Search results

1. Andyrlb

Duson PA100 Gorgeous or Ugly?

I finally got my hands on this Beauty ( my opinion ) Class A to 24w then 95w Sounds lovely and near mint condition as it was in a holiday home that was rarely visited.
  2. Andyrlb

My recently acquired Croft phono integrated

This little hand made hybrid sounds lovely.
  3. Andyrlb

Something a little different

Picked these up today along with their hernia inducing purpose built stands .
  4. Andyrlb

Yamaha CT-1010 power/OTS station/bulbs

Hi guys , just acquired a CT-1010 to go with my CA-2010, I need to replace the little red stereo indicator bulb/led , I’m confident that I am receiving stereo and as it never lights up I reckon it’s blown , I know about the really helpful guy on here who supplies the vu meter bulbs etc (...
  5. Andyrlb

Acoustic research AR-4xa wonderful but unwanted

This is not a sales thread . I have these wonderful sounding speakers, they have good reviews too , and they’re pretty rare ( here in the uk at least) And yet I can’t sell them for £150 ! What is wrong with the world
  6. Andyrlb

CA-2010 I’ve spotted some differences

So today I stripped down my ca2010 in preparation for a recap , when browsing the web I noticed that mine and most others don’t have the additional ( transistors ? ) that some others have ! The first photo is of my amp , look at the heat sinks and how there are no wires going into them , then...
  7. Andyrlb

Sony TA-5650 Vfet amp & tuner

I was told how valve like these Sony amps were and that description is spot on .
  8. Andyrlb

Yamaha CT-7000 new coat

As the corners had some dings and a 2 inch chunk missing at the front ( this really bugged me ) I decided to use up some left over American black walnut veneer to give the tuner a new coat ….
  9. Andyrlb

CT-7000 new coat

As the casing had a few dings on the corners and a 2 inch chunk missing on the front I decided I’d apply new veneer this morning as I’m off sick with a bad back ( it doesn’t hurt when I’m standing) it took me around 4 hours in total ( I already had the veneer from a previous job )
  10. Andyrlb

Roksan Ojan 3

A nice local find this morning. To my surprise they sound pretty good too.
  11. Andyrlb

DIY monoblocks ( uk )

I just love these unique matched pair of monoblocks that I found some months ago , they sound very good and I think the build is quite good too . Sad to say that I now have too much hifi so these may soon be finding a new home . I thought I’d share them on here . 1980’s/90’s build. I personally...
  12. Andyrlb

Yamaha CT-7000 naked

Just beautiful engineering
  13. Andyrlb

Yamaha CA-2010 & CT-7000

Bought these two yesterday. I have a few questions about them , are there any members that will be happy to offer their guidance with restoring these ?
  14. Andyrlb

Alchemist kraken pre and power

Love this pair . You either love the design or you hate it , me I love it , and it sounds great through my Tannoys.
  15. Andyrlb

LEAK TL12.1 mono valve power amp & pre

My latest find is this apparently rather special Leak point one TL12.1 mono valve power amp and matching Rc/Pa remote control preamp. Untested and not used since 1979 . Totally original too and with all required cables .
  16. Andyrlb

Revox A720 and A722 ( x2 ) pre & powers + pmc’s

Incredible vintage Swiss engineering at its best hooked up to my pmc fb1’s .
  17. Andyrlb

Revox A720 and A722 (x2)

This must surely qualify?
  18. Andyrlb

JBL aquarius iv type s109

Thought I’d share this mornings impulse purchase. I’ve had the drivers out ( nice ) ordered new foam rings and then discovered that they’re not a matched pair Any thoughts ? Oh and they do work , woofers show 6.2ohms. Are they worth restoring? I was planning a piano white finish until I noticed...
  19. Andyrlb

Marantz PM4 , owners manual please??

Hi , Does anyone have a copy of the pm4 owners manual please ?
  20. Andyrlb

Canon S-70 speakers

Yes they're made by Canon as in canon cameras etc . These are as rare as rocking horse shit and in this condition! Impossible to find . Keepers I think . Now do I sell the Kef reference 105/4's ?
  21. Andyrlb

CANON S-70 loudspeakers

These are so rare these days especially in such good condition.
  22. Andyrlb

TEAC Ai-3000

Before this amp I was strictly a vintage British amp owner trouble was that none of them had it all ... this beast has it in spades.
  23. Andyrlb

My ( current) system

Kef reference 104/2 by Andyrlb posted Apr 6, 2017 at 8:47 PMTeac distinction Ai-3000 amp , beresford caimen dac , arcam cd73 , Yamaha T520 tuner. Kef 105/4 Kef 104/2 Second system; Ion obelisk 3x and X-pak 1 Rega Ela speakers All linked to a basic pc . Kef reference 105/4 by Andyrlb posted...
  24. Andyrlb

Kef reference 105/4 vs Kef reference 104/2

Hi guys . For years I have been a more than happy owner of my 105/4's and they've seen off MANY comers including; Kef reference model 4's , Yamaha ns1000m's , spendor sp1's , Martin Logan aerius etc etc.And for the ( hopefully) final showdown come the Kef reference 104/2's in mint condition...
Back
Top Bottom