Search results

1. S

Wood cabinet on my HF-12

Hello, I recently acquired an HF-12 with a wood cabinet. The only one's I've seen have the metal cabinet. Looking at the cabinet, it looks like a factory cabinet, it does not look custom made. Any guess what I have here?
  2. S

Need opinion on choice of power amp.

Thanks for the replies. I really didn't think about an impedance mismatch especially since I only paid $20 for the P2200. I have the Angstroms hooked up to my TA-800. Pure heaven, at least to my ears. It sounds like the Yamaha is the clear winner here. I thought I'd ask the experts her who have...
  3. S

Need opinion on choice of power amp.

Hello, Thanks for looking ar my post. I have two power amps in my possession. A McIntosh MC2100 and a Yamaha P2200. Both in the process of being restored. I am looking to hook up a Fisher Tuner Preamp to one of these two. I will be driving Angstrom Reflexion speakers. Which one would you...
  4. S

Preamp in Fisher TA-800

Experts, Thanks for taking a look at my post. My TA-800 sounds fabulous. I was wondering if the preamp in my receiver is similar in design to the 400C or the 500B. I do know there are some design differences in the TA over the 500B but don't know if it's in the preamp. Sam
  5. S

PEC used in Fisher 80-T

Made the new board. Sounds much better. Thank you!
  6. S

PEC used in Fisher 80-T

Hello, I have a Fisher 80-T that I’m trying to bring back to life. I’ve heard such great things but mine sounds terrible. I tried using the aux input to feed my Macintosh amp but the preamp sounds terrible too. Bass muddy then booms with bass/loudness up all the way. Not much high end either. I...
  7. S

Capacitor replacement Sansui 5500

Hello, I have a Sansui 5500 and want to recap it. I got a copy of the service manual and there are ALOT of caps used in this thing. I think that replacing the caps in the equalizer block, tone block, driver block and power block. I think that I need to leave the tuner blocks alone. Open to any...
  8. S

Triangle Acoustics Sub Horizon power transformer

Thanks for the reply. Looked everywhere and as a last resort I'll contact the manufacturer in France. A schematic would be great. I think this is a very expensive subwoofer and would like to keep it.
  9. S

Triangle Acoustics Sub Horizon power transformer

I was given one of these but the power transformer is open. Would anyone have any information about the transformer. Thanks, Sam
  10. S

Solid state FM MPX adapter kit.

Looking to buy one to use with my Fisher TA-800. The naked board is about $35 dollars and includes the LM4500 chip. An assembled board is about $135. Anyone use one of these and how did you like it. Thanks. Sam
  11. S

Tube grading?

Hello, I am looking to buy some driver tubes for my Fisher TA-800. Some tubes are described as "good for drivers only" or "phono grade". I'm buying Amperex Bugle Boy tubes that were made in Harleen Holland because of their reputation but the description varies from seller to seller. Looking...
  12. S

What do I have here? Any guesses?

Looks like a 15" Magnavox field coil speaker. I'm basing this on how the speaker cage is made and comparing it to similar speakers on ebay. Thank you everyone.
  13. S

Just pulled the speaker. Only one marking on the cone itself. 251-4. I'll let everyone know anything new in a few days. Thanks for everyones help.
  14. S

I'll pull the 15" speaker and check for codes. It does look like a home brew amp. Perhaps the other speaker was an add on. I did an internet check and saw that Scott 80B consoles used 15" field coil speakers and maybe old jukeboxes. Since the professor bought and hoarded it, I thought it might...
  15. S

Hello, I picked this up from the estate of a Penn State electrical engineering professor. It has 6L6G push-pull output tubes, a 5U4 rectifier and 6SN7 driver. Stancore C-1411 filter choke and P-6014 transformer. It also has a massive 15", 9000 Ohm field coil speaker (7000 ohm tap) and what...
  16. AMP-2

AMP-2

17. AMP-3

AMP-3

18. AMP-4

AMP-4

19. AMP-1

AMP-1

20. S

Control part numbers and resistance values Pilot 240.

Hello, I have some base/treble/volume controls laying around from a Pilot receiver that I plan to sell on Bartertown. I think they may be the same values as those used in a Pilot 240 integrated amp but not 100% sure. Would someone happen to have this information to pass along to me. Thank...
  21. S

Buyer wants his money back?

If you both agree to a full refund, then request a delivery from him where you have to sign for the package when you receive it. Before you sign off, open the package and make sure it's the turntable you sold and not something else. If you don't inspect the package first to make sure it's what...
Back
Top Bottom