Search results

1. Broncoblair

I Want To Build A Tube Phono Preamp

Right on. And his schematic has styrene caps in place of electrolytics as well as oil caps in place of electrolytics on the power side? I think id just go with electrolytics where it says use electrolytics.
  2. Broncoblair

Right on. It says in the description that if followed by the 29-10 tone circuit it would have enough for the full rated output. But I guess the MOSFET is probably easier than building a tone circuit!
  3. Broncoblair

Think this may be a good starting point for me! I found it. Curious what sort of transformer you found easiest? IS i a 250+ and 250- rail ? I see 450V as well on the schematic.
  4. Broncoblair

I checked out your build very cool. I have access to quite a few original Jensen, Triad, Reichenbach and API transformers. They're used for mic level and line level signals. I don't care much about line level stuff as i do the phono side. Are there typically transformers on a phono preamp at...
  5. Broncoblair

I didn't realize EMT made anything other than Plate Reverbs.. I own a EMT 140 ST and EMT 162, so you're saying you made it out of the amplifier the plate reverb uses?
  6. Broncoblair

Right on! Not totally opposed to 12AX7's i guess something more classic maybe which a lot of those 60's designs used different tubes, Hammond designs etc. Excited to check your thread. Yes send along a PM im curious to look at it!
  7. Broncoblair

I am handy with a soldering iron and have a basic understanding of electronics, signal flow etc. I don't want to spend $5000 on a tube phono preamp but i might want to build one. I work in the pro audio world so I have access to transformers (from Manley) among others. It's just design I guess...
  8. Broncoblair

Cantilever for Audio Technica AT440MLA

I played it for a little bit, didn’t sound great. Sounded fine but my old Empire cart definitely sounded better and that’s never the case.... I’m going cantelever shopping. I want to just thank you guys for your expert advice. You’re truly the brain surgeons of phono! Absolutely floored at the...
  9. Broncoblair

Straightened best I could. Still seems to be a slight kink in the bottom. Going to test it and see how bad the Inner grooves sound.
  10. Broncoblair

It appears to only be horizontal. The tricky part is the soft rubber sock holding the needle to allow it to have play, I’m concerned of the correct positioning of the needle at rest. At the moment I can’t tell if it’s bent beyond that part or just the needle itself.
  11. Broncoblair

Ill look into it. Just want it to be as close to what I had as possible. How much of the sound of the cart is the needle ? I do enjoy the high end of this cart.
  12. Broncoblair

Can only find the cartridge itself for $250. Where might I find just the stylus ? Am I better off just getting another cart ? A shame I loved this thing and spent some money on it.
  13. Broncoblair

This is the needle looks to me slightly bent. Just want to make sure I’m not ruining my albums
  14. Broncoblair

Thats what im realizing. Wondering if I can possibly bend it back just super nervous about that ! Will post when I get home later.
  15. Broncoblair

On advice from this forum I purchased a no longer made AT440MLa Cart. God its amazing. For once the high end didn't fizzle out like many other carts ! My wife I believe unfortunately may have caught the needle on the side of the moving turn table... The needle has a slight bend to it. Records...
  16. Broncoblair

First Tube DIY Phono Preamp Suggestions?

Hi guys So I've had a few different receivers but nothing ever modular like separate preamp or amp. I had a Pioneer SA-7500 which I loved but it stopped working and seemed more expensive to fix than to buy another so then I bought a Luxman R-1040. Thing also broke. Although I loved the sound ...
  17. Broncoblair

Thorens TD160 - Can't Walk Past without a Skip !

@bobins08 Thanks Bob ! Yes I'll private message you as this thread seems to have been highjacked with a bit of attitude, which stinks because there's a lot of good info earlier in the thread.
  18. Broncoblair

Thank you John. I don't think I could break that spindle with a pair of pliers much less giving it a bounce... If they were that fragile, people wouldn't desire them. This table seems well built and tough. And do you think that every consumer that bought these back in the day read their manuals...
  19. Broncoblair

I'll take some photos. No safety post or perhaps there is ? I'll look. Someone is saying there isn't but I see a tall post beside the spindle. It is not hitting that post.
  20. Broncoblair

Im sorry you think that, but this is no more wear and tear than the thing gets when I carry it. It moves all over the place. And it's not possible to show the bounce moving it any lighter. If I can bend my motor shaft by doing that, it isn't a very good shaft. Im simply trying to show how it...
  21. Broncoblair

Here's what mine is doing.
  22. Broncoblair

Ok well it seems to bounce up and down but it can move from side to side, as in it has the ability with the tonearm. In fact when I first received it, it seemed that I kept having to center the tonearm in its slot so it wasn't too far to once side of the slot, platter moves with it of course...
  23. Broncoblair

Ok so I tried to redo the suspension. After reading, seems mine has less bounce than some so I decided when I put the bolts back on to leave it a few turns less than before. Seems I'm getting a good 6-7 bounce whereas before it was 1-2 seconds. I used a level all the way around to make sure...
  24. Broncoblair

Gotcha. Looks like I need to re do the suspension. Is this a dangerous procedure ? Am I going to ruin anything? I know its just springs, but I've never done this before.
  25. Broncoblair

So I'm looking at the table, the shelf definitely is moving which is causing the skipping. I cant even put a record away while its playing. I have to go find some bigger L brackets. Question: It seems the platter is lower on the front than in the rear or sides. Is there an adjustment for this...
Back
Top Bottom