Search results

1. mxthunder

advise on replacement 3.5" driver

I am looking to replace the midrange drivers on my RTR towers. Have a few questions/need recommendations. 1. Is there a reason the back of the driver is sealed? Is this to prevent pressure from interfering with it since the 8" and 10" woofers operate in a sealed enclosure? 2. I am thinking this...
  2. mxthunder

question on rebuilding crossovers for RTR tower speakers

Recently, the two tweeters and the mid all failed simultaneously on one of my RTR 240D's. I am assuming it is a component in the crossover that has failed, not the speakers themselves. Testing each component with multi meter yielded inconclusive results. Looks like some type of capacitor in line...
  3. mxthunder

RTR 240D's

Purchased a set of these the other day, wondered if anyone has any information on them. They sound pretty amazing. Funny how close they sound to the 300D's. Anyone know how many watts they are rated at? I assume they are 4ohm like most other RTR's From the pictures, do the woofers look re...
  4. mxthunder

debating on new speakers to pair with SX-980

I have a set of Pioneer SP-FS52's right now in my living room. I love them to death, but they are very inefficient and dont go quite as loud as I want. Looking for more bass and volume. I love the way my fisher STV 724's shake the house. I was thinking the RTR EV-15's might do the trick, giving...
  5. mxthunder

SX-980 dilemma

Recently purchased what was supposed to be a "good" condition 980. All guages, lights, etc worked according to the ad. It was not packaged well and suffered some damage during shipping. The front glass was broken, and now only 2 of the function lights work, and the signal strength meter does not...
Back
Top Bottom