Search results

1. G

Spectro Acoustics 202 amp, 210 pre-amp and 217 equaliser, re-build !!!

The 202 pre-amp is very nice - never tried the 303
  2. G

Owners Manual http://akdatabase.org/AKview/albums/userpics/10007/Spectro%20Acoustics%20P-202%20Power%20Amp%20Owners%20Manual.pdf Schematic http://bob.midniteftp.com/spec202a.gif could not find a service manual
  3. G

+/_ 30vdc adj pwr suply diy?

Also built many, the questions are relevant -
  4. G

Where can I get one of these?

get a local machine shop to make you a set out of aluminium !!!! the older machine shop guys are generally very helpful ( take a sample with you) and charge basic prices
  5. G

REPLACING CAPACITORS ON MARANTZ 140 POWER AMP

Hi - Dunno why old amps have 13000uf smoothing caps, the 10000 uf cap will work fine. Did a costing experiment the other day 3x4700uf in parallel is more expensive than 10000uf and not much better, 3300uf, 4 in parallel are cheaper and gives the same result. In My Honest Opinion over 10000uf...
  6. G

Need a cross ref transistor match

the 1837 should be fine
  7. G

What Type of Capacitor is This??

471J is 470 pf as stated above... 47 plus 1 = 470 always quoted on picofarads the J = 5% ConradH has hit the nail on the head :)
  8. G

So You Want To Repair Audio gear, Eh? Here's the tools you need...

I use a TEKTRONIX 475B - absolutely the BEST scopes you can get Side cutters are the main tool you can own get the best you can afford - Mine are Lindstrom !!!!! I would pay just about any price for a good set of cutters :) Great thread by the way :)
  9. G

So You Want To Repair Audio gear, Eh? Here's the tools you need...

Haemostats are the unsung hero's of teche tools - go to a hospital and beg for old ones :)
  10. G

Hello From South Africa

Afraid all my LP's are gone :( I Live in the late 60s 70s and some of the 80s music... favourite bands/Artists are - Zappa, Moody Blues, T Rex, Deep Purple, Joe Walsh, Robin Trower, Hendrix, Carly Simon, Janis Ian, Harry Chapin, Queen, Black Sabbath, Beethoven (9Th), Santana etc. etc.
  11. G

Hello From South Africa

Hi - maybe from the techie side but I love to teach and share my knowledge .......
  12. G

Hello From South Africa

Absolute fan of B&O... and I see another ZAPPA fan - I have all his albums
  13. G

Would the forum members like me to do a write up on the whole re-build ??? If so, do you want all the techie details on measurements, cross references to schematics, component substitutions, general techie faultfinding, repair tips etc..... or just a pictorial with basic info. ????
  14. G

Hiya all Picked up a 202 amp along with a 210 pre-amp and 217 equalizer for a stupidly low price last week. (US$ 16.00) SAR 250.00 !!!!!!!!!!!!!! plugged it in, showed power on all three units with no smoke, so decided to bang a set of speakers on it. (Mordaunt Shorts) and plugged my cellphone...
  15. G

Hello From South Africa

Hi all thankyou for the kind reception.. I am doing a Spectro Acoustics re-build and am planning to start a thread on it ------ anybody interested ???
  16. G

Hello From South Africa

Hi All Gavin Here, based in Johannesburg South Africa. I am an Old Fart (56 years) but that gives me a head start in Audio because not only do I know what a Valve is I have actually seen them working !!!! I am a Control Systems Engineer who started out as a Telecommunication Technician, fixed...
Back
Top Bottom