Search results

1. J

Check out these beauties.

They're great when they are working but the caps are almost always bad, they used electrolytics, and there's a 50-50 chance you'll have woofer problems that you may or may not be able to resolve Those old oval cones don't age well Good working pairs with their grilles still intact bring good...
  2. J

My favorite local JBL seller

If "4-2-7" will post a photo of himself here, I can tell you, once and for all, if the ads are his or not
  3. J

Best of the Bigger Consumer "KA" Series Integrateds

Those are beautiful, I like the board layouts and easy accessibility too Thank you
  4. J

Fair Price - Opinions Wanted

You are either yanking my chain now, OR you just don't understand the question It's really a very simple question so I'm going to go with yanking Thanks for playing Joe
  5. J

Please get lost Thanks Joe
  6. J

I still don't understand what you're saying you'd go for one, if your number is a total of price + re-cap or just for the working example alone
  7. J

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Sure they will, they'll eat anything they can wrap up I grew up in black widow country too, some are more aggressive than others but they'll seldom bite a Human or other animal unless they're cornered, like when you brush up against them or get them in your clothes and the females are the only...
  8. J

How do you happen to know that?
  9. J

So you would consider accepting one with some scratches at $300 or not? Is that $300 total you'd be willing to go, factoring in new caps, or just for a good working rebuildable one to start from? Thank you Joe
  10. J

Nice little Craigslist pickup...

SANYO also has a bit of serious history associated with it's stereo equipment, at least one piece of it anyway A SANYO FMT-611K tuner was used to conceal the bomb that brought down Air India Flight 182 back in 1985 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_India_Flight_182...
  11. J

Nice little Craigslist pickup...

That era SANYO is very nice The stuff they built with the Fisher nameplate was outstanding as well I owned an RS-2015 Fisher which was built by SANYO, excellent Definitely flies under the radar and you don't see a lot of it Way under appreciated, I think you may have found a real winner in that...
  12. J

Sorry you had to intervene Thank you very much Joe
  13. J

As I have explained, he spams the internet sites with his "wanted to buy" ads, takes advantage of the unknowing and then smears everything with oil, glue and then flips Nearly every pair of JBLs I've ever seen him list were Frankenspeakers, which he ALWAYS touts as being the very best and...
  14. J

Based on your actual experience and first hand knowledge? What should I pay for a KENWOOD KA-8100, buying locally with no shipping involved OR, please share what you paid for yours, please don't quote me the auction site I have looked at auctions current past and the pricing and shipping is...
  15. J

Can an amateur refurb and update a KA-7100?

That's because they, the new WIMAs, are not a polarized cap
  16. J

Can an amateur refurb and update a KA-7100?

What is the broken piece or pieces in post #16? The post says it's a cap? With a ginormous lead like that? What the heck is that? Joe
  17. J

kr 9400 in protect

Was this receiver ever fixed? Joe
  18. J

JVC M-7050 Amp & P-L10 Pre Amp! Some Pics.

The meter can be repaired if all of the parts are still intact What exactly, besides it being "apart" is bad about it? I am trying to find an old contact who may be able to help you with a referral, so far no luck, the site has "moved" Tell me again if you would, or direct me to the posts, that...
  19. J

He's been trying to sell those rags for about a year now Same for those 250Ti(s) you can see in the background, they're cobbled together with flea market drivers and are running the wrong woofers Full time flipper, but he ain't flippin' so much lately because all of his stuff is junked up by...
  20. J

What was the final fix on your amp? A complete overhaul or just repair what's broken? Did you ever find the standoffs you were looking for?
  21. J

You paid $350 if I understood you, so how much did he refund you? If you have a problem telling the number then that's fine too You can still read the original ad copy for the auction I'd have been ticked over this, rare or no rare Joe
  22. J

Installing Speaker Cables on KA-9100

The OP could not visualize what they were trying to tell him but I'd imagine that is irrelevent now You are now responding to a request that was made more than 2 years ago
  23. J

Hi Nice amps and nice work but I just can't read all the posts in this thread I would like to know if the seller ever made good on sending these pieces so poorly packed and smashed up? What was the final resolution? I like JVC stuff too! Joe
  24. J

Best of the Bigger Consumer "KA" Series Integrateds

I think I mentioned it already, I owned a KA-7300, it was and still is a very nice amp and I regret letting it go It would be great though to get some more feedback on the actual request made at the top of the thread rather than to juxtapose the merits of Darlington circuits with the models...
Back
Top Bottom