Search results

1. 2channel*

The "Almost a Hit" game

Back to Crack - Amy Winehouse (Oh, that was so mean. I am sorry)
  2. 2channel*

The "Almost a Hit" game

Kind of in Drag - The Buckinghams
  3. 2channel*

The "Almost a Hit" game

I'll take option #2
  4. 2channel*

The "Almost a Hit" game

Hapless - Neil Young
  5. 2channel*

The Shure M78S vs. the Grado 78

I had the same experience with the stereo versions. Grado Green 3 vs. Shure V15 RS. I know they are different levels of each manufacturer's product lines, but after hearing the muddy Grado house sound I never investigated their products further. When I play 78s I use a Stanton 500 MK III...
  6. 2channel*

The Official Oracle Turntable Thread

Thanks for the post. It would be interesting to see how the sound changes with and without the foam; but a real PIA i am sure.
  7. 2channel*

Canton Ergo 700 DC info

Sorry for all the dups. Every time I try to delete a new one seems to be created again. :whip:
  8. 2channel*

Canton Ergo 700 DC info

No prob.
  9. 2channel*

Canton Ergo 700 DC info

No prob.
  10. 2channel*

Canton Ergo 700 DC info

No prob. Good luck and keep us posted.
  11. 2channel*

Canton Ergo 700 DC info

No prob. Good luck and keep us posted.
  12. 2channel*

Canton Ergo 700 DC info

I can't comment directly on the Ergo 700 DCs, but as you can see by my avatar, I have the 1002 DCs. I believe they shared some of the same components. I really love the 1002s. Some people told me that they had a reputation of being bright, but I have found no faults with them whatsoever even...
  13. 2channel*

SACD recommendations

I thought that this what the tread was about; recommending good SACD recordings so I could buy them. Thanks, Ken.
  14. 2channel*

May We Talk Sibilance For a Moment?

Do you mean this LP? https://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Analogue-Test-Lp/dp/B001GBA71Y/ref=sr_1_1?hvadid=77996673276340&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvqmt=e&keywords=analogue+test+lp&qid=1565278555&s=gateway&sr=8-1
  15. 2channel*

High Definition Releases - Reviews

So do I! I'm on VaCay the next two weeks; but maybe we can set something up after that. Tell me what you'd like me to bring, and then we could do a reverse if you like.
  16. 2channel*

Record Cleaning: Developing the Best Possible Methods

All my ingredients are in liquid form.
  17. 2channel*

Record Cleaning: Developing the Best Possible Methods

Just to validate, what is the formula you are using? This is what I use to make a small batch of concentrate and then just add distilled water until the total is 500 ml: BATCH 500.00 ml HepaStat 256 1.00 ml Triton X-100 1.40 ml IPA 91% 25.00 ml DH20 472.60 ml TOTAL 500.00 ml Concentrate ml...
  18. 2channel*

Newish Rock Music

19. 2channel*

Newish Rock Music

20. 2channel*

Newish Rock Music

Not exactly rock according to Discogs: Rock according to Discogs:
  21. 2channel*

Newish Rock Music

Well, to keep the oldie digression going:
  22. 2channel*

SACD recommendations

Has anyone had the time or inclination to compare 2H HD or XRCD formats to SACD? I have one XRCD2 but the content is so boring I haven't even listened all the way through. The SQ seemed pretty nice, though.
  23. 2channel*

What's My Weak Link/Help Me Upgrade

My bad! It's the Pioneer PL-15D, which turns out to be a turntable. Just scroll down for the 2 reviews of the SA 500a on hifiengine.com.
  24. 2channel*

What's My Weak Link/Help Me Upgrade

Welcome, Lou. I've not heard the 301's but I tried the Acoustimass 5 II set and was not a fan of the Bose sound, so I would say listen to some other speakers. The SA 500a was well reviewed here and there is a speaker suggestion: https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/pioneer/sa-500a.shtml
Back
Top Bottom