Search results

1. Natasha Bell

Most Underrated Album from the Mid-1980s

I was recently listening to music from my birth year, 1984... Okay folks, I know, I'm old. Van Stephenson: Righteous Anger is such a phenomenal recording. Tons and tons of energy.. and like Van Helen's classic 1984, virtually every track is amazing. It has the "sound" which defined that era...
  2. Natasha Bell

"AM Stereo" - The Forgotten, but Perhaps Superior Medium

"AM-Stereo" has to be one of the least well known, but innovative mediums out there. I had heard about it years ago, but never gave it a second thought. "Who needs AM-Stereo", I said to myself, "when FM does all of that and better." Is FM really better? I think this is a valid question now...
  3. Natasha Bell

Early 1980s Music Videos Influence on the Era's Pop-Culture...

I love watching 1980s music videos as they are really often these elaborate "mini-movies". When I was in high school in high school (graduated in 2002), the clique of girls I was with were into cosplay. We would often do cosplay of the girls featured in early 1980s music videos. This often...
  4. Natasha Bell

RIP: Frank Farian

On the 23 JAN 2024, Frank Farian passed. He was one of the great European music producers from the 1970s and 80s. What is really interesting, he often hired dancers (as in Boney M.) to pretend to sing while he did the actual tracks. It is a shame that these super creative people are slowly...
  5. Natasha Bell

Sabaton: The Most Unique Metal Band Ever!

Regardless of what adjectives you can give the Swedish band Sabaton, "unique" is probably the most fitting. All their songs, literally every last one of them with a single exception, deal with military history. The only one that doesn't, is "Metal Machine", and that is probably one of them...
  6. Natasha Bell

Multi-Artist Compilation CDs

You know, I typically dislike compilation CDs, especially with different artists, due to differences in mixing of the master recordings. Even "greatest hits" compilation of a single artist is often problematic because of that. Most of the tracks sound odd, and vary in loudness and balance...
  7. Natasha Bell

For All Mankind (Season 4)

For All Mankind, Season 4, does not disappoint. The twists and turns... Quality, gripping television at its best. I can only recommend it. :biggrin:
  8. Natasha Bell

"Sea of Tranquility" - Greatest Albums of the 1960s

Hello everyone, I don't know if you are aware of the "Sea of Tranquility" channel on Youtube, but this gentleman is phenomenal in his reviews and insights. He also has this "Favorite Albums of the 1960s" (and '70s) playlists. I just love how he presents the information, the insights, the...
  9. Natasha Bell

Ahsoka... OMG, Ahsoka... Absolute Drivel, with One Bright Spot

As a science-fiction fan, I have been watching Ahsoka.... As a Star Wars fan, I have been watching Ahsoka.... What an abomination this series is. Disney / Lucasfilm spewed this feminist crap out, and are now wondering why viewership is already down nearly 60% and still falling. Kathleen...
  10. Natasha Bell

Gary Wright has passed

May he rest-in-peace.. and forever be on the "Dream Weaver Train". :bye:
  11. Natasha Bell

Under-Rated "Under The Radar" Female Rock-N-Roll Singers

I don't think anyone would argue that there are many great female singers, or that there are many great female Rock-N-Roll singers. Some may even argue, such as I, that Dolly Parton, regardless of the fact that she is in the Rock-N-Roll Hall of Fame, is a COUNTRY singer, and not a Rock-N-Roll...
  12. Natasha Bell

"Burn-in" of Components: Sometimes Logic goes "Out of the Window"

I have been reading some threads about "burn-in", and this and that... how speaker cables and interconnects need to be burned-in. How long you should "warm-up" components before "critical listening" ( :eek: that term is like hot pokers in my ear canals!!)... With some of the advise given...
  13. Natasha Bell

"Horn" or Not To "Horn" (Speakers That Is)

Okay, okay... the title was my attempt at humor inspired by the Beverly Hillbillies TV show. That real question is: the viability of the horn speaker. I understand, way-back-when, at a time when petrosauruses flew overhead, amplifiers had relatively little power and horn speakers were used...
  14. Natasha Bell

Terminology Used By Some Audio Enthusiasts That Makes My Skin Crawl...

I am sorry folks, but I cannot deal with it anymore. I cringe every single time that I hear this terminology: CRITICAL LISTENING (especially when describing equipment, settings, recordings, and listening spaces). "Critical listening"?? Really?? How, -- HOW -- are you "critically listening"...
  15. Natasha Bell

This is the ULTIMATE POWER in the Hifi universe?

Of course it is... here is the "LEGEND"... :whip::beerchug::rflmao: My friends, search your hearts, and you know it to be true. :eek: Thought everyone needed a good laugh. It was advertised as "The Legend" on Ebay!!
  16. Natasha Bell

Parasound Halo P6 preamp...

Hello everyone, I am thinking of purchasing a new preamp. I am currently running an Adcom GFP-815, which has recently started giving me some issues. I have been told by a gentleman I respect greatly, a guru with Adcom products, that repairing it would probably not be cost effective. I had...
  17. Natasha Bell

"Grunge is Why Rock 'N' Roll Music is on Life Support, if not Dead."...hmmm

I heard this statement the other day: "Grunge is why Rock "N" Roll music is on life support, if not dead." Well, whoever the philosopher was that crafted that statement, I must say... I very much agree. Grunge destroyed Rock music, to the point that all that is left today, is mono-note rap.
  18. Natasha Bell

Raquel Welch singing "Aquarius" (5th Dimension) - INCREDIBLE

I never knew Raquel Welch was a singer. She did this in the crazy psychedelic late 1960s style. I think her Aquarius video was filmed in very late 1969 for a variety show she did in 1970. A few weeks earlier, she did a video for California Dreaming in a cold winter in Paris.... these are two...
  19. Natasha Bell

Oh My... this $125 DAC is amazing!!!

I finally took the plunge into a stand-alone DAC to compliment my new (well, new to me) Pioneer PD59. The nearly 30 year old internal DAC in the Pioneer was okay, but the internal DAC in my Marantz SACD put it to shame in every area. I guess, considering the price of the Pioneer when it was...
  20. Natasha Bell

Amazing (non-native) English Speaking Rock Cover-Bands

There are some incredible Rock 'n' Roll cover-bands where the members, and especially the lead singers, are not native English speakers. Here are some of the very best in my opinion... --- from Ukraine --- --- from Bulgaria --- --- from Norway ---
  21. Natasha Bell

Classic Rock CD/Albums which were the biggest DISAPPOINTMENTS

I saw a video on YouTube recently about this very subject. As a fan of this style of music, it really speaks to me. I am not saying that any of these CD / albums are terrible, but only that I found them quite disappointing. These three below, I have found most disappointing: (1) David Bowie...
  22. Natasha Bell

Helen Schneider: From Rock to Opera / From USA to Germany

Are there other Helen Schneider fans here? She is an amazing artist who started as a Rock singer in the 1970s... Her band Helen Schneider with the Kick has released amazing tracks and covers. She stared in the movie Eddie and the Cruisers, worked in theater... She moved to Germany in the...
  23. Natasha Bell

The MAGNIFICENT Ozzy - Retired

According to various media reports, Ozzy Ozbourne has retired from performing. My friends, the gentleman is 74 or 75 years of age, was "rocking" with a vengeance nearly two decades before I was born. Now, that I have been an adult for more than half of my life, he is STILL rocking.... I would...
  24. Natasha Bell

The Greatest Year in Classic Rock 'n' Roll...

What was the greatest year in classic Rock 'n ' Roll? I would tell you, it was 1982. If I were to expand to a 12 month period, I would say from September of 1982 - August 1983. If I could pick a three year period, it would definitely be, without doubt, from 1982-1984. I believe this time...
  25. Natasha Bell

Any competent techs that do head alignments on tape decks

Does anyone know of a competent tech that can do a head alignment on a tape deck? I have a Tascam 103 that I recently purchased and it needs the belts changed and the heads aligned. To my shock, the gentleman that I used to go to in Jackson (MS) has recently passed. :oops: Any help would be...
Back
Top Bottom