Search results

1. Bahamayellow

Wheel of time

So far has been a pretty good watch. Alittle slow in the beginning but introducing all the characters. If u like fantasy type shows I think this will be a good one.
  2. Bahamayellow

Shang-chi legend of the 10 rings

I saw this movie a few weeks and really enjoyed it. It’s the next installment in the marvel movies. If u like any kind of older king fu movies you will like this. Going to see again Saturday.
  3. Bahamayellow

Fast and furious 9

So I watched all the fast and furious movies in a theatre and had to go to this one also. I really like the story on this one. Sure there were some ridiculous things that happened but it’s just entertainment. I still like all the cars that are in this movie. I guess at 500 million made worldwide...
  4. Bahamayellow

Black Summer on Netflix

If u like zombie shows this one is a bit different. Just as the rest keeps u guessing. A lot different than the walking dead.
  5. Bahamayellow

The magicians

I just watched the final season. It’s a really good story 5 seasons long. Originally on sci fi channel now available on Netflix. I’m not a big fan of Harry Potter so this is the complete opposite. If others have watched let me know what u think.
  6. Bahamayellow

The queens gambit

I wasn’t sure if I was going to watch this series on Netflix so far I’m on the 3rd episode and liking it. If u ever played chess u will like it as well. Starts off slow but gets better
  7. Bahamayellow

Ripping vinyl from analog to digital

Hello just wondering if anyone has a recommendation to rip vinyl from analog to digital. A good converter not to expensive say 100-150 dollar range. It’s not for me for a friend. He had a Tascam unit that isn’t working after 3 years. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
  8. Bahamayellow

IRS sigmas in Pennsylvania

There’s some IRS sigmas in Pennsylvania on the bay if someone is interested. Would probably swap my 9s our for these lol. These are not mine.
  9. Bahamayellow

The Official - Technics SL-1900 Owners Thread

I have been wanting to start a thread for the Technics sl-1900 since there isn’t really one. I think this model gets lost between the more popular Technics turntable models. This turn table can be found pretty reasonable and sounds really good. It’s also a fully automatic turntable for those who...
  10. Bahamayellow

Cobra Kai on netflix

In the 80s it was the karate kid I saw in the theatre in 1984. Fast forward to the present the same rivalry is still going on watch the 2 seasons straight through. Season 3 coming.
  11. Bahamayellow

Is it me or vintage Sansuis out of control

Has anyone noticed the prices on vintage Sansuis. Seems like in the past couple months they are getting outrageous in pricing. I bought my G-8000 2 years ago for a decent amount of money but was able to haggle a bit. Now the same reciever is way more than I had paid on other sites. I seen the...
  12. Bahamayellow

A Thorens turntable to go with my G-4500

Hello all I recently bought a TD 160 MKII to go with my g4500. Found it pretty reasonable on a site in town and it works and sounds perfectly with the G. I had a grado cart that I didn’t like on my other tables so I threw it on the thorens. Sounds fantastic as I find myself listening to it a lot...
  13. Bahamayellow

The Old Guard (Movie)

The old guard on Netflix was pretty good. Charlize Therons in it was enough for me. Started slow the. Picked up pretty well.
  14. Bahamayellow

Star Girl on the CW

So far really liking the story’s so far being told. Bunch of kids trying to start their own justice league and getting their butts whooped by veteran villains. It just got picked up for a second season see how long it lasts.
  15. Bahamayellow

Warrior Nuns on netflix

Just got done watching warrior nuns on Netflix. Was really entertaining. Can’t wait till season 2. Warrior nuns, secret order, since the crusades I was in. Lol
  16. Bahamayellow

Emit tweeter from Midwest speaker Kappa .1 series

Just wondering if anyone has used purchased a tweeter for the kappa .1 series from Midwest speaker. Looks the same not sure if it sounds the same though. Thanks
  17. Bahamayellow

Kappa 5.1s seriesii

Well I thought I wasn’t going to buy any more vintage speakers but these 5.1s came up on Craig’s for 120 so I had to take a look. I still didn’t like my alpha 50s with the Sansui so for the price I would try it. Like a dummy I didn’t check all the drivers so had to go in my stash for a...
  18. Bahamayellow

Bought a new deck sharp Rt-1120

Ha ha literally a brand new sharp deck. I know it’s not rare or a really fine hi fi but it was 10 min away and the price of a meal and a beer. Came with all the packing material and box including the cardboard to keep the wheels from spinning in the slot for shipping. I listened to it with my...
  19. Bahamayellow

Who’s got floor standers and it’s mini me next to it

Ok I know a lot of you have to many speakers. I put some smaller floor standers in the bedroom so the monitor audio BX1s got kicked out the room. I liked how they sound with my vintage Sansui g4500 so just didn’t want to let them sit. I moved them downstairs next to the 4 footers and they look...
  20. Bahamayellow

Vintage Sansui to the modern age

Just wondering if a lot of you have more modern sources connected to your vintage Sansui. If you do let’s see the set up dacs, laptops, cd, modern speakers. Let’s go Boomers. Lol
  21. Bahamayellow

Alpha 50s found a spot for them

So I bought these about 4 years ago and really thought they would be more like my reference 2000.6 that do movie duty but sound decent with music also. They really didn’t sound great with any system or equipment I had. I thought the the tweeter sounded a bit uncontrolled on the alphas so I used...
  22. Bahamayellow

Marie Fredriksson from Roxette passed away

If you grew up in the late 80s early 90s she was popular.
  23. Bahamayellow

Speaker stands that aren’t speaker stands

How many of us use something for speaker stands that are not speaker stands. I know I’m guilty. I used a small TV trays and tables. Probably not ideal but using these now since they are the same height. Lol
  24. Bahamayellow

The toys that made us on netflix

The toys that made us is a great documentary about toys from most of our generations 70s,80,90,2000 toys that made a ton of money off us kids but it had to start some where. Just finished watching season 3. Only 4 episodes per season.
  25. Bahamayellow

Speakers to pair with a G8000

Just wondering what speakers everyone is using with their G8000. Thinking of branching out a bit. Trying to stay within the bookshelf type speakers whether modern or vintage, I am using my mini monitor audios and they sound good but seems to be missing something, just wondering if anyone is...
Back
Top Bottom