Search results

1. Hauxon

NAD PP3/PP4 Phono preamp USB out to a dac

Seems like it's not possible. I spoke to a NAD salesman here in Iceland and they actually tried connecting a PP4 to a M51 without success.
  2. Hauxon

NAD PP4/PP3 USB to DAC

Yes, I contacted a NAD sales here in Iceland and they actually tried connecting the PP4 to the M51 without success.
  3. Hauxon

NAD PP3/PP4 Phono preamp USB out to a dac

I did also ask this in the turntable forum but it might belong in here. I have a NAD M51 dac/preamp and use it as a preamp in my system. It however is purely digital an has no analog inputs. That's ok for most of my listening (streaming audio and tv via HDMI). But I do have few hundred vinyl...
  4. Hauxon

Standalone DAC vs Chromecast Audio DAC... Advice needed

The NAD M51 dac I have sounds somehow smoother and more effortless than the Chromecast Audio dac. Depends on how you look at it whether it's significant to your ears or not.
  5. Hauxon

NAD PP4/PP3 USB to DAC

I have a NAD M51 dac that I use as a preamp+dac. It's all digital, no analog inputs. It has works well with my setup-up until I started thinking about connecting my fathers old Dual turntable to my system. I do have hundreds of vinyl records since I was a teeneager. My kids also have WII...
  6. Hauxon

DAC specifically for Redbook CD's

I find the NAD M51 sounds smooth and effortless compared to most dacs and cd-players I've heard. Night and day difference compared to the Chromecast Audio (not considered bad for the price)
  7. Hauxon

Polk SDA 2b worthwile?

I'm using a NAD C272 power amp for my SDA 2B's. Great amp that works well with fantastic speakers. The SDA 2B have been criticized for the SL2000 tweeters that have a about 5db peak around 13khz that may make some recordings sound a little hizzy. Doesn't bother me much but I will upgrade...
  8. Hauxon

Burnt resistor on M-25 power amp

My electronics man strongly advises to use original parts if possible and also suggests changing the equivalent parts on the other channel to ensure exact same tonality in both channels. He also told me that there is no assurance that the problem was actually with the transistors before the...
  9. Hauxon

Thanks for the insightful reply. According to the M-25 service manual these are the part numbers: Resistor * R32: RD1/2PSF 910J Semiconductors * Q11. 25A899A-V * Q13: 2SB536A-L or K How hard are these to come by? Available from every electronics shop? Pioneer only? The Unobtanium shop?
  10. Hauxon

..profile says : "No more room for stuff!" :rflmao:
  11. Hauxon

Thanks for the help, I knew I was posting in the right place! :) I met my amp guru last night, he had just finished fixing my (no so exotic) Pioneer A-656 amp and I showed him the above images and the schematics. His feeling was it was too much of a risk for me unless I'd get the M-25in for...
  12. Hauxon

I'm considering buying this amp from a local fellow. He told me he burnt a resistor last time he used it (some months ago) and he hasn't gotten around fixing it. I was wandering if someone here could share his/her thoughts regarding the issue and possible causes. I'm not an electrician and no...
  13. Hauxon

The Pioneer "Series 20" Gear Thread!

Thank you!
  14. Hauxon

The Pioneer "Series 20" Gear Thread!

Does anyone know if the M-25 has common ground? I'm considering buying this amp to drive my Polk SDA speakers. They need the amp to have common ground for the SDA system (with interconnection cable) to work. Many dual mono designs do not have common ground so I'm thinking the M-25 might...
Back
Top Bottom