Search results

1. JamesBond007

20 to 20,000hz with type I . . . what decks . . .

How do know this and are that sure they don't.
  2. JamesBond007

Yes You would need very deep pockets and your first-born son to afford one when new and, in the stratosphere, today. The closest I got was my KD-5070 which I understood was made because of the technology of the L-07D very happy with mine. That Sansui G33000 Receiver was selling for 16K but no...
  3. JamesBond007

Ya point well taken, but it's good for the young whipper snappers out there who can hear that well and as a reference of the decks mentioned.
  4. JamesBond007

I agree I let no one steal my thunder I love my tapes (records too) My first deck was the Akia 1720W got that in the early 70s along with my 2nd component system 1st one I got at 14. Like you I have over 300 NOS Maxell tapes and plenty of reels Have a RT 707 and self-restored RT 909 that was...
  5. JamesBond007

I do agree that the azimuth is not auto set in my reply I was considering the auto bias adjustment, level and equalization (Super Auto BLE XD) But as to Fidelity I disagree I will put it in comparison to any deck and it has been refired to as the "Dragon Killer" by some even to the point of...
  6. JamesBond007

Just out of curiosity I have the Duel well Pioneer Elite CT-07D and its sound is superb, It documents a Frequency response of 20-20Khz It has auto azimuth and bias it also sounds even better than my SACDs and compares fairly well or better to my RT 909 and 707s an opinion? Don't worry I might...
  7. JamesBond007

Anyone else use a Lenco Lamp?

Your fine It was I that confused things have a most pleasant day!
  8. JamesBond007

Just got a bit confused in the postings thats all
  9. JamesBond007

Sorry I was referring to USA.Man post about the ten-watt bulb not yours but it's good that you posted the LED version once more and your caution. I also posted a link to a screw-in reducer E14 to E12 Candelabra base for those who have the UK version and the US version as I and want the...
  10. JamesBond007

It certainly does but we like our Lenco Lamps
  11. JamesBond007

I would be cautious 10 watts is 3 watts higher that what was rated it gets hot! I would use a lower rater bulb like the ones I use 6 watts or get a LED I would, but I have 4 bulbs as a backup, I have responded to this thread elsewhere and included pictures and links, I own 2 Linco Lamps and...
  12. JamesBond007

Sorry for the repeated pictures, but these are the bulbs I obtained years ago and best to my knowledge still are. I will eventually replace with Leds but it will be a while, The adapter the E14 to E12 candelabra base is located online here is just one link: Satco 92-401 French To Candelabra E14...
  13. JamesBond007

Best Dual Well Cassette Decks of All Time?

How about the Pioneer Elite CT-07D? A double recording and playback Deck with auto reverse on both with many features like Flex, BLE ALCA Dolby NR Mike and Headphone Jacks Digital input ETC.
  14. JamesBond007

Ok after some effort I have a solution to the Lencolamp bulb issue. I have two of these lamps one is 110-120 volt usa version, the other is the 220-240 volt European version. Both work just fine. they both use the s6 or candelabra base 6w bulb 130v. on the European there is a socket adaptor...
  15. JamesBond007

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

need 3 (Vol. 2-3-7) to complete mine Have all 7 saved to a thumb drive and burned a set for my mom and put said same on a reel for s- - - t and giggles, then on to the goodyear set.
  16. JamesBond007

Did you ever consider moving?;) just having fun but one day your going to walk in there like me and find something that will make your jaw just hit the floor j-look at my avatar
  17. JamesBond007

Its nice to see some of the albums I own are nicely "inflated" but if someone is willing to pay well how's it go "a Fool and his /her money are soon parted"
  18. JamesBond007

I have to agree I also suspect the same for that "other" site
  19. JamesBond007

My latest find is Sta- 20 modest little receiver bout 7-8 wpc dial pointer changes color to red when detecting a stereo broadcast. Found the exact same audio cabinet I own for ten bucks the same I paid for the STA-20. Passed on a pair of Mach ones woofers intact (I don't need any more speakers...
  20. JamesBond007

MONSTER receiver collector's club

My First Component Stereo was a Modular From Radio Shack back in 68 took me a year to get(was 14 goin on 16) The when I was in my early 20s I sold it for what I paid for it to get a STA 120B I still have the Nova 7b Speakers I bought for it, in fact they are connected to the 950. The Shack I...
  21. JamesBond007

Sweet ! !,ok I can't join for many factors 1. I have only one receiver thats over 120wpc (VSX-94TXH) its 140wpc- but its 8 years old and not a vintage "Monster". 2. My Pioneer SX-950 fits the "Monster" and vintage but its 85wpc 3. Well the most important the "fun" Police will have a hissy fit...
  22. JamesBond007

I think we who grew up with this gear and even able to get them are very fortunate indeed. I can say that we all kinda wish they build them once more too. That Wintec and Toshiba looks great!
  23. JamesBond007

W1jim- the image is missing
  24. JamesBond007

I am shocked, Shocked that you don't have the STA 2100 on the list it meets all the requirements :yikes:
Back
Top Bottom