Search results

1. Love Vintage

Marantz Capacitor Identification?

These silver caps have Marantz house numbers on them like some of their early transistors, I have not seen that before. Has anyone else seen these or know what type they might be? They are in a Marantz 3800 I am working on. Terry
  2. Love Vintage

Marantz 2110/2130 Scope Pot

I have a 2110 that is missing the horizontal adjustment pot, it is 10k but small, I have been unable to locate a new replacement for it. Has anyone been able to locate this size of pot from a supplier? The shaft is 5mm in diameter and about 20mm long from the threads, here is a picture of its...
  3. Love Vintage

Distortion analyzer Recommendation

I have repaired 20 to 25 different Marantz models in the last 5 years or so and I am curious about testing the quality of the repair, what Distoration analyzer do you guys use to test after repairs? I know I would need a low Distoration signal Generator as well. I am open to any recommended...
  4. Love Vintage

Marantz Model 500 Parts List & Pictures

I am going to start this thread to add all the notes I have made on the 3 Marantz 500’s I have been working on the last 5 years. Hopefully it will be helpful for folks down the road. I know when I started on my first 500 there was not much information at all to follow, but through trial and...
  5. Love Vintage

Marantz Yellow Film, Wet Tantalum, Silver Mica?

After working on a number of my Marantz projects I am curious about replacing the above mentioned caps. I have read that the yellow film caps last forever / don’t last, tantalum short when they fail and take other components with them, plus are not good in the audio path, silver micas last...
  6. Love Vintage

Marantz 500 bias / DC offset problem

I got this Marantz 500 a few years ago and have been slowing working on it since last year. So far I have redone the output boards and replaced the output transistors, rebuilt the relay board and replaced the relays with the NOS ones I had acquired some time ago, last week I completed one of...
  7. Love Vintage

MZ2361 & SZ51066K Replacements

Hi All I asked this question a couple of times in the Marantz form, with no reply’s. I am working on my Marantz 500, and the heatsinks has one of each of these stabilizing diodes in series mounted on it, where the leads are soldered to the terminal strip it was badly corroded and one end of...
  8. Love Vintage

Marantz 500 NOS Faceplate & Door Received Today!!!!!!

FedEx just delivered this package and I am excited to get it, a new old stock Marantz Model 500 Faceplate and the little front door. The door is a little less gold than the faceplate, but I am very happy with them. He also included 3 NOS owners manuals, a Marantz 500 service manual and a copy...
  9. Love Vintage

Best Resistors To Order?

I have been using various brands and types of resistors and would like to start buying extras when I place orders. In reading through Audiokarma and have noticed members using Vishay resistors, are series CCF50, CCF60, & CCF07 the ones I should be looking at to start a small inventory? Or are...
  10. Love Vintage

Marantz 500 repair/ rebuild Help!!!

I have a Marantz 500 amp that I have had for a couple of years and decided to look at it. I plugged it into a dim bulb tester and it glows bright, so I hooked it up my variac and slowly raised the voltage, when I get to about 100v 4 resistors started smoking so I shut it off. The resistors are...
  11. Love Vintage

Marantz Tuner Scope Tube NOS

I purchased a NOS Hatichi 50BT31 scope tube replacement a while back and I finally looked at it and it is different from the stock tube, it’s longer and has 11 larger pins than the stock tubes 14 pins. Maybe you could help me figure out what this tube is for? It says a replacement for 50BT31...
  12. Love Vintage

300DC J-Fet Confusion (mine)

I have a 300DC that one of the 2SK109’s legs corroded off, so had a difficult time finding a replacement. The manual says use C or D, in the process of finding one I came across K109-86C, K109-78C, K109A-11D these 3 worked fine but the others I found UPA68H, UPA68HA and individual 2SK170’s...
  13. Love Vintage

Marantz 3300 Volume Control Repair

i have a 3300 that fell out of a pickup and was run over, needless to say it is scratched up a bit. My question though is about repairing the hard to find volume control. The shaft was ripped out and the threaded mounting collar has the end is broken off. Can I use another complete front off...
  14. Love Vintage

SDT-100 1k Thermistor Replacement?

I am working on a Marantz 300DC and need to find a substitute for the SDT-100 1k Thermistor. I don’t know much about thermistors and don’t know how to find a sub, any help would be greatly appreciated. Terry
  15. Love Vintage

Marantz 300DC - subs for DS133B & 1SR34-200

I have found posts for subs for DS133B dual diode of 2-1N4007 or 2-UF4005 is this correct and if so which one would be a better sub? Also I have been unable to find a sub for the 1SR34-200 diode, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Terry
  16. Love Vintage

Marantz 300DC - DC Offset Problem

Hi All, I have two 300dc's that I have been working on, the first one worked but the left channel heat sink became so hot you could cook an egg on it. Most of the electrolytic capacitors had very shrunken sleeves also. I removed the differential pair and one of them was bad, I replaced them both...
  17. Love Vintage

Marantz 250M Help!!!!!

I have rebuilt 3 of these and am having trouble with the 4th, I am using the same substitutes as with the others but this one has stumped me. It is the AW115-1071 board power amp board, I am getting over -57 volts on the terminal 19 output which is turning off the protection circuit. I have...
Back
Top Bottom