Search results

1. G

Japanese Audio and High End Japanese Audio

having visited akihabara in tokyo, a couple of times, the sheer scale of consumer interest and md manufacturers' efforts,in the 1980's and '90's, was impressive, 3 story hifi stores plentiful. just like with cameras, japan took the american marketing model - improved it - brand development...
  2. G

Kenwood L - 1000 Series - strongly overhyped?

good point. but the industry-wide change of direction by ^japan inc.' in the mid 90's, away from serious hifi, meant that the absence of japan's majors, in marketing effort, meant a huge fall-off in demand. the lower volume sales since then, has manifested itself in colossal price increases...
  3. G

oh, I find the headphone ourput really good, not noisy. really outstanding phono stage. toda, only someone like nagra, would give circuit topology effort to phase coherence, ground plane, to acheive such a result, at a 2016 price x 45 times+ more?, accuphase,krell,naim, similar. technics...
  4. G

Do current speakers of a certain price point exceed the performance of past speakers?

I knnow what I don't like - naim p.r.a.t voicing of their products. that they ask c45kf or new in any major currency, for aphono-pre-power combo, when 1k can buy aa similar spec. superb vintage combo, amazes me. worse, I heard a wilson alexandria and yam. ns-1000m in short order. no contest...
  5. G

Yamaha NS2000 Surrounds

yes, the centennial babies. no, after you.
  6. G

Yamaha NS2000 Surrounds

7. G

Yamaha NS2000 Surrounds

does anyone know if the giant NS-10000 have foam surrounds,or the GF-1s'? reading the thread, apparently the 1000x did not.(they were introdced later than 2000's, I think) I wonder how long it took Yamaha to learn and avoid about foam degradation problem? my 2 pairs of 1Ks' keep me happy...
  8. G

the 1000C and 1000M are great individually or as a combo. not over-hyped imo. I love mine. I do not use fm radio, so no need for 1000T.I would need to audition a 1000D, I rather think post 1995 technology, may have overtaken that used in the dac circuit within this cd-player. I remain...
  9. G

supex 901 super

well an expired ad on here said $550 ! OFF TOPIC - OPINIONS ON ARCHIVING LPs' REQUESTED I have one.(from new - 1977) which was repaired, after a bad bounce, in about 1980, by sugano-san jnr, then operating in south korea. came back with new vital stylus. sounded superb - as before, in a new...
  10. G

supex 901 super

Back
Top Bottom