. Sot yoiu,ll probably enjoy this one..I have no idea what DBT is my friend. Qe13,17,and 9 being transistors? so A channel is RR I was wondering about that.I was checking the resistors got to re41thru44...
  13. K

i am also going to be doing some repairs/upgrades to my kenwood kr-8840 and seeking any information also. looks like some very good info here.Evidently no service manual for 8840 other then the 9940..so i,m limping along..Inoticed the other gentleman listed his equip. As far as quad the 8840 ...
  14. K

i just had a question on your picture..is that silmic 11,s on the amplifier board???
  15. K

Filter capacitors

Thank you james
  16. K

Lafayette SQ-W quad decoder

Okay your composer A and B circuitry will produce derived 4 channel from any 2 channel source..and it's pretty good actually especially composer A..but it's definitely not discrete quad by any means!! Anyway just hook up your 2 channel source to the front channel of tape A..unless it has a...
  17. K

Lafayette SQ-W quad decoder

I have an Sq-w decoder here with the owners manual..I believe the composer circuitry should be the same i,'ll post the setup page..also just so happens I have a lot of quad stuff I may be interested in letting go..for starters a quad 8 track player and some tapes..a Sony sqd 2020 Decoder..and a...
  18. K

Filter capacitors

Going into a Kenwood kr-8840
Back
Top Bottom