Search results

1. mahgister

What is it exactly about Sansui that causes such obsession and devotion...

The bad news is i will return the Microzotl2 after 1 hour listening trial tomorrow ... It is not bad amplifier but it cannot drive the hard to drive K340 i was listening sometimes at 3/4 turn of his total capacity... The mids was too lean and the soundstage was in my head... With the Sansui it...
  2. mahgister

Vintage gear that makes you say "Wow"...

The bad news is i will return the Microzotl2 after 1 hour listening trial tomorrow ... It is not bad amplifier but it cannot drive the hard to drive K340 i was listening sometimes at 3/4 turn of his total capacity... The mids was too lean and the soundstage was in my head... With the Sansui it...
  3. mahgister

Nothing Impact me in the vintage offerings, as my AKG K340... Not even my Sansui AU 7700 and the mighty Sansui alpha... The design of the K340 was never surpassed... It is the only headphone i bought and which i loved compared to my speakers/ dedicated acoustic room ...None of the 9 others ...
  4. mahgister

This 50 watts Sansui alpha is better than mine probably... :) I am completely satisfied by the Sansui alpha who drive the AKG K340 miraculous headphone perfectly... But so quiet is the Sansui the Microzotl will be more quiet... And it will add something qualitative to the K340 because it is...
  5. mahgister

Thanks for your opinion I feel this way too about my two Sansui... Especially the alpha... I drive my AKG K340 with the alpha... It is very good.... But these days i tought about trying the microzotld3 of David Berning... I think that not many amplifier can be an upgrade over the alpha...
  6. mahgister

Someone had experience in comparison between Sansui alpha 607 i and actual contemporary well design amplifier and how well the Sansui alpha fare against them ?
  7. mahgister

There is no relation between the sound of my beloved Sansui Au 7700 and the Sansui alpha 607i... I used the first with my speakers room... now i am only with headphone , and the AKG K340 needed more lower noise floor and a more refined sound... i love the two amplifiers for different reason...
  8. mahgister

What headphone amp are you using currently?

My headphone amplifier is a 100 watts Sansui alpha 607i.... My akg k340 are too hard to feed rightfully otherwise, and it is better to have an amplifier able to do two things instead of one only.... Speakers or/and headphone... The K340 are so good it is the best S.Q./price value on the market....
  9. mahgister

Show Me Your Sansui!

I own one and feel blessed.... I use it for my AKG K340 headphone.... No more speakers... The sound is neutral and musical...It best my Sansui AU-7700 over one notch above at least and sound less warm and more refined....
  10. mahgister

Show Me Your Sansui!

I am always in love with my Sansui AU 7700 after 5 years.... I create my own hi-fi heaven, taking care of the mechanical,electrical and acoustical embeddings of the audio system....The Sansui always all along sound better with each S.Q. increase in my controls embeddings continuous experiments...
  11. mahgister

Sound Dynamics Owners...Unite!!

Thanks i suspect you are right...It is probably a low cheap version of the best older speakers...
  12. mahgister

Ok i just stumble on a site that solve the mystery... it is very confusing...The 10-s is not the sds-10-s... http://www.audiocircuit.com/Home-Audio/Sound-Dynamics/SD-10-S They are not the famous 10s with 10 inches bass driver... Is there anyone who knows about their sound quality compared to...
  13. mahgister

I just bought 2 Sound dynamics sds 10 bookshelves speakers with 2 stands in mint condition... for 30 canadian dollars... The woofer is 8 inches,(instead of 10 inches) the sensivity is 90 db,(instead of 100 db) and the weight is 30 pounds, (instead of 46 pounds) they are written for 85 watts...
  14. mahgister

Starting Point Systems DAC3

The easy way is to read the magazine or thread audio hype and buying in the hope that our often already good gear will sound better with a costly upgrade,it was my way 7 years ago to no avail; just buying gear never buy me refinement and complete satisfaction even with TOTL product...And i...
  15. mahgister

You own me a laugh now ... My best to you...
  16. mahgister

My Mission Cyrus 781 speakers...My Akg K 340 headphone, marvellous rightly driven, finally my Sansui AU 7700...My only non vintage gear is my Starting point systems dac Nos...Upgrading is foolishness when you own that rightly implemented except for billionnaire...
  17. mahgister

By my owns methods, first treating the room, after that eliminating vibrations around the gear, and lastly using crystals, and stones of my own design(you can laugh i am used to it)... This dac will sound the same in any non cleaned house and audio system, it has sound the same in my non...
  18. mahgister

Trust me i speak by experience not by opinions... I listen to it before and after cleaning audio grid and electrical grid and by the way these two things are different...Mine was absolutely not flat but holographic and 3- d sound, and by the way i had DAC2, not even Dac 3 ,but the differences...
  19. mahgister

My experience with this dac is without reservation for the ratio quality/price... More than that the final resulting sound of this jewel is tightly relates to his implementation in an audio system and in your electrical house grid...With a clean line, i experience none of the limitations that...
  20. mahgister

What would be the 'best' Sansui amplifier for sound quality?

I must say that after buying and comparing Sansui AU-X701 in my system, Mission Cyrus 781 speakers, Beresford Bushmater dac, the Sansui AU-7700, perhaps a little less "audiophile analytical" was clearly the winner in a tube-like manner, almost on par with details, but more realistic naturally...
  21. mahgister

thanks very much....i cannot wait to listen to that ........
  22. mahgister

Sansui AU-607MRX, an upgrade over Sansui AU-X711?

thanks very much... I am happy to read that, i think that the character of this amplifier, compared to my AU-7700 would be better complement to my headphone... Best regards...
  23. mahgister

Sansui AU-607MRX, an upgrade over Sansui AU-X711?

i am new to alpha series... i already own a sansui AU-7700 i love very much.... I just bought this week a Au-X701 alpha, and i ask myself how is the headphone out? Certainly not inferior to the 7700 i think...Do you guys listen from headphone out?
  24. mahgister

Thanks for this thread to all of you....I own a Sansui AU-7700 and i am very happy... After reading this thread one year ago i stumble on many remarks of Bluesky and the 701 901 alpha, it grows in me, i begin to look for an alpha series...I bought one X701 for 280 dollars this week... I cannot...
  25. mahgister

Mission Cyrus 782

I have not listen to the 782... I just bought the 781 for peanuts, they replace the bookshelves mission volare v 60 that were pleasing to my ears... B ut the 781 are at another lever than the Volare ...Let me say that i put sorbothane and some stones tweaks on them and the results are...
Back
Top Bottom