Search results

1. Robert.garb

Sansui 9090 Signal Path capacitors

Markkb thank you. I was reading through threads and just wondered how it all went for the guy. Why do you, ivandezande, think it shouldn’t have been asked?
  2. Robert.garb

Sansui 9090 Signal Path capacitors

How did it work out?
  3. Robert.garb

Sansui 7070 offset issue

I got it. Finally after more time than it should have taken me. Both input differential pairs on F2624 were bad. They tested good on diode test. I didn’t want to believe that the same 2 functions would go bad at the same time. I need to set up a better bench test for transistors next time...
  4. Robert.garb

Sansui 7070 offset issue

Hello skywatcher. Thank you so much for taking your time here. I have the board with the 984’s mounted off the heat sinks. I pulled the offset trimmers and measured them through their turn radius and they are like new. I am 100% sure I change all the fusables but will go over it again. I will...
  5. Robert.garb

Sansui 7070 offset issue

Hello. My name is Bob. I have a Sansui 7070 I’m trying to fix for a friend who is the original owner. He’s retiring soon and it’s like a gift for him. When I got the receiver to start a restore, relay does not pick up. Coming off the F2624 board to the F2625 board (at the inductors) there is...
  6. Robert.garb

Sansui 7070 Issues

So what happened? What's the deal? I read all through this thread to get ghosted at the end.
  7. Robert.garb

Sansui AU-717 help me find my bias voltage

Ok. Thanks John. It’s good to go. Set bias and re checked offset. Sounds amazing. Thanks everyone. This is a great forum with great people
  8. Robert.garb

Hello Mr. Hyperion. What do you think about the wrong values in for R31 and R28? I have been checking all my work on driver cards vs an original unmolested card. I'm Heading out to barn now to finish her up.
  9. Robert.garb

Both cards. Polarity good. Think I figured it out. For some reason I put 470 ohm resistors in for R31 and 28 instead of 47. Compared against original spare card. Looked back at my notes and R31 was open at rebuild. My 47 ohm bag has 470’s in it. Gonna finish up comparison and fire back up...
  10. Robert.garb

I think the dim bulb tester like LBPete said was causing the protection issue. I set each channel offset at pins 27,28 to ground and watched it for 20 minutes. I put 25 turn trimmers in on VR01,02 so it was very smooth to set. I would say its stable bouncing around from -1 to 1mV max. Protection...
  11. Robert.garb

Roger that. Sorry for my absence. I am back on this now. I really appreciate peoples responses. No disrespect taken. DC millivolts. Fuses good. I am using a fluke 289. One thing I left out is last time I worked on this it put out sound, just not great sound which I'm thinking is due to the...
  12. Robert.garb

Yes. I checked it. It was replaced with a 1N4148 during re-cap. Check voltage on it yesterday.
  13. Robert.garb

Hello everyone. I am having the same exact problem. I can adjust DC offset but no bias current. Protection light stops blinking after relay kicks in and then about 5 seconds later it starts blinking. Voltages and grounds according to print all check out good. I'm at a loss on this one.
  14. Robert.garb

Leestereo's Restoration/Upgrade Of A Sansui AU-717

Really great thread. Just read through the entire thing as I am getting prepped to do my own component selection etc for a 717. Been looking for an AU-717 for a long time and finally got one!
  15. Robert.garb

How do the notorious black flag capacitors fail?

I am rebuilding a Kenwood KA-701 at the moment. There are quite a few square "Black Flag" caps in this amplifier. Thanks for identifying this EchoWars. I plan on using silver mica to replace them, unless anyone else has any better ideas. There are quite a few. First time I've ran across them.
  16. Robert.garb

Sony STR-5800 SD (no sound)

Well I'm right there with yall. I'm losing the signal somewhere on the tone control board. Working through it now.
  17. Robert.garb

Kenwood Kr-4600 bias circuit troubleshooting

Not sure what others think but in my opinion, the tuners in the KR-X600 series stereos are the best tuners I've heard yet. I've heard at least 100 other stereo tuners as comparison. None compare. The 4600 and 5600 are not very powerful but have the bet sound also. My rebuilt 5600, IMO, sounds...
  18. Robert.garb

Found one. Hope it's visible.
  19. Robert.garb

I must have deleted the pic off my phone. If need be I can open it up and take a pic the next time I'm around the unit. The transistors I used as replacement are great in this application. I've done the same thing on KR-5600 also. If you want to drill and tap a hole for each transistor you have...
  20. Robert.garb

Hello Rastputin. I marked the heatsink for pin alignment first. Cut an aluminum bar, 1/2" wide 1/8" thick. Can't remember the length. Drilled and tapped holes in the heatsink for the aluminum bar to clamp the transistors into position. Be careful to make sure you do this high up on the heatsink...
  21. Robert.garb

Kenwood L07C ll Pre Amp?

Hello Richard. Here is a link to a datasheet for them. What I don't get is this: it appears these resistors are CMF but are held to a higher military standard. You'd think the CMF would be cheaper, but many instances the RN RL are cheaper. http://www.vishay.com/docs/31027/cmfmil.pdf
  22. Robert.garb

Kenwood L07C ll Pre Amp?

Thanks for the advice Richard. I have the RN/RL series vishays to use and I plan on replacing all the resistors with these.
  23. Robert.garb

Kenwood L07C ll Pre Amp?

Thanks for the detail Richard. I'm looking into picking one of these up. I have 2 L07m mark 1 mono blocks I'm doing a restore on currently and need a preamp to drive them.
  24. Robert.garb

Restoring Sansui Dynamic Oval Capacitors

Nice Job Kale. Very impressive. I just did some dual caps on a G-7000. Stumbled on this because I'm going to be restoring my G-9000 soon.
Back
Top Bottom