Search results

1. Justgotohm

Anyone seen the new BMW 4 series coupe?

Oh wait, sorry I got them mixed up. I saw one going down I95 on my way to work and thought it was the most un BMW looking BMW I’ve seen to date. To be honest as I was approaching I thought it was an Accord, then with further disappointment I noticed how similar it looked to the now extinct...
  2. Justgotohm

Current world wide ship traffic as of 5 minutes ago.

Most are oblivious to the massive amount of marine traffic world wide, it accounts to around 15 percent of the world’s pollution. Thought I’d share a few screen shots from an app I use for work. Keep in mind it’s a bit misleading as the icons are way off as far as geographic scale but helpful to...
  3. Justgotohm

Scott Stereo Master 447 goes full volume when switched on?

I had this receiver for six months or so, all I did to it was a good deoxit bath. I gave it to a friend to sell in his shop, as soon as he cut his source on it went full volume, the volume pot was at zero. At 90wpc that’s a lot of power especially given it was hooked up to some Heresy’s, I can’t...
  4. Justgotohm

41 Apache living up to its name.

Sorry if this has been posted, being 8 in 1980 and 18 in 1990, living on the water, this sums up my wildest fantasies as a kid. This gets really good about 5min in.
  5. Justgotohm

Technics SU-C03 Integrated, Totally Surprised.

I’m posting this because this little integrated preforms way above what I expected. I picked this up with a bunch of other gear and did not give it much thought, I did notice it was heavy. It had a very nice even coating of nicotine a dust. After a test one side was out when using speakers A...
  6. Justgotohm

Plaguing problem solved on some early 2000’s high end electrostatic speakers. Crazy outcome!

I picked up a set of Esso Musiko Sound Poles and subs, this is a circa 2000 electrostatic set up that retailed for $5000. There is very little info online, but given they went cheap at auction I figured worst case is I get to experience them. They are about 6ft tall with matched powered woofers...
  7. Justgotohm

Outstanding retro rod

This is a wicked sweet ride. https://youtube.com/shorts/9YSXBHAmktY
  8. Justgotohm

Sold a truck to a fellow that did an incredibly thorough inspection

I had a 2005 V6 Toyota Taco Pre Runner available with 217000 miles, two owners, one of which owned it since 06. Super clean inside and out, very nice truck, no issues, drives straight with a very smooth engine. I mentioned to the prospective buyer I was installing new plugs, he asked to check...
  9. Justgotohm

Audio International CM300 Pre Amplifier

I picked this up awhile back and have enjoyed it, seems pretty simple and straightforward. An online search did not reveal much so I’ve decided to post a few pics etc for any potential searchers in the future. I have not tried the phono stage given I use a phono pre, it has a nice build quality...
  10. Justgotohm

Recapping Pioneer CS99a

These came out great, I had seen a version with a few different values, the values for this pair are written on the boards, after a search appear to be most common. I mounted the caps off the boards, I probably could have mounted to the boards but with the damping material inside the cab I felt...
  11. Justgotohm

RadioShack online.

Not sure if this has been posted? While I do support the supporters of AK it’s nice to have other options. I searched capacitors, for instance, and it’s all there, actually laid out very well. https://www.radioshack.com/
  12. Justgotohm

Just a representation of how big cars have become.

1986 full size German luxury car, 2015 German compact car. Golf gets 30mpg (manual) even aggressively tuned, holds 10 gallons of fuel. The Euro 735 gets 22mpg (manual) and holds 26 gallons, the same as my full-size pickup. BMW has a 3.5 liter inline 6 at 215hp/235tq, the Golf 2.0 liter turbo...
  13. Justgotohm

I was sent a picture of a sign from an auto shop.

Pretty much sums it. Although having some eyes on it to make sure (she) doesn’t get taken advantage of can be helpful as long as you keep your opinions between the two of you.
  14. Justgotohm

What to do about 075’s and the wax seals?

I just picked up a tired looking pair of 075’s. I want to take them apart to refinish the corroded aluminum but those pesky little seals are in the way. Given they work how big of a deal is it to remove the seals, are they worth more in place? Should I even care one way or another?
  15. Justgotohm

Tedrick is an outstanding seller.

Shipping was faster than Amazon, the packing top notch! Excellent seller.
  16. Justgotohm

I had the pleasure of listening to a true high end system, wow.

So I heard my first true high end system (for me) day before yesterday and it was eye opening. Nothing I have ever heard even comes close. I could have spent hours listening, everything was exciting to listen to, all new, all over again. As an enthusiast this experience was breathtaking, it...
  17. Justgotohm

An AK’er gave me some killer one of a kind record crates.

So a friend and fellow AK’er KrautNotRice showed up earlier this evening with these kick ass record crates. I had the shipping crates from some large Rolls Royce parts left over from work. He took them and came up with these crates. I’m tickled with these, I prefer to flip through records from...
  18. Justgotohm

Iron core inductor question?

I was parting out some speakers and had to aggressively pry these out of the bottoms of some narrow towers. The only way to remove them was a screw driver through the center hole and pry them away. Any who they broke, the glue was strong stuff! My question is will the missing metal effect the...
  19. Justgotohm

Help with a set of Frazier’s in Birmingham, AL ?

I gave a very close friend a pair of Frazier’s a few years ago along with a Superscope receiver and a Technics TT. The Superscope dropped the right channel so I replaced it with a Pioneer SX550 which has also dropped the right channel. She has checked all the inputs, switches etc, which I...
  20. Justgotohm

My VW MK7 GTI Project

I picked up a 2015 VW GTI that was optioned out exactly as I wanted. It is dark blue (not a particularly common color), and a 6spd manual. The boxes were ticked for the sport pack (larger brakes and a few more pony’s), DDS (adjustable suspension on the fly), and the lighting option which I very...
  21. Justgotohm

Pulled a Jensen Imperial, KT-31 kit from the trash.

Turned out to be loaded with a complete Jensen Imperial kit. Last time she brought home some Maggie’s that were laying on the curb.
  22. Justgotohm

Techs in Atlanta to fix a Carver 7T?

I am looking for a tech in the Atlanta area that is willing to fix a Carver Silver 7T mono amp. It has some noise in it. Any suggestions would be super.
  23. Justgotohm

Cello Stradivari Legends Speakers looking for info.

I just found out I have the full driver compliment for these speakers. What are the chances someone has a crossover diagram ?
  24. Justgotohm

Passed on some AudioKarma today

I had a pair of pretty nice Janzsen Z40’s that had been given to me, I had them in line somewhere behind the other 20 projects to do. A kid that works at the local ACE hardware store (Possum Eddies) mentioned he was into music and audio equipment a few times while I was picking things up. This...
  25. Justgotohm

A new set up in the kitchen

I bought this little Realistic set up on the cheap. I deoxit the SA/TM 102’s and polished them up, they came out very nice. The 2.5 watts is plenty for the Minimus 5’s, I know it’s hard to believe but this sounds way better than it should, or better than you think it would. Having a very small...
Back
Top Bottom