Search results

1. 70'sredo

Audio Community Phrases or Sayings that Make You Cringe.....

This one just popped up: SANSUI 800 RECEIVER NEW BULBS DETOXED SWITCHES & KNOBS SOUNDS & LOOKS GREAT switches must be heavy drinkers...... Sellers figured out that by saying they de-oxed things made the item more desirable. Really doubt most of these sellers payed the heavy cost of Deoxit. Why...
  2. 70'sredo

Show us your flea-watts amps!

I guess this qualifies. 1.5 WPC? Marketed by AMD in the early 60's. Japanese construction. These pop up on the auction site under different brand names. AMD is still around selling processor chips. Sounds very nice. I have this running out to the speakers on a mid 60's RCA stereo phonograph...
  3. DSC03343

DSC03343

4. DSC03342

DSC03342

5. flea watt

flea watt

6. 70'sredo

Audio Community Phrases or Sayings that Make You Cringe.....

My favorite being: "I don't know anything about this item." Well, you sure figgered out what you were asking for it. Usually some ridiculous price. Hey, what's wrong with "crunchy"? Some of this stuff literally makes a crunching noise when you poke your finger through it. Rotted pressed wood is...
  7. 70'sredo

KLH model 8.

Haven't posted anything for a while. I've accrued several 50's portable phonographs in the last 2 months, and I've been poking at those. Just picked up a RCA SPH 13 tube phonograph on Saturday from a barn. It's larger than a regular portable, and I think it was the same chassis which was used on...
  8. 70'sredo

Help me select a compact bookshelf system

I recently came across a Sharp CD E-99 "bookshelf" unit at the local badwill. It looked like it had very low usage on it, and came with the speakers (wood cabs). This is a combo receiver, dual tape player, and 3 cd carousel. Anyway, this thing has an STK amp chip which is extremely large, and...
  9. 70'sredo

Sencore SG-165

xraytonyb on Youtube. Watch the "probes and answering questions" video. He shows how to build the Pad,and the demodulator probes. You don't need the one that let you hook up to a car radio.The dummy speaker loading alone is worth the price. He also has a video which goes through every...
  10. 70'sredo

Boomboxes and Ghettoblasters

I sincerely think that boomboxes have flown under the radar as interesting audio devices. There was a TON of crap, and some really cool boxes. That being said, if you look on the auction site, the prices for the nice stuff have become stupid. Really,really stupid. I was lucky enough to have...
  11. 70'sredo

Who's your favorite YouTuber / YouTube Channel?

Easy for me: radiotvphononut Shango066 Glasslinger Mr. Carlson's lab I find it incredibly Zen to watch Shango066 literally pull a 40 year old television out of the mud, and with just a minor bit of diddling, get a picture and sound. radiotvphononut has anger issues which I can certainly relate...
  12. 70'sredo

Balance Knobs- who actually use it?

I too, subscribed to leaving the balance in the middle, thinking it was a hardware issue if I had to "bias" one channel more than the other. I am much older and more experienced. I actually fine tune with the balance. My ears are much more sensitive to levels now. Also I've AB tested about 40...
  13. 70'sredo

Contact cleaner or detoxit

CRC by itself was never meant to be used as a one- off solution. It's great to flush out stubborn pot problems. I always add a touch of lube when done. However, when a tiny can of Faderlube runs $15., having a big honking can of contact cleaner is really nice.
  14. 70'sredo

Contact cleaner or detoxit

I use a LOT of CRC contact cleaner. It leaves absolutely no residue and dries almost immediately. Most important for me, it's $7.00 a can at the hardware store as opposed to $15 for deoxit's much smaller can.It's great for cleaning pots. Then I'll hit them with a microspray of faderlube. I have...
  15. 70'sredo

Fun Saturday afternoon Kluge

Interesting combination here. I'm using a 1968 Lear Stereo 8 (8 track) with it's built-in 20 watt amp. A thrift store Radio Shack ($2.00) walkman type cd player It's playing out to the KLH 24 speakers on my KLH model 25 console. I find the Lear Stereo 8 to be a very unique device. It was...
  16. Lear stereo 8 internal

Lear stereo 8 internal

17. Lear stereo 8

Lear stereo 8

18. Kluge of KLH Model 25, model 24 and lear stereo 8

Kluge of KLH Model 25, model 24 and lear stereo 8

KLH model 25 with Lear Stereo 8
  19. 70'sredo

JC Penny branded Soundesign 8 track receiver turntable combo

Tremendous commitment. Not only does the player have to be optimal, but each and every cartridge has to be inspected/repaired/lubed. SHEESH. I'm looking forward to restoring the JC Penny when I get bored with listening to it. I'm good with the TT and receiver working. What is it about Christmas...
  20. 70'sredo

Nuvistor's are totally unsexy. They don't glow, they're very small, and the pins are fragile. I tested the cassette just now. It works, but I'm getting a power supply hum. 8 Track belt is trashed. I'm listening to Christmas music on the FM. Sounds great. I'm a huge KLH fan. The Model 25 used...
  21. 70'sredo

Just wanted to share my opinion on this. Yesterday I purchased a JC Penny 8 track receiver combo with the turntable and cassette from the local GW. It was priced more than I thought it was worth, but they rarely have anything decent in the vintage audio realm at this place. I'm afraid the all-...
  22. 70'sredo

Optinica SA 2121. Seriously?

HI. Haven't posted anything. I'm a lurker. I live in the armpit of the gulf coast. Moved here from KC MO last December. I've really gotten back into vintage audio since I've moved here. I'm retired, and just trying to keep my brain wet. It's been almost impossible to find a decent FM station to...
  23. 70'sredo

help with Sony CD601ES output problem

Hi. First ever post. I'll try to keep it brief. Purchased a Sony CD601ES on the auction site from a buyer that spent a great deal of the listing going on about how it was tested, played for hours before listing to test, low miles. Usual nonsense.Paid a little more, nasty shipping. I received it...
  24. 70'sredo

New member in north Florida

Hi. Just signed up. I've started gathering vintage equipment (again) since my wife and I moved here in mid-December. Needless to say, my wife is pissed. I have cobbled together a pretty decent system in our "mud room" as the wife put her foot down about having the gear in the house.I found a...
Back
Top Bottom