Search results

1. Jonesy09

NAD 2150 Protection Issue?

Received my 2150 today, ordered "tested, works". After letting it sit inside open for a few hours I plugged it in to check power up. Worked fine. Then plugged in the NAD 1020 pre and tried it again. It wouldn't stay powered up. All lights would come on, then fade out. It worked again after...
  2. Jonesy09

NAD 1020 & Leesonic Refurb

Got myself a pretty nice unit on a trade for a Nak receiver and a little cash. I know some folks hate the looks of these mid '80's units but I like their simplicity. Having done re-caps on a few sets of speakers I know electrical components can use some refreshing after a while so I shipped...
  3. Jonesy09

Built in Subwoofer Project

Recently bought a new house and have been dialing in systems in various rooms. The system in question is the living room which is supposed to be our one 5.1 rig in the house. At issue is that we lost our .1 for this system a couple years ago and have been running 5.0 since then. Now that we...
  4. Jonesy09

Snell Type K - what to do with them?

Was gifted a pair from relatives. They need foam and some light refresh on the cabinets but are in otherwise decent and operable shape. Years ago I was pretty heavy into refurbing for myself and flipping but haven't done it in a while. I did have a pair of JII's for a couple weeks and loved...
  5. Jonesy09

Blowing out a 2226

Literally. How safe is this? Getting a relative's receiver ready to sell and cracked the top to deoxit the volume knob (can't do it from inside it turns out) and noticed the layer of dust inside. Not the worst I've seen but my first inclination was to take it out to the garage and hit the...
  6. Jonesy09

How steep is the 'Marantz Tax'?

I've been tasked with selling some gear for relatives who are downsizing. The two main pieces of interest are a 2226 receiver and a 6100 turntable. They are the original owners who bought them new in the late 70's. they were never abused as they got light use listening to occasional country...
  7. Jonesy09

Marantz 6100/Shure M91ED trouble shoot

Hello All, Been out for a bit but now need some help figuring out some bad warble on the above mentioned rig (helping relatives with some gear). The 6100 with original cart was bought new by them in the late 1970's, and while they were not audiophiles or huge music fans, this did get...
  8. Jonesy09

AIWA AD-L300u

Anyone know anything about this deck? I've read some of the history on Aiwa relating to Sony, etc...but can't seem to find much info specific to this model. I have a relative giving up some gear and I'm wondering about the status of this model.
  9. Jonesy09

Infinity Entra Two

I have to admit, I'm an Infinity fan. From my first HTIB set to Interlude 30's to my hot rodded RS II's. I've loved them all. So when I saw a pair of Entra Two's on the local CL for $50 I just had to find a reason to try them out. Same CMMD drivers as the IL30's that I liked so much but a...
  10. Jonesy09

New RS8T on the way....we'll see.

Just ordered a replacement stylus for my old Realistic R1000EDT. Got the N75HE type 2 from LP Gear. The most expensive stylus I've ever bought. Got a new headshell for the Denon DP-300F and will now have three carts mounted for this table. Grado ZC+/Green1, LP Gear improved Denon stock...
  11. Jonesy09

Had to swap tables and am left....wanting.

Other than spinning a very occasional new record on the main system I really haven't been deep into my tables and record collection the last several years. Now, hunting for my son's first table, I got the bug again and have been cleaning up some of the old vinyl that has been waiting to get...
  12. Jonesy09

Technics SL-1700

Hello all. I'm on the hunt for my son's first TT. He's 21, been using our main system table for several years and has his own budding vinyl collection so I'm confident he knows what he is doing. I'd like to get him something that can keep through upgrading other components of his system as he...
  13. Jonesy09

Micro Seiki MB-10 or Philips 202

Looking for a table for my 21 year old son. Will be his first but he's well versed in the operation and care from growing up with our turntables. He regularly uses our main system Dual 510 and does a good job. He has a small vinyl collection of his own and a moderate system in his room but no...
  14. Jonesy09

A/D/S B7 tweaking

I know this is a relatively unknown model of the storied ADS line so this post may not gain much traction. But I've been out of the hobby for a bit and am looking to start tweaking again so I'm looking for some input on weather this speaker is a good candidate for upgrading, or should I just...
  15. Jonesy09

No tape output to receiver/computer rig

Here's one for ya.... I've been asked to move some audio cassette to digital so I have the following rig setup. JVC TD-W203 -> Nakamichi SR-2A -> Dell Dimension E510 via tape out to line-in with SigmaTel Audio soundcard. The software is Audacity. The turntable, CD player and tuner...
  16. Jonesy09

Dual 1019 in Madison

No interest of affil, just don't see these around here that often especially at this price. I don't like the lack of a picture but it's worth a phone call. I would have but I already have one. http://madison.craigslist.org/ele/2946854324.html
  17. Jonesy09

Midwest VOTT's

No interest, affiliation or idea if this is a reasonable price or not. All I know is giant Altec's are much sought after, so here's a pair in northern WI. http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/ele/2926206919.html
  18. Jonesy09

Expired Jerky Cure....yeah or nay?

So I got three pounds of ground venison out and was getting ready to mix in the cure for a batch of jerky. This is the pre-packaged Nesco cure and their seasoning packet. I notice it's clumped up pretty good but I don't think much of it as I know spices and the like can do that sometimes. As...
  19. Jonesy09

Moving Speakers

So tomorrow I'll be tossing my gear into a couple trailers and hauling it 3 miles down the road to the new digs. Most everything is packed in factory boxes and what isn't is packed pretty well. My only concern is two large pair of speakers and in which position to transport them. I've heard...
  20. Jonesy09

Moving & tube security

I'll be moving soon and I'm curious if I should remove the tubes in my pre amp and phono pre and pack them separately. It's an in-town move that I'll be doing my self so the boxes won't be tossed around by movers. Is there any danger or potential damage that could occur by leaving them in place?
  21. Jonesy09

My first Pheasant.....What'dya got?

Never killed it. Never cooked it. Never ate it. I picked up some farm-raised boneless pheasant breasts a little bit ago and decided tomorrow is the day. A friend (experienced hunter and game cook) says steer clear of the grill and prefers a light batter and pan fry in the ol' cast iron...
  22. Jonesy09

The new Foo & value in the new age of vinyl

A couple of admissions right up front.... I'm a Foo fan. And... I'm occasionally subject to hype. With that out of the way I can happily admit that I'm more that satisfied with my $30 purchase of the new record, Wasting Light. Being a fan I was easily drawn into all the talk of...
  23. Jonesy09

Alfredo sauce....check it off the list.

I've been trying to get this one down and I think I can finally check it off the list. I know it's supposed to be a simple sauce but I've found the issue is how you combine the ingredients, and whisking your butt-off. I also hung myself up by trying to be lazy and using pre-grated cheese...
  24. Jonesy09

Run, don't walk....

http://madison.craigslist.org/ele/2188818901.html No affil, or interest. Just a big 'ol jaw drop and hoping someone can get in on this. He's also got a 555 II.... http://madison.craigslist.org/ele/2188846783.html
  25. Jonesy09

Apparently I'm not meant to own a Denon cart

Walking through the dining room yesterday I notice the platter on the kitchen system table is spinning. The problem is there's no record on it and I know it hasn't been used in a few days. After I let our a girlie-like yelp and quickly open up the cover I see the cart rubbing up against the...
Back
Top Bottom