Search results

1. Y

JVC VR-5511

2. Y

Simple AU-505 hack for better top end.

Hey Tom, Thanks again for your thoughts. I checked the L/H and R/H fuses and these have now shuffled off to the great fuse graveyard. I did use my DBT on each power up and there was nothing to indicate a short. When I heard the popping and found the heatsinks to be very hot I turned off the...
  3. Y

Hi again, Will definitely look to implement this tweak when the amp is up and running and may try it on the AU555 in the meantime. I am very impressed with the recapped and modded AU555 and for a short while the AU505 sounded equally impressive so hopping to get this back up and running as it...
  4. Y

Thanks for this Tom, I had a break this weekend but will be back on it this week. I did do your and Leestereos mods to a partially restored AU555. And it sounds great. I wanted to see if the problem was something to do with my work - their both having the same Power board. With the 505 I...
  5. Y

Hi Tom, I used both your mod and followed Leestereo 555a resoration thread - very helpful and a great post. There were some earlier posts regarding recapping the Au505, also very useful. I reworked each board then listened and heard distinct improvement at each stage and did yours and...
  6. Y

Hi Stereofun, Thanks for this post, as a happy coincidence I am in the middle of recapping my Au505, I will be trying this mod out. By a stroke of luck I happen to have a couple of 47uf 50WV Nichicon Muse BiPolars leftover from recapping the Sansui 999. Any other tips you have with this with...
  7. Y

Rubber surround source

Thanks for that, they are old Kef bass radiators and oval shaped quite large 28cm x19cm, couldn't find anything from Midwest speaker repair but cassette has found a supplier in europe that may have something, Thanks again.
  8. Y

Rubber surround source

Hi, I am I. A similar situation but with oval drivers - Kef B139’s and have perished surrounds, have you had any luck in sourcing anything? Cheers,
  9. Y

Bang and Olafsen 5702 ABR surround perished

Hello all, I was lucky enough to be gifted a pair of B&O 5702 speakers. They are in great condition and sound very impressive. I did though hear some buzzing and removed the grills from both and saw the woofer’s dust caps had deteriorated along with the surrounds to the oval Bass Radiator Panels...
  10. Y

Sansui AU-777A vs all contenders

A real beauty Smufer- one day I hope to do the right thing by my untouched Au777. Did you just recap and service or did you go down the modification route? I just bought a Sansui 555a from an Aker- he told me he just recapped and I have to say it sounds marvellous.
  11. Y

AU999 Pre-amp mod.

Sorry, I may not have explained that well Kev, I imagined the 1 meg resistor is an important part of the mod, it's just do I keep the 47pf capacitor between the collector and base as well as the resistor (in parallel or series?) or do I remove it and replace with the resistor? Thanks, Adrian
  12. Y

AU999 Pre-amp mod.

Hi Kev, Just looking into carrying out the mod above - all looks pretty simple but i have noticed that the reverse of the F1209 boards on my Sansui there is a 47pf capacitor between the collector and base of TR705 - I haven't seen mention of it previously? I could fit the 1 meg resistor as per...
  13. Y

Au-999 and tu-999

Hi Tom, could I pick your brain please. Here's a photo of the underside of my Au999, It has the sub-sonic filter boards which i'm looking to bypass ( oddly one is wired with grey wires as shown, the other is wired with blue wires). If I am understanding the directions posted by a couple of...
  14. Y

Sansui AU-999 dead right channel

Thanks Kevzep, Slimecity and Hyperion. That's a great help. I had a suspicion that the problem may be a bit more of an issue when the previously Intact Fuse F1 blew. I was hoping that it might be something I could fix and when I replaced F3 initially it did sound fine (for the rest of the day)...
  15. Y

Sansui AU-999 dead right channel

Sorry, I know this thread goes back a bit but i do seem to have the same symptoms as you have. I acquired a very clean Au999 which had no sound from the left channel I noticed there was a blown internal fuse (F3) replaced this and had sound from both again for about a day then heard some...
  16. Y

I'd also like to throw my hat into this one as I also have a 3000A which hopefully will get the restoration treatment, perhaps by someone more competent than myself though.
  17. Y

Ha,Ha, well I guess you can't please all the people. The Au 70 is that a Valve design? Never had the opportunity and in the UK - even more scarce than the early solid state designs. I have heard said that their valve designs are not up to the solid state ones. This may or may not be the case of...
  18. Y

Thanks for the welcome Smurfer77 and Sterofun, The forum does seem friendly and informative served up with a pinch of good humour. My impressions of the Sansui 3000A and the 5000A are probably not as well informed as they could be given they are both originall. So differences in performance...
  19. Y

Hello 'Sansuians', Well I've been a voyeur for long enough so I had best bite the bullet and become a bit more of a participant this post looks a good place to drop a line. AK is a great site and source of knowledge and experience in general but the 'Exclusively Sansui' one is especially dear...
Back
Top Bottom