Search results

1. kk_coastal

Monitor Audio RX6 vs Ascend Acoustics Sierra 1 w/NRT upgrade

I have the opportunity to purchase a pair of Monitor Audio RX6 speakers in perfect condition for $350. I was hoping someone could provide some personal feedback on these speakers? I am currently running a pair of Ascend Acoustics Sierra 1's on a Sansui AU-X701. I listen to a wide variety of...
  2. kk_coastal

Floorstander Speaker Recommendations for Sansui AU-X701

Hi everyone, I'm finally moving to a larger place in a few months and want to pick up a pair of floorstanding speakers to use with the Sansui AU-X701 (100 watts @ 8 ohms) I've been using some bookshelf speakers (Ascend Acoustics Sierra 1's w/NRT upgrade) for a few years now. Any thoughts or...
  3. kk_coastal

Sansui AU-X701 Alpha - Speaker Suggestions?

I'm upgrading my speakers, Currently running Sansui AU-X701(100watts x 2 @ 8ohm), Denon CD1560, and Paradigm 3SE and Fried Valhalla speakers. I recently did a demo with the B & W CM6 S2 and realized what I have been missing. Unfortunately they are a little out of my price range. I like the...
  4. kk_coastal

Fried Valhalla Studio Speakers (3-way TL)

Anyone have these or have any experience with the Fried Valhalla Studio Speakers? Any input would be greatly appreciated. It's hard to find any information on them online. I am considering picking them up for $475.00. I'll be running them with a Sansui AU-X701 (100 Watts @ 8ohm), Denon DCD...
  5. kk_coastal

Denon DCD-1560 CD Player capacitor replacement and upgrade?

Hi Everyone, I have a Denon DCD-1560 CD Player for $45.00 from the original owner. It's in great condition. It sounds good. Exactly as it has been described in other audio karma postings. (detailed, neutral and transparent) I'd like to have it operating at its best. I am thinking about...
  6. kk_coastal

Elac Uni-Fi UB5

I am interested in the new Elac Uni-Fi UB5 speakers. Have any of you heard them? I hear you need some serious push behind them. Anyone have any experience with these speakers? Specs for the speakers are: 5-1/4" aluminum cone woofer frequency response: 46-25,000 Hz sensitivity: 85 dB impedance...
  7. kk_coastal

Speaker recommendations for Sansui au-x701 Amplifier?

Hi Everyone, I recently scored a Sansui AU-X701 on the bay. I've been looking for one of these for a while and am really looking forward to getting it up and running. I was hoping for some speaker recommendations to be used with the Sansui AU-X701. Preferably looking for a good set of...
  8. kk_coastal

speakers recommendations for Sansui AU-X701?

Hi Everyone, I recently scored a Sansui AU-X701 on the bay. I've been looking for one of these for a while and am really looking forward to getting it up and running. I was hoping for some speaker recommendations to be used with the Sansui AU-X701. Preferably looking for a good set of...
  9. kk_coastal

speaker recommendations for Sansui au-x701 Amplifier?

Back
Top Bottom