Search results

1. MtnAudio

Realistic Lab-300 Vs Yamaha P-350

Looking for a economy table for my nephew who just had a record collection given to him. Both tables have been serviced and adjusted, are in good shape, and have a local warranty by the tech, both with DCs. At $175 The Realistic has a R47ED cart with a new RS5E stylus, don't know the cart...
  2. MtnAudio

ECONOMY turntable recommendation

I have a friend who wants to play his old records and his girl friend wants to get a turntable for his birthday. Needs to be something around $200 including cartridge, so cheap. He has an amp with a phono pre. No frills but auto reject is required. I'm into the old stuff and don't know what...
  3. MtnAudio

Are these Advent Legacy or?

I was given these speakers, good shape other than the woofers need to be refoamed. Was going through the posts on the Advents of this era and the various models are similar so I thought I’d get an expert to ID them and an idea and opinion on how to proceed. Based on what I’ve seen, they look...
  4. MtnAudio

FM antenna recommendation.

I live in a fringe reception area due to distance and geography and dipole antennas don’t do it. I have a mast antenna on the roof but it doesn’t do a very good job either. I’d like to buy something rather than DIY but need a reasonably priced one. Probably get 2. Been told a Yagi with...
  5. MtnAudio

Phoenix to San Jose

Anyone making the trip from Phoenix area (East side of Mesa specifically) to somewhere in SF Bay Area/Monterey/Santa Cruz? I have a Pioneer receiver and a couple of speakers that need to come up from there. Private residence pick up or they can drop locally. Not real time critical. Thanks for...
  6. MtnAudio

Harman Kardon 330B unequal volume

Don’t see a receiver forum so I hope this is the right place for a little clarity on the volume issue. Picked this up at a thrift, replaced some lights and cleaned all controls thoroughly twice, including Mode St/Mono switch, and still have significantly lower volume on one channel while mode...
  7. MtnAudio

Electro-Voice S12-2, worth fixing?

i was just given a pair of early ev s12-2 12” 2 way speakers in road cabinets. I believe they are original with the first gen of woofers. Although the woofers are spec’d at 97db sensitivity they are power hungry and can take up to 250watts. I had a 90/90watt amp connected and had to get it over...
  8. MtnAudio

CD player recommendations at “economy” price

Friend of mine is getting into basic home audio after years of none due to work, family, ... He does have a lot of CDs he played in the car and work and will now play at home through a very decent system. So he is looking for a decent CD player changer for around $300 or less. Know he can get...
  9. MtnAudio

JBL MP215

Able to pick up a pair of these at a good price in nice condition for a friend. Specs look light on the high end response. Not using them as a band monitor. Can anyone comment on the performance of these for music listening, old rock/folk mostly. Haven’t heard them.
  10. MtnAudio

How do I move a post?

I have a post in speakers that is Klipsch specific and I think I should have placed it in the Klipsch Korner. How do I get it moved to KK?
  11. MtnAudio

Klipsch KP 3000-C vs KP 301

Looking at either of these speakers for a purchase. I am familiar with the 301 but have never heard the 3000. I believe the 3000 has a passive speaker with front vent vs the 301 horns and ported cabinet. Both have high sensitivity ratings so assume they will drive with a lower wattage amp...
  12. MtnAudio

PL 50-long warm up to speed

i have 2 PL-50s and they both eventually “warm up” to 33.5 and 33.7rpm but they start at about 28rpm. Switching to 45rpm for awhile speeds up the process but it can still take 10 minutes or so to get to the final speed. New belts of correct length and thickness, new Derwin bearings, cleaned and...
  13. MtnAudio

ADS L520 No woofer

Just picked up a pair of ADS L520 speakers in nice cosmetic shape with no obvious damage to the components. The tweeters function, one had a blown fuse and I swapped it out for the good spare and it worked. Neither woofer has any sound. Tried to pull a woofer out the front but once unscrewed it...
  14. MtnAudio

Sunwood 600BK-any info out there?

This is a pair of Sunwood 600BK speakers. The picture is of the rear crossover knobs/connection and a picture of the front wood grills, looks like late 60's early 70's type grills. Couldn't take them off at this time but rear label says 16" woofer, 4 way. Around 20" wide, 25" high, 18" deep...
  15. MtnAudio

Pioneer PL 50 vs PL 50 PV service manual is different

I downloaded a PL50 service manual from Vinylengine and it says PL 50/PV on the front. Didn't really notice at first but as I looked at the drawings of the mechanisms I realize that they are NOT the same as my PL 50. Any others I have seen on the web are labeled the same. Does anyone have a...
  16. MtnAudio

Pioneer PL-41 speed switch cover fit PL-50 too?

Are they the same? Would like to use a PL-41 cover on a PL-50. Don't have an opportunity to try it before buying. Thanks
  17. MtnAudio

Taking tape off Fisher knobs

I have a Fisher x 101 and a 101R that have had adhesive tape, the old fashioned cloth type, applied to some of the knobs. Been on there a long, long time by the looks of it and it's stuck good. The knobs have the plastic center. see pics. Was thinking of dabbing a little alcohol on the top edge...
  18. MtnAudio

Marantz 6100 with ADC ZLM

Inherited this table. Hasn't been used in a while but seems to work well in a start up test. I see lots of threads on the 6100. Just looking for opinions on the table being a keeper and the ADC ZLM cartridge?
  19. MtnAudio

Fisher Custom Electra V, Mod E46-X

Went to get a couple of old junker TTs from a friend and this presented itself. He picked it up some time ago to keep it from going to the dump and he occasionally listens to the FM and plays records on it! From the mint period advertiser and Operating Instructions and Warranty pamphlets that...
  20. MtnAudio

Search for equip on Barter town

Is there a way to search for specific types/brands/models/etc of equip on Barter town without pulling up old sold listings?
  21. MtnAudio

Brunswick Panatrope Mod 42 record changer with radio

Not sure where to post this so I thought I'd start here. I may post to Barter Town if it is something that would be appropriate to sell on AK and there is interest. Like to get some information from anyone who has experience with them. Exterior veneer is rough but the console looks complete with...
  22. MtnAudio

Sticky buttons on a 112-Cleaning?

I have a recent acquisition of a Marantz 112 tuner. Buttons on the front function but are very sticky, don't appear to be rubbing the faceplate. I must remove the faceplate to straighten it and want to service the switches at the same time. Do you get access to the switches by removing the...
  23. MtnAudio

Marantz 112-how to unbend a corner of the faceplate

Picked up a 112 that performs well but has a very slight bend on one corner of the faceplate. Unfortunately it happened in shipping. Keeping the unit but want to straighten the corner. I have seen others with corner bends and imagine there is someone experienced out there in the straightening...
  24. MtnAudio

Moving a posting to a different category

I posted an informational question on recommended Marantz tuners to go with a 1060 IntAmp in the "Tuners" forum. Now thinking I should have posted it in the Marantz section. Is there a way to move it? I know you don't want duplicate postings.
  25. MtnAudio

Marantz tuner to go with a 1060

I have a Marantz 1060 I bought new way back in college and would like to put a decent period marantz tuner with it. Don't want to spend a ton, but don't know it the lower end tuners are decent. I live in marginal recepetion territory. Will a 104 or 105 offer decent performance or do I need to...
Back
Top Bottom