Search results

1. SoundnVision

dbx BX-3 (mk I) Bias - DC Offset - Relays

I'm also having trouble biasing my BX-3. It states to connect across the 2 pin connector (actually marked T on the upper right corner of the board). However I get 0 DC V across the pins. Adjusting KVR-2 does not change the reading.
  2. SoundnVision

Marantz 2325 no power after shorting power amp.

Thanks for the tip. I'm away for the weekend but will look into it first thing Monday. I hope it's just a dirty pot or switch but I cleaned them all multiple times. Regardless, I will try again and report back.
  3. SoundnVision

Just when I thought I was in the clear it seems an old problem has come back to haunt me.. The left channel has started cutting in and out again. This is one of the reasons I decided to recap in the first place. The problem initially occured when I was driving two sets of speakers (both 8...
  4. SoundnVision

Definitely a close call, stroke of luck and lucky escape. Really happy the transistors are all good. Thanks! The case is actually a dark blue, it shows better in the sunlight. I wanted to compliment the black face and blue lights. It was much darker than I was anticipating but it's grown on me...
  5. SoundnVision

I must be lucky or something.. All the transistors are ok and the music is filling the room once again! Thanks to everyone here my restoration is finally complete. Fully recapped, lights replaced with LEDs, new relay, new faceplate and a custom finish on the wood case. Did all the adjustments...
  6. SoundnVision

I'll get a replacement fuse, build a dim bulb tester and will report back tomorrow. Assuming I shorted one or more of the transistors, are they still available for the 2325? I know the transistors in my SX-1280 are unobtainable short of taking them out of another unit.
  7. SoundnVision

Wow.. I'm laughing right now. I completely forgot about the main fuse in the back as I was caught up with my concern for the innards of the machine. Out of site out of mind I guess. Anyway I unscrewed the fuse holder and of course the fuse is burnt to hell. Never have I been happier to see burnt...
  8. SoundnVision

I tested them all and then tested them again. There's continuity across all fuses even the cloudy 200ma fuse on the power supply I replaced.
  9. SoundnVision

Yes, multimeter is all ready to go.
  10. SoundnVision

Greetings potential saviours, I am feeling so many emotions right now. None of them positive. Here's the story. I had a perfectly good 2325 that I decided to recap as a Christmas present for myself. After about a week of working on it I successfully replaced the caps on all boards (mostly...
  11. SoundnVision

river25, This is regarding your thread about the GXC-570D. I have a unit with the exact same...

river25, This is regarding your thread about the GXC-570D. I have a unit with the exact same symptoms, my tape stops moments after I press play, I just put it on its back a few minutes ago as you suggested and to my surprise it hasn't stopped playing since! Did you end up changing the belt? Any...
Back
Top Bottom