Search results

1. A

Marantz SR 1100 antenna?

Ok, cool. Well, if they can't drive the Infinity's well enough, I can backup to the Domus Finches for a bit.
  2. A

Marantz SR 1100 antenna?

Double jointed non rotating antenna on rear of SR 1100. Can't find its specs, or other examples? Also, is the SR 1100 powerful enough to drive Infinity StudioMonitor 100 speakers?
  3. A

Domus Finch Original Box and Labels ( and yes, speakers)

Hey guys, long time no see. I just managed to grab my second set of Domus Finch speakers, this time with a very nice extra! Original boxes, with labels! Yes, the serials are matching on the speakers to the boxes! Boxes have a label on front and back. And are listed as "last run". One of the...
  4. A

Questions About Domus Finch Bookshelf Speakers

Necro'ing this post to chime in that im jealous of the $4 price tag he got for these.
  5. A

Replacing old spring terminals with posts - parts question.

That seems like it is a solid work-around. Thanks!
  6. A

2" cutout, sadly. looks like physical size of posts is the limiting factor to how small they can be. I might just have to get those weird thin-pole plugs that fit spring terminals. Or just keep using bare wire....
  7. A

Damn, I do not own the a drill press or hole cutting bits.....
  8. A

Hey, Trying to replace the old spring clip terminals on my Domus Finches, and I'm having trouble determining the correct part to buy. OD Square size 2.13" Internal circular dimension of cup: 1.55" Cabinet hole: 1.75" spade clips connecting speaker drivers to terminals . I can't seem to...
  9. A

Hen's Teeth: Domus Finch (x2!)

I'll try to get some better exterior pictures later on this evening, when I can control the lighting a bit more.
  10. A

Those are ok looking, also pricey. I won't be upgrading the tweeter unless they break. They seem to be doing just fine. I removed both speakers, and took a peak inside. It's solid walnut, THICK walnut on the face. Tweeter has some information on it, mid has almost nothing and googling it didn't...
  11. A

Yes, I will be doing that. Cleaning them is probably not worth it, considering the rust might be pretty deep. And replacing them shouldn't be to hard.
  12. A

Hopefully not. I've never performed any speaker surgery before, so if I'm missing something.... But I should be able to just detach the existing terminals, put on new spade clips, and put in the new posts? All the way to the drivers?
  13. A

Part of the plan ( by replacing them with 5-way posts.) IMGUR is one of the largest (if not the largest,) image hosting websites in the world. But I will upload images to ak.
  14. A

As far as I can tell, it is not a veneer, but solid pieces of walnut. I have a slightly defective 3rd Finch, and unscrewed the terminal cap, and its solid on the back panel. The other panels appear to be solid as well. https://imgur.com/gallery/xcw9Dnq apologies for image quality, my S7's...
  15. A

Literally can't go wrong with solid Walnut. From tabletops, to speakers, cutting boards, and more. If they had a veneer like the Domus Omni (which are still amazingly well built,) I probably wouldn't have dedicated so much effort into finding them. But solid walnut. Gottttttttaaaa have em
  16. A

Hunted for a few years, a kind redditor sold me his pair. Did vintage speakers have this speed and clarity? Powered by SMSL SA50 Plus and Chrome Audiocast
  17. A

Temporary set up location, Laptop->E10K->Denon AVR-5600 (powarraaaa) +2x Domus Omni

The Domus Omni is an incredibly warm speaker. Those 12" woofers in the bottom are kinda ridiculous. They demand an incredible amount of power - supplied by a Denon AVR-5600 which can output ~140w at 8ohm, across five discrete channels. Each. 700 watts of warmth, basically. Normally, it would...
  18. A

Best over-ear headphones under $100?

Gibson, Philips' mfr for its good-er headphones, closed its doors. Supply down, demand still high The mfr liscense was recently transfered to another company, but that company has its hands full with one of the other big name audio companies, dont remember which ottomh.
  19. A

No longer readily available under $100 except via aliexpress
  20. A

Sivga SV005, SV007 Sennheiser HD280, HD559, HD201, HD202, HD206 Audio-Technica AD500X, AD700X, M40X Audio-Technica M40X Takstar Pro80, Pro82 Sony MDR-7506 Emu Purpleheart Koss PortaPro Superlux 681, 668, 681-Evo Samson SR950, SR850 AKG K92, K240, K220, K72 Grado SR80e Tascam...
  21. A

Found a wonderful little relic of the past, dad's garage - a Domus!

half of one, at least. lol Maybe I can use it as a center channel somewhere down the road if I never find its twin. pics?
  22. A

it got moved. My parents house (were I've lived for 2 decades+) is less than two miles away from the old factory location.
  23. A

While searching for the rotozip in my dad's garage I noticed a speaker on the back of a low shelf, at first I really didn't think anything of it - my dad usually brought bargain basement stuff. But something about the barely visible logo caught my attention, so I pulled it out and uh. Kinda...
Back
Top Bottom