Search results

1. ebcdic

Speaker Crossover Capacitor Advise

Hello. I am going to do a recap on my Yamaha NS-690 I speakers. The crossovers have some odd values: 2.5uf 160V *2 Axial IMPORTANT 3.5uf 100V *2 (Axial Terms One Side) 18uf 50V *2 Radial Bipolar IMPORTANT 33uf 50V *2 Radial Bipolar Would it be better to sub values that are close for the 2.5...
  2. ebcdic

Technics SB L-200

I know Technics speakers do not get much love around here. I picked up a pair of Technics SB L-200 speakers. Reasonable mid sized cabinet (Smaller that my KLH 6 2 ways). These are great sounding speaker. Good imaging, Nice Bass. The horn tweeters are actually pretty laid back, and not in...
  3. ebcdic

Klipsch Forte I's Ruined My Hobby

I love collecting vintage speakers. Current stable includes Klipsch Heresy I, KLH 5, KLH 6, Advent A25, Advent 5002, Yamaha NS-690, DCM 500, and DCM CX27. I loved each in their own way. Well I picked up a pair of Klipsch Fortes for a silly price locally. Cabs not perfect. I replaced the...
  4. ebcdic

Advent 5002 help

Hello. Refroaming a pair of Advent 5002 and found a not awesome issue. Suspension has a dent. Any way to repair this or is the speaker shot?
  5. ebcdic

Marantz 2230 Tuning Meter Help

Hello. I just finished recapping a 2230. Every board was recapped with the exception of the FM and AM boards as I hear strange things can happen and I do no have the proper equipment outside a Oscilloscope to do an alignment. Problem is the Tuning meter does not seem to work at all when...
  6. ebcdic

Marantz 2230 Tuning Meter Help

Hello. I just finished recapping a 2230. Every board was recapped with the exception of the FM and AM boards as I hear strange things can happen and I do no have the proper equipment outside a Oscilloscope to do an alignment. Problem is the Tuning meter does not seem to work at all when...
  7. ebcdic

Ar-4x woofer white coating?

Hello. I was wondering if anyone could help me identify the white stuff on the basket of my Ar4x woofers. Some kind of coating? Cadmium oxidation? Also interesting is the time stamp of 1987. That would be way after the production run of Ar-4x speakers... Thanks.
  8. ebcdic

Suitable replacement Bass Pot for Dynaco SCA-35

Hello. Looking for a recommendation on a pot to replace Bass control on a Dynaco SCA-35. May also do the Treble. I have seen conflicting information on what is recommended (500k?). Thanks! I plan on doing the filter bypass switch mod but want to keep the integrated capability intact...
  9. ebcdic

Pioneer SX-828 Intermittent Sound

Hello. I have an SX-828 I have been working on. I recapped both the power supply and protection circuit. Every so often one channel (always the same) stops outputting any sound. It seems either adjusting the volume or lightly tapping the case makes it come back. Prior to the recap work there was...
  10. ebcdic

Kenwood TK-80

The 90s Sony garage receiver is about falling over so I started looking around for a good to go cheap vintage receiver to go out in the garage. Picked up a Kenwood TK-80 SS receiver for $65 bucks on Ebay. Was surprised to find tubes in the tuner section. :) Appears everything is SS except the...
  11. ebcdic

Output Transformers for Dummies (Fisher X-100-C)

Hello. I recently have come into possession of a Fisher X-100-C amplifier. No tubes and one missing output transformer. I am a newbie with tubes. Finding a replacement transformer seems to be prohibitive as I have been eyeing Ebay for a while with no success. A couple questions: -What does one...
Back
Top Bottom