Search results

1. Bassblaster

Kenwood KAC-728, bias wont adjust

I Made another post but after i found more issues i decided it would be better to just make a new thread. Original post Service Manual Ive got a Class AB Kenwood 2ch car amplifier from the late 1990's that had dead shorts across both right channel outputs (2SC4388 / 2SA1673) and the drivers...
  2. Bassblaster

Needing 2SC4388 and 2SA1673 replacement

Hello AK, ive got a Kenwood class AB 2 channel amplifier with 2SC4388 and 2SA1673 outputs that are both C to E shorted. Drivers are 2SC2235 and 2SA965, which i think are also dead. There's 2 of each in parallel for whatever reason. The 2SC2235's one tests with a gain of about 180 and the other...
  3. Bassblaster

Junk Sansui amp acting possessed

After a year of failing to get rid of this heap of junk Sansui A-1100 i said to hell with it and stuck it in the garage where ive absolutely ran the dog out of it for about a month and out of nowhere tonight it starting acting up again. Not even gonna try to explain so here's a video. Im not...
  4. Bassblaster

Infinity RS-5000 NON A Thermal tweeter fuse

For reasons i sure my neighbors can confirm, alcohol and RS-5000's dont seem to mix too well. So for anyone here that has these speakers and are unsre, i would like to confirm that the thermal fuse in the crossover for the tweeters do in fact work quite well. Thank you all for coming to my ted talk
  5. Bassblaster

Pioneer CT-W451R, Looking for info

I Have a CT-W451R that needs belts that im considering getting rid of both of my realistic tape decks for this pioneer. Anyone have any info on it? Would it be an upgrade from my Realistic SCT-29 or 31?
  6. Bassblaster

Downsizing my rack, DIY solution

Im looking into downsizing my current audio rack that I've ran for 5 or 6 years now. The pic below is what it looks like now. From bottom to top i have.. JVC L-F210 with a bad stylus Sansui SE-8 Pioneer PD-M701 Fisher CA-800 Fisher FM-600 Realistic SCT-31 Realistic SCT-29 My plan is to...
  7. Bassblaster

STK2029, 4 Ohm safe??

title. i have a little Fisher CA-35 housing an STK-2029 that i have on my spare TV in my game room and would like to ditch the headphones and get a small set of bookshelf speakers. Does anyone think the 2029 can survive a 4 Ohm load? STK-2029 shows a collector current of 4A, up from 3A of the...
  8. Bassblaster

After many months, my first DIY amp is complete!

After about 4 months of on and off building and about a year researching parts and circuits, i finally have completed my DIY MOSFET Class A headphone amp for use on my computer. To be fair, the amp design isnt mine, but i ordered the PCB and built it myself including troubleshooting buzz from a...
  9. Bassblaster

mains hum in DIY headphone amp

Greetings, after several months i finally got my class A DIY headphone amp built. After powering it up and setting the bias, i have mains hum! the board draws 400mA total give or take a couple 10mA and my transformer is an AnTek AN-0115, 15V+15V 10VA, secondary's in parallel. Rectifier board has...
  10. Bassblaster

I can hear my neighbor's electric fence

So here's a fun one. i can hear my neighbors electric fence on EVERYTHING i have that is both, plugged into the wall AND getting signal through cable, Say, RCA on my amp stack, or the little 3.5mm feeding my PC speakers. after hearing a constant CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK every second exactly...
  11. Bassblaster

How to pick resistance of volume pot

Greetings, im ordering up parts for a DIY class A headphone amp and im not sure what value volume pot i need. Im using THIS CIRCUIT it will be fed with line level from my PC. Will 50K work? 20K? i wouldn't think 100K
  12. Bassblaster

DAC Shopping

I never thought the day would come...im in the market for a DAC. In a last ditch effort to get rid of all the awful noise from my computers 3.5mm output on the motherboard, i've decided to try a DAC. Ive been looking around and the one i found that really catches me, the Schiit MODI 3. all im...
  13. Bassblaster

Sansui T-700, Dead, Voltages being pulled down

Greetings. i have a complete Sansui stack with the T-700 tuner. Last night i pulled them all out, tuners dead! i popped the top off and started voltage checking the PSU board. The 5V and 5.6V outputs were both being pulled down to about 0.5V and R5 100 Ohm was getting stupid hot. 12V was good. I...
  14. Bassblaster

Active Crossover help

Ive been going through some of my PCB designs that i never got finished and i always get stuck on active crossovers for high/low pass. i dont understand them or know how to pick what values for what frequencies i want. Alot of my projects come to a stop when i reach a point where i need an...
  15. Bassblaster

GE 7355 PP Console work begins

After the ID thread went pretty well, now we make a thread on trying to get this thing to work. Since then ive gotten the PCB and all the tubes cleaned up so its not so nasty to handle There's some rings around a few of the sockets solder joints ill have to touch up. Right off the bat...
  16. Bassblaster

Mystery Console ID

Found this for free on the side of the road so of course i had to grab it. looks like its going to be a problem child as mice ate the dial string. but all the tubes are in it so i guess thats a good start. Any ideas on WHAT this thing is?
  17. Bassblaster

Messing with switched DC jacks

Greetings again DIY AKers. the past couple months ive been working on and off on a bluetooth speaker build using a 12V battery just because i dont know what else to do with it. To skip ahead, im trying to figure out how to connect a 3 terminal DC jack to disconnect the load when the barrel jack...
  18. Bassblaster

The SX-636 is back on the bench

Greetings, my favorite SX-636 is back on the bench with deafeningly loud static bursts on the right channel. i think i have it narrowed down to the tone board. When i repaired it almost 5 years ago i replaced the shorted 2SA726 dif pair on the left channel amp board causing -31V on the left...
  19. Bassblaster

Another vintage IC (possibly) turned into descrete.

Greetings, back with another ambitious project, me and fellow AK user Majk have been discussing the possibility of making the UPC1225H driver IC into a discrete board. Much like me and a few others did a few years back and made a discrete STK3102 driver. For the uPC the i have the block diagram...
  20. Bassblaster

Pioneer PD-M701, Disk scraping and skipping fixed by washers

Howdy, after almost a year i finally decided to swap my Pioneer PD-M423 out for a PD-M701 i got from a buddie when moving. First power up the disks were scraping on the inside and it skipped badly, fast forward an hour i found out by lightly lifting up on the assembly the lens is mounted on, the...
  21. Bassblaster

How to tell if A+B switch is Series or Parallel?

As the title says, how can i tell if flipping the switch to A+B puts both speakers in series or parallel? i would like to run both my speakers at once because why not but i dont want to risk cooking my Fisher CA-800 power amp with a 4 Ohm load. A Series connection of 16 Ohm would be much better...
  22. Bassblaster

92 Toyota Corolla 5-speed Wagon Project

Greetings, some car people here so i thought id ask here first for some questions. i got my hands on a 92 Corolla 5-speed Wagon as a project as i wanted somithing with some rust so i could practice with welding and installing patch panels and prep/paint. but i have some questions. 1: Being an...
  23. Bassblaster

4 independent outputs with only 2 channel chip amps?

Im going to try to make this make sense. Anywho im trying to figure out how alot of these 90's car receivers worked. by that i mean, how do they drive 4 speakers WITH independent balance and fader, meaning each speakers has its own control BUT on the inside they only have a 2 channel power amp...
  24. Bassblaster

Lost FM reception

Greetings, bit of a fun one here. i took apart my dads battey radio we keep around for when we lose power to clean the volume pot and now suddenly i lost FM reception. i can go from one end of the dial to the other and nothing changes. all i get is the station at 107.9 across the entire band but...
  25. Bassblaster

LM307 and LF351 Op Amp replacments

Greetings, im in the works of a "precision" full wave audio rectifier (copying TI reference design) for a level meter and i need a modern replacement for the LM307 and LF351 Op Amps. A general google search doesnt help too much
Back
Top Bottom