Search results

1. hiFi DAD

Hales Revelation 3, a quest for answers

I sent him a pm before I started the thread but i haven’t heard anything as of yet. I’m sure he will chime in at some point. ;)
  2. hiFi DAD

When I spoke to john originally that was his though as well. He has since informed me that the magnet is fine and that someone played it way to loud. Another thing to add is that the seller mentioned that he had a big lightning strike hit his house around the same time he first bought the...
  3. hiFi DAD

I haven't set up any automated searches or notifications yet, frankly I didn't even think of it until you both mentioned it, thanks! :thumbsup: I did see a pair of concept 5's on the bay for parts. Funny story, my dad actually bought those and the guy dropped them trying to get them outside...
  4. hiFi DAD

You pick, I buy!

I have created a new thread regarding these speakers. For more information and updates please see http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/hales-revelation-3-a-quest-for-answers.838250/ :(
  5. hiFi DAD

Not long ago I was very excited to learn that my company was sending me out to the east coast for a few days. I wasn't particularly excited to leave the family but I was excided because I knew that within about an hour or so of where I was going someone had what appeared to be a pristine set of...
  6. hiFi DAD

You pick, I buy!

Update: I ended up pulling the trigger on some revelation 3’s. I knew of a pair for sale close to where I was while on a work trip. Since I rented a car it was like free shipping!! I couldn’t have been more happy when I saw them I couldn’t find a single flaw on the cabinet or grills...
  7. hiFi DAD

Cornstock 2018 Iowa/Midwest gathering September 15

Indeed I did! It was excellent. I ended up taking home a bottle of lemon blush and the elderberry.
  8. hiFi DAD

@toxcrusadr , do you happen to have any birds eye maple? I picked up a tube amp project from leben and I’d like to get some of that to frame it in.
  9. hiFi DAD

Leben is a fantastic host! I had a killer time listening to all of his gear, meet some great people and had some fantastic mead. I can say that I definitely will be attending every year he keeps this going (even with the 7.5 hour drive). Thanks again Leben! To those of you who are local to...
  10. hiFi DAD

Isolating my Turntable?

I’m sorry to hear about your current situation. Wishing you a speedy recovery! I posted some information on the topic of isolation on this thread http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/floating-turntable-shelf.829765/#post-11775579 I would not recommend using sand to isolate your...
  11. hiFi DAD

Great Monday morning surprise

It sure does! :biggrin:
  12. hiFi DAD

Because I can’t not mess around with anything, I made some new labels for the tape dispenser.
  13. hiFi DAD

This may sound stupid, but after having this on the desk all day I think the best part is the dust cover. It really completes the whole thing IMO. If they could make one with a cue lever that dispensed post-it notes like a Pez dispenser that would be awesome!
  14. hiFi DAD

Petition to change the Audiokarma Logo

While I don't have any strong opinions for or against a new logo I did make this "AudioKarma Speaker Badge" for another thread a while back. I think these would make some cool magnets if nothing else.
  15. hiFi DAD

I couldn't find a reel to reel, but it does look like they make a cassette one.
  16. hiFi DAD

One of my coworkers surprised me this morning with a cool little gift! It’s a turntable tape dispenser!
  17. hiFi DAD

Change is a-coming!

@bacco99 reading this thread and watching your progress has been awesome and very inspirational! I’m currently saving up for a side business and this thread has motivated me even further to see it through. Thank you for that and I look forward to following your progress! Keep up the good...
  18. hiFi DAD

Loud music & pets

Two of my dogs leave the room when the music gets too loud. The other one doesn’t seem to mind that much. The two that leave the room for loud music are also the ones who hide in the closet during thunderstorms and the 4th of July. I think if your animals are bothered by the volume they...
  19. hiFi DAD

Suggestions for Chicago?

The Bean is part of Millennium Park ;).
  20. hiFi DAD

Suggestions for Chicago?

Nailed it!
  21. hiFi DAD

Am I the only AK member who thinks like this?

I believe that for the most part people in BT have very reasonable prices. I haven’t seen too many items in BT that made me feel as if I had to haggle for it. If the price is high here it’s probably going to sit for a while. Outside of BT is a different story! I always post slightly more...
  22. hiFi DAD

Internet radio, how to do simply through wifi?

If you are wanting to go the chromecast audio route.. Maybe this will help you out.
  23. hiFi DAD

Internet radio, how to do simply through wifi?

I think this is what you would be looking for. 3.5mm to rca adapter
  24. hiFi DAD

ultrasonic record cleaning service. Would you try one?

I would agree. I think I would only do it if it was local. Take one or two in, have them cleaned and check them out. If I liked it I would come back with more. Maybe if the service had been around for a while with I good reputation then I might think about shipping. Thanks for the input.
Back
Top Bottom