Search results

1. jvinhj240

Just Pulled the trigger on Bob Latino's VTA-120 tube power amp.

Hello everyone, I have VTA-120. I plan on buying Sonus Faber Amati tradition, do you think this amp is able to drive this speaker? I think it can but wonder if it is enough to drive them. 100W – 500W, without clipping, any suggestions? Thanks
  2. jvinhj240

Please help with A/B speaker switch

Thanks I can live with only Channel B. Yes I like to learn for simple fix as this receiver cost almost nothing now. I could buy it for $20 working condition same receiver. I only use 1 set of speaker with a sub. The sub is not working due to channel A but I use other output to use as sub...
  3. jvinhj240

Ok thanks, I think this is as far I can go .
  4. jvinhj240

so after busy week, I replace both relay but same problem. So I poke around , I found the mosfet pic attach read from left to right 1, 3 and continuity from legs across 2,4 nothing , whatever i poke there are non continuity. I don't know any thing about it do you think this is my problem...
  5. jvinhj240

Thanks so much . I give it a try.
  6. jvinhj240

oops, i double check its not clicking. your right. its the relay. I must now check ohmmeter. do i nset to DC voltage? what voltage i am looking for?
  7. jvinhj240

Sorry , its Kenwood AR304 Thanks, when i press A it does click. DO i need to open the relay? and see it really attach on the legs?
  8. jvinhj240

I have Yamaha AR304. The Speaker A have no output at all, Speaker B working fine. I connect only A no output. Speaker B has OUtput. I put A/b same time still same result. Please help me basic troubleshoot , where do I start and which point i need to check . thanks I attached Service...
  9. jvinhj240

Amp/speaker switch - DIY

can anyone give me link for 100 to 150 ohm resistors and also where exactly to put the resister on the tubeamp ? I am planning to build A/B speaker but I am lost on the resister part. TY
  10. jvinhj240

Jolida JD-100 display problem

No it will not brighten, I am removing it and look at solder joint. There is good looking and i pay without the cover on . It is not dimmed at a moment.
  11. jvinhj240

Please help. The first pic is when it first turn on bright. Later it dimmed that can't read unless come really close to display.
  12. jvinhj240

Sansui AU 11000 Value

is today $800 price range is not bad?
  13. jvinhj240

pioneer + polk audio = wonderfulness

I have Elacb6 in my bedroom and it sounds incredible nice. I think the bedroom size that make the sound come to our ears better especially those bass. If you move that system to your living room, you may not have same effects.
  14. jvinhj240

My Jolida jd100 start having problem that the display if first turn on it is bright then depends 5-20 mins later the display go dim very dark but able to see if I go closer. Anyone have this problem or if how do I diagnose this problem? Thank you.
  15. jvinhj240

which one would you go for?/

I search and found one from Japan ship here around $1500 and they did restore already but not completely. Like those big caps. Here is the note from seller. The pictures look decent and seem like they replace most defective parts. The turner look on the ebay around $600~. Are these price...
  16. jvinhj240

How many vintage receivers do you have?

I guess I am the one rare here. Only have 1 :)
  17. jvinhj240

which one would you go for?/

I am looking for a Sansui receiver but I can't decide. Sansui G8000 vs Sansui AU-11000. Which one would you go for? Thanks
  18. jvinhj240

Do I need a DAC?

I am using Oppo 105 to Receiver . Play everything from CD, FLAC, WVA, TIDAL.
  19. jvinhj240

So You Want To Repair Audio gear, Eh? Here's the tools you need...

Did you finished building it? I got his 120 VTA. Can't go wrong with his kit , I also have his partner pre-amp build by Don sachs . Wonderful combo.
  20. jvinhj240

Should I worry? sx-980

Thanks, I will put heatsink first see if temp really drop then adding if needed. The 980 open really quick for blow dust out but adding a fan is not what I wanted because I still got some wiring to do and does look funky.
  21. jvinhj240

Should I worry? sx-980

Thanks. I just put PC fans , temp dropped really good. I am ordering some cpu heatsink maybe add small fans. Will see
  22. jvinhj240

Should I worry? sx-980

is there a better way to lower the temperature? Or just leave it alone till crack?
  23. jvinhj240

Should I worry? sx-980

So this is my first Pioneer got it couple months , decide to look over everything after browsing thru this site. I want to check out power supply board and yes the board look really dirty on the board because the heat causes this on 1st pic then 2nd pic is after I did some cleaning and it...
  24. jvinhj240

SX-780 Has lights, but nothing else.

I am a newbie but I watch Youtube for 3-4 months. I learned a lot from reading and watching these. Hope you can figure out too, please post solution.
  25. jvinhj240

Nakamichi DR-2 HELP, do not play

update: So I replaced all belts from Mars Comm. also lubes the motor and clean the whole deck. It sounds even better the first day I got it and look beautiful inside out. Questions: Is there any other adjustment or re-cap needed ? I like to service this deck if possible any. Thank...
Back
Top Bottom