Search results

1. J

2285b lamp question

Yes I believe everything you say Tom is true but there might be one exception. The protruding B series face receivers (2330B, 2285B, 2265B, 2252B, and 2238B) might be different then the other 22xx series because they used red LEDs for the indicator lamps. I have a 2252B parts unit and a 22xx...
  2. J

2285b lamp question

Stick in a 12V or 14V incandescent, itll run a bit cooler and you should still notice the dial lights are on. Other models that use the same lamp housing are the 2265B, 2252B, 2238B and possibly the 2330B (might be too big but looks to be the same size).
  3. J

Sansui G-7700 Safely Operate Light Not On

Unfortunately there was no follow up to this thread. But I came across a G7700 the other day that would power on, all the lamps would turn on but the safely operate light would not illuminate and of course the relay would not click either. So after reading this thread I decided to take...
  4. J

Marantz 2270 Phono Problem

Just a question to those getting the thumping sounds. Did you replace all 6 transistors with ksc1845`s? I have had that issue with a 2250B a couple times and came to the conclusion that the HFE was too high and ended up putting in Ksc1815 for the 2sc458.
  5. J

Can you email me at philster79@hotmail.com the details of pricing and shipping? Or is there a...

Can you email me at philster79@hotmail.com the details of pricing and shipping? Or is there a website you have these on? Thanks
  6. J

Excellent! I wouldl love to buy one. Do you have any 2285B black faces?

Excellent! I wouldl love to buy one. Do you have any 2285B black faces?
  7. J

Hi Bob, do you still have or make any marantz model 18 black faces? I just got one and the face...

Hi Bob, do you still have or make any marantz model 18 black faces? I just got one and the face lettering is all worn out. Thanks
  8. J

Marantz 4060 Service manual

Unfortunately no, I got lazy and forgot. I dont have the amp or manual anymore.
  9. J

Dial string slipping

Well actual Marantz did make a tension adjuster of sorts. The tensioner spring inside the black flywheel thing. In some cases using that has tightened up the string enough to get rid of the slipping for me, just pull both ends of the string towards the wheel. That will make slack and the spring...
  10. J

Replacing power switch in 2270

Do you know how to solder? You will have to remove the face and the bottom cover to access the old switch. Cut the old switch out and solder the wires to the new switch.
  11. J

Marantz 2238B vs. 2285B - in search of a better sound ..

Hard to tell really but looks like a combination of Panasonic (the blue ones?) Nichicon (gold ones) and I think I see a brown one which is a silmic.
  12. J

Yes which is why I generally do recaps with silmics. Look inside them and see which caps were used.
  13. J

Well that is one of the huge debates in the vintage stereo world. Some people will tell you that it makes a big difference and some will say it does not. I personally think it makes a bit of a difference. For some reason I believe elna silmics sound better or warmer then most. But thats based on...
  14. J

Did you use the exact same brand of caps in each unit?
  15. J

Replacing power switch in 2270

The digikey page doesnt show all the details for the switch. If you look at the datasheet that Bruce provided you will see its also rated at 4A 250V The shaft is a square 3mm wide so you may have to modify your cap (button). If it is concave like you say then its not original. Take a pic of it...
  16. J

2245 - FM Stereo, but No Stereo Light

If your feeling a bit adventurous you could try to align the tuning needle the proper way. Its really very easy. Just tune to the lowest station that comes in with a strong signal. For me its 92.5 and then adjust coil L104. Its good to have another working tuner to help you identify your on the...
  17. J

LED v/s Fuse lamps

Wish the OP would show a pic with the dead spots. Ive put snap in fuse LEDs in every marantz ive ever owned (20+) and ive never seen dead spots unless the vellum is ripped or something. Or maybe hes got one pointing more down or up then the others. Do we know what type of LEDs he used?
  18. J

Does anybody do tuner alignment in Vermont/Northern New York

I live in Montreal and have started to do tuner alignments. Im a DIYer and have recently picked up a Sound Technology 1000A RF generator and a Sound Technology 1700B distortion analyzer. Maybe we can work something out.
  19. J

2325 push switch problem

Ya I was trying to clean one that just wouldnt get clean, in the process I lost the springs and ended up putting in a whole brand new stem. I guess I was too lazy to desolder and re solder the whole thing but just replacing the stem with the new contacts and springs did the trick, no more...
  20. J

2325 push switch problem

I use this 401-1223-ND, this 401-1226-ND or this CKN9666-ND. The shorter one has just 2 contacts and springs the middle one has 4 and the longer one has 6. With the 6 contact switch you can try to slide the whole stem out and slide it in the marantz switch very steady. It was easier for me to do...
  21. J

2325 push switch problem

Or what you can do if your feeling dangerous and want to clean more switches. Is go on digikey and buy a bunch of switches for 2 bucks a pop and if you loose any of the original springs or contacts you can just pull them off the digikey ones.That happened to me once where I lost the springs so I...
  22. J

marantz 1060 find.

The half metal case is factory. I have had two separate 1060's that had the half case when I pulled off the wood sleeve. I think I still have one of the half metal cases lying around somewhere, I put a full metal jacket on it.
  23. J

Marantz 2215 FM Decoder troubleshooting...

No not yet, ill be trying a fm alignment soon and see what happens
  24. J

Bi amp hookup

This maybe be a bit different then what you were originally trying to do but with the 3250B pre amp but you can connect one of your 300dc`s to pre out 1 and the single set of speakers into the speaker input section of the preamp and then run them out to 2 different sets of speakers using system...
  25. J

rec diff

Everyones ear is different but the fact is the 2220 and the 2220B are very different from each other. Most notably is the 2220 is cap coupled while the 2220B has a relay. Although that can be considered the upgrade
Back
Top Bottom