Search results

1. S

Found a Sansui Eight

I didn't get to open the bottom yet, but I did stare at it a bit last night. It's the first receiver I've had with a real wood cover.
  2. S

Found a Sansui Eight

Interesting, the more I read about this unit, the more it seems like it's truly hand made. KeithD, this is exactly the type of succinct write up I was looking for. I will open the bottom tonight and take pictures at the very least. It sure feels like something is skipping, about every 8th...
  3. S

Found a Sansui Eight

I'm really happy with the find I had on Saturday. We walked into a record store attached to a pawn shop. The people in line were buying a "record setup" and a few records. A nice business that was really busy due to an adjacent farmers market. Among the commotion I noticed all their "gear"...
  4. S

Sansui F 2436 questions

Alright, we have a good start here on the right channel :)
  5. S

Main Filter Caps Replacement for Sansui 9090DB??

Can you post a link for that ebay jobie? I'm sorry to keep bumping up this old thread. Regards
  6. S

I know for me seeing all those hookups scared me of a bit. This thread helped. Mine is the non DB variety 9090 and this is a good bump in uf. From what I've read the diodes and switch are the same as your 9090db and shouldn't expect too much strain on the mentioned components.
  7. S

Nice, just got my package with mine. I'm going to put them in tonight.
  8. S

How did those caps work out? I just ordered a set.
  9. S

Realistic STA 2000D questions

Here is mine playing.
  10. S

Sansui F 2436 questions

And what main caps would you suggest? A bit bigger would be nice.
  11. S

Sansui F 2436 questions

Hello, well I got lucky enough to find a 9090. It's in good shape, and I can't see any work that has been done to it, maybe it's been opened but nobody has done anything visible in it. Like most newbs I started with watching xraytony work his magic. Dude knows what he is doing yet can...
  12. S

Good point on the manual. I guess I was assuming that the boards I was going to work with were the same as the sta2000. Here is the manual I was looking through. Can anyone confirm if the output boards are the same in both amps...
  13. S

Hello again! I've been wanting to learn how to repair receivers and have tried with help on here before. At first I got the Sansui 5700 that had shorted itself out, and the consensus was that those output boards are better left to experts to deal with, so I sold it. I then got a cheap...
  14. S

Pioneer SA 5500 II one of the transistors was cut out-repair help

Ok I ordered the LM3886 chips (2). What else should I check prior to just putting it in? It played just fine and sounded great like the left channel and then.....
  15. S

Oh man. Well, there was some triumph! I put it in last night, it was pretty straight forward. Hooked up my DBT and it was very dim. I felt confident. Hooked up my klipsh speakers and wow! It sounded amazing. I fixed it. Thrilled..I hooked it up in my main rig in the living room. At this...
  16. S

Got the chip on Saturday. I will put it in tonight. Should I build a dim bulb device. will that help in case something is wrong?
  17. S

Well your post got me to read up on Ceanl cessa cea type capacitors. All new stuff to me but pretty self explanatory when you read the right thread. When you say signal path, how do I know exactly what that path is? My intuition would tell me to look at where the speaker plugs in, then trace...
  18. S

Ok, sorry rcs, and thanks for your help, but I went for the simple solution here and ordered the exact chip from what East Point posted. I contacted the guy and his response was that he had no reason to believe it wasn't OEM, he got it from a lot he bought of old audio stuff. And that he would...
  19. S

I saw that one, and I would guess that there are a few of these out there that really are OEM. But like you said, how do I know? Would you do it? Thanks!
  20. S

I'll check him out. Here is what I'm dealing with. I was going to order that LM3886 for both sides, and then the big capacitors which are 35v4700uf. Any suggestion on decent caps?
  21. S

Ok, I'll get them ordered up and dive in, I'll report back. You don't think I should order anything else at this time?
  22. S

I have a weller soldering iron that will work well with a bunch of different tips, and a good DMM with good leads. Fundamental electronics knowledge is a broad term that I'm sure frustrates many of the veterans on this board. Can I open up the datasheet for the Ti chip and see all the things...
  23. S

could I mount it, and use good copper wire to get to the board? I'm new to this, but not to soldering small stuff. I feel confident in drilling the heat sink and mounting the new chips. But what do you mean by a PCB? Is there another thread explaining something similar?
  24. S

Thanks for the reply. Are you implying that I could get lucky and only replace that chip? That would be cool. And when you say get creative with the mounting, are you saying because that TI chip has an offset on the leg? Spacing? or are the pins out of order? Would you recommend replacing...
  25. S

Hi guys, I have a SA5500 with one of the Pioneer PA3002 completely cut out. The right channel. To be honest the left channel sounds so good that I didn't care what was up with the right one, I had to have the unit. It was rough when I bought it, but I've cleaned it up cosmetically with some...
Back
Top Bottom