Search results

1. hifiladelfia

Total noob wanting to put together a decent vintage starter system. A few questions.

i second this, they just play nice together.
  2. hifiladelfia

Nagaoka MP110, SL-1200MK2, SX-1010, Advent Loudspeakers and Polk Monitor 10As.

Nagaoka MP110, SL-1200MK2, SX-1010, Advent Loudspeakers and Polk Monitor 10As.
  3. hifiladelfia

Pics of your listening space

New place, new space. Been working towards this for two years. Searching, fixing, changing, moving positions. Pretty happy with the sound I'm getting now! Nagaoka MP110, SL-1200MK2, SX-1010, Advent Loudspeakers and Polk Monitor 10As.
  4. hifiladelfia

Good call thanks!
  5. hifiladelfia

Pioneer SX-737 into Altec Lansing Model 5s paired with Advent Loudspeakers. Combo sounds sweet to my ears! SX-535 below, Sansui and fisher spx are just being used for stands.
  6. hifiladelfia

Funny how life works

Yes, love that 535, it's in beautiful condition and was recon'd from a very good tech who specializes in the x3x series pioneers. Picking up a 737 from him in a few weeks... Trying to track down more OLAs!
  7. hifiladelfia

Funny how life works

Great post, thanks for sharing! I'm new to vintage audio, formerly spent all my extra quiche on guitars and guitar amps. Brought two thoughts to mind that I'd love to hear opinions on. 1. In guitar rigs 20 watts on a tube amp dwarfs a 20 watt SS amp, does the same hold true for hifi ? And...
  8. hifiladelfia

Boston Acoustics A120 ??

Good call. Noticed this when moving from my work space (open area) to my bedroom (recessed area up against wall).
  9. hifiladelfia

Boston Acoustics A120 ??

I have advent prodigy ii's and baby ii's in my rotation also. I feel like they don't get much love from the gen pop too. Maybe we just have a different taste. however, the ba a120s are not easy to find so somebody is hanging on to them. Thanks for posting man!
  10. hifiladelfia

Boston Acoustics A120 ??

(I know this is an old thread, but wanted to chime in) Bought a pair of these off of CL for about $60. Spx were super clean and well cared for. Got home, hooked em up and was less than impressed. No fullness to sound. The 10" surrounds were intact, but felt limp. So I refoamed them (old ones...
  11. hifiladelfia

Baby Advent II speakers review

Right on. Thanks man.
  12. hifiladelfia

Currently set up Pioneer SX-535 with advent prodigy ii's and baby advent ii's. Apartment...

Currently set up Pioneer SX-535 with advent prodigy ii's and baby advent ii's. Apartment setting. Perfect for low volume.
  13. hifiladelfia

Baby Advent II speakers review

Refoam on these are super easy. I have refoamed advent prodigy ii's and baby advent ii's that I refoamed myself (first attempt ever) running out of a Pioneer SX-535. Apartment setting, so volume rarely past 1 or 2 watts and they are PERFECT for that type of all day listening. Sound gets better...
  14. hifiladelfia

ADVENT Prodigy tower speakers... worth anything?

Def... Prodigy ii sound amazing for moderate listen levels. Clean full mids
  15. hifiladelfia

What are the other '70's little guys (receivers)?

TRUTH.... I have the same two models. Wish I could confirm the OEM. Seems to be some varied opinions.
  16. hifiladelfia

Lafayette LR 5555a speaker recommendations

Love the look of the super midgets and the dynacos. Great look. Give us an update when you get them hooked up!
  17. hifiladelfia

Lafayette LR 5555a speaker recommendations

I just picked up a well kept Lafayette LR-3500 as my entry receiver and picked up some Advent Prodigy ii speakers, not sure of age, but they sound very nice with this receiver, especially FM radio. I listen at low volumes (apartment) and the base still kicks with total satisfaction with bass...
  18. hifiladelfia

The Sansui RA-500 next to it is hooked up to the remote speaker output and is fun to tinker with...

The Sansui RA-500 next to it is hooked up to the remote speaker output and is fun to tinker with but I really just hooked to up for the vibe. #cheapthrills. Also only paid $30. In great shape.
  19. hifiladelfia

New to vintage stereos, scored a nicely working Lafayette LR-3500 and running thru Advent...

New to vintage stereos, scored a nicely working Lafayette LR-3500 and running thru Advent Prodigy ii speakers. ...I'm hooked
Back
Top Bottom