Search results

1. fingersmagoo

Audio Technica AT-LP120USB Super Mod Thread

Most of what you will put into it will be labor and the headshell and cartridge. That can move from table to table if you choose the correct tables. sl-1200, not sure of yours. It is a ridiculous hobby but welcome aboard, and yes, once done you marry the table. You just won't get your money back...
  2. fingersmagoo

ehoove's Current Rigs - updated 3-2-24

Jim, Quite a setup. Just a dream for a guy like me. But even though one mans ceiling is another mans floor I dream of always bettering my equipment. Congrats on putting an awesome system together.
  3. fingersmagoo

Looking for a quality, modern Turntable. Thought?

Well spoken my brother. The Doc will enjoy the table he bought. He will probably climb the ladder but you have to put your foot on the first rung first. How do you like those Tektons? Been thinking of buying speakers. Glenn
  4. fingersmagoo

Congrats my brother. Set it up, kick back and enjoy the real world of vinyl. ENJOY Glenn
  5. fingersmagoo

Twiii, I was giving advice to another fellow on the thread. I do agree with you but he has only...

Twiii, I was giving advice to another fellow on the thread. I do agree with you but he has only 300 to spend, not going to get a 1200 for that
  6. fingersmagoo

Yes my brother. Then you want new and I personally then would stay away from the at-lp120's. You got some good advice earlier. One other is the pro-ject for 299
  7. fingersmagoo

One other thought is I have an Audio Technica at-lp120 that I have up for sale locally here in Pgh. It has some marks on the plinth, some marks on the lid, I got it that way, a repair on the side of the lid, but functions good. I know these aren't the best tables but can be modified for not alot...
  8. fingersmagoo

I kept an eye on cl for a few months and a technics sl-1600 poped up friday, my birthday too, and I instantly texted the guy and he said someone was coming to see it Sat. morn. I was bummed. I said I could be there by 10 if guy changed his mind. I guess the guy did. He called me and offered me...
  9. fingersmagoo

E-mail sent
  10. fingersmagoo

Pioneer pl-400 tell me about it, please.

I haven't pulled the trigger yet but if memory serves me correctly it was an excellent sounding cartridge so if I do I will post photos. Glenn
  11. fingersmagoo

What TT's do you folks have

Audio Technica AT-lp120 modified, and waiting on the fed-ex truck to deliver an Avid Ingenium with a Pro-ject tonearm and an Orothon 2m Bronze Cart. Can't wait to hook it up and see how the other half lives!
  12. fingersmagoo

Pioneer pl-400 tell me about it, please.

I just got an e-mail from turntable Needles .com as I have been waiting for a needle for my very old from the 70's cartridge. I still have my original stylus but it has some wear on it, playable but doesn't sound as good as it should. These are made for 4 channel sound. I actually didn't know...
  13. fingersmagoo

How do your two turntables compare? I am interested noise wise. Can you hear the motor running in quiet passages on the 1200 like you can on the at lp120 or is it dead quiet? Also have you modified either table and if you did, in particular the 1200, did it make a substantial difference?
  14. fingersmagoo

Watched your video. LOL. All so true. But most of the stuff you bought would go on your next table. I stayed budget but invested in a good cambridge like you. It will go with my next table nicely as will my table weight. I can always sell my mat, 1/4 inch technics so no problem there. So can I...
  15. fingersmagoo

Yeah, not the greatest turntable but with all modificatios mentioned it is doeable. Mine sounds ok. Anti-skate actually works now. Just bought Johnny Winters record with one blank side . Amazon gave me a 20 dollar credit for amazon music and I have taken advantage of. Great deal for 76 bucks. I...
  16. fingersmagoo

I thought I read you adjusted the bearings in the tone arm, can I ask you if you remember, how you did it? Thanks in advance Glenn
  17. fingersmagoo

And the next thing I knew I didn't know nothing.

And the next thing I knew I didn't know nothing.
  18. fingersmagoo

Vincei Thanks so much for posting this. I did everything you did, followed you through your journey. All the way to the female jacks. I needed 8 hockey pucks, I have a Cambridge cp-2, needed just a bit more height. I just can't believe the difference in this table now. I also took mine just one...
  19. fingersmagoo

That was one of the best mods, and cheap you can do. I am the guy from you tube that turned you on to this link. I have my arm off my table and am ready to fix the anti-skate today. I will update you here on results. If I have to change the spring, I will have to dremel some of the plastic away...
  20. fingersmagoo

Hi, new member from the Pittsburgh Pa. area

No I haven't but plan to as soon as I get this vinyl thing going. Thanks
  21. fingersmagoo

Thanks for the heads up Gary
  22. fingersmagoo

I'm Glenn, new here. I've hit this forum so many times reading and getting information I finally figured I would join. Great place for information btw. I have a few old pieces of hi-fi stuff from the 70's and some new stuff. My amp is a Sony TA-1130 along with a Sansui analog tuner. My speakers...
Back
Top Bottom