Search results

1. RUmad

Magnavox 9304 DCG troubleshooting help

Apparently I messed up my Maggie today. It’s a 9304-00 that I modified to the DCG circuit, but with original OPT’s and no buffer. I don’t use it VERY often, but when I do it’s been perfect. Always reliable, sounds great, runs nice and cool. I finished building a prototype preamp a couple weeks...
  2. RUmad

Magnavox st-609-r

anybody know what amp would be found in a 609? Appreciate any info.
  3. RUmad

My X-101-C

As some of you know, I recently 'restored' a Fisher X-101-C and fm-200B. It's been running very well for a couple of months, sounds better than I'd dreamed it would. About a week ago I took it out of its place in my living room system, for some upgrades. Pretty minor. I added a CL-80. I removed...
  4. RUmad

Maggie ST 611

just picked up a Magnavox with the 8802 chassis. Still in the trunk of my truck, so I don't know if it's working or not. Cabinet's in good shape, stinks like nicotine though. So the question of the day is; to gut or not to gut? I can't make up my mind if I want to build it as a stand alone amp...
  5. RUmad

Concord Automatic "994"

I picked this 994 up at a tag sale, probably 15 years ago. Been sitting in my garage (warm and dry) ever since. My original plan was to gut it for the transformers and tubes. I've finally brought it home, disassembled it, cleaned out some gunk, cleaned the pots and switches, wiped down the heads...
  6. RUmad

Pro-Ject Debut Carbon upgrade? Or not.

Currently running a Technics SL 1200 first generation, first year I believe, in my living room system. Shure M97xe cart. I found this 'table, literally, in the garbage. Cleaned it up, recapped the psu and been in love with the music it makes for MANY years now. I bought a Rega RP1 a few years...
  7. RUmad

FM-200-B

Thanks to the folk in this thread http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/fisher-fm-200-b-i-went-and-did-it.606033/ and a few other threads, I just successfully rebuilt the power supply in my FM-200-B. I didn't even have to do any math! MUCH appreciated! So, after about two...
  8. RUmad

Best sounding 5U4G?

Yes folks, I know this it totally subjective and strictly personal preference/opinion. But that's what I want! I want to hear from you, which 5U4G YOU think sounds the best. I've got my KT88 home-built amp sounding magnificent, properly biased- although waiting on resistors of higher rating-...
  9. RUmad

A few Fisher questions

Ladies and gentlemen, after getting a fantastic deal on a boatload of Fisher gear, and all the help and advice I received from you kind folks, I just love the sound of my x-101-c and FM 200-B. Honestly I didn't think push-pull could sound so good. Therefore, I'm now addicted. So, a few...
  10. RUmad

I don't know how?

Seriously, I don't know how to thank all of you folks enough. After about three weeks of researching, scrounging through my bins and cabinets, ordering parts, doing the work and interacting with the people of this forum, I've completed my Fisher X-101-C. Spent a good part of the day rearranging...
  11. RUmad

I've got a Bogen "Challenge"

So, I don't won't to be too long winded, but I feel this deserves a little backstory. Honestly, I can't remember exactly where I even picked this thing up. Had to've been a swap meet or a tag sale, and it had to've been cheap, because I've had it for many years and hadn't even looked at it. I...
Back
Top Bottom