Search results

1. G

Tad Bit Overwhelmed with New TT

Mostly just angry at myself for not taking the bottom off first as I had thought about doing but was nervous. Thanks for the tip on the iso alcohol. I’ll give that a whirl. I’ve been sitting here pressing the buttons and wiping with a qtip for 20 minutes. :confused:
  2. G

Well crap. I ended up taking the bottom of the deck off. I didn’t realize all the plastic buttons were connected to rods/poles that shoot towards the center of the table and make the “switch” at that point. So I sprayed DeoxIT on a couple of the push button switches that looked like the switches...
  3. G

So, the DeoxIT isn’t really working for the stuck buttons. It is working “sort of” but not really. I can’t get the stuff down there to do anything. I think that is the issue. Any other ideas? Also, how can I tell if a stylus is bad?
  4. G

Like DeoxIT D5? I used that when I cleaned the pots on my Marantz receiver. Is that safe for the turntable?
  5. G

I recently picked up a Realistic STA-2250 and a LAB-440 for $50 (I think this was a good score?) This is my first turntable and I am a little bit overwhelmed. They were pretty dirty and I’ve done some initial cleaning of the TT. There are a couple buttons that are sticking. How do I clean them...
  6. G

Realistic LAB-440

I know this is an old thread, but I just picked up a lab 440 as well and this is my first turntable. My table has the same issues yours does and was wondering if you ever fixed this issue and if so, how'd you do it?
  7. G

Pioneer PL-512 Worth It

I’ve got a guy that has a pioneer pl-512 for $75. I can’t seem to find a whole lot of info on this unit. I know it’s on the lower end, but I’m not sure what it’s worth. Guy said it’s in good condition and plays well. He can demo it. Should I walk?
  8. G

Soap & Water or Alcohol Here?

Probably a good idea. Can you recommend a good read to help with my learning?
  9. G

Soap & Water or Alcohol Here?

Figured I would start a new thread and I’ve searched and have found some varying styles to clean. My reciever is filthy. I’ve tried compressed air and vacuuming and it’s not getting any better. So I need to “scrub” it, but I’m afraid of ruining the little pieces. I’m so new to this stuff I don’t...
  10. G

2238 Balance Knob Removal

This is exactly what I was thinking. In theory this should work, no?
  11. G

Yeah, it’s definitely broke off now that I’ve seen other pictures. Is there any reason I couldn’t buy something like this and just swap out the white plastic part that is broke? There is a stickie on how to remove these...
  12. G

Thanks for the replies. So the spoon method worked very, very well. Barely had to use any force. And this thing is filthy. How do I clean the “inside” here? Warm water and soap on a tooth brush? This is the first time I’ve ever done anything like this and I’m slightly intimidated. Also, am I...
  13. G

Thanks. I have read about the spoon trick. Thought that was just for the volume, bass, etc. knobs. Didn’t know that was used for push buttons or switches. There is what looks like a black plastic piece that is connected to the actual metal post. Do I brace against the black plastic piece or...
  14. G

I picked up a 2238 a few days ago and I’m trying to clean this thing and replace some bulbs. Some of the push buttons feel “scratchy” I don’t really know how else to describe it and I’m new to vintage receivers. I’m assuming this isn’t normal and they should just push in and out with a scratchy...
  15. G

My first Marantz 2226B (Help with knobs, please?)

Here is a couple pics of the new gear. Traded someone a backpack blower for this.
  16. G

My first Marantz 2226B (Help with knobs, please?)

May I ask what your process was for cleaning the inside of that? I recently picked up my first Marantz too and the inside looks almost identical as far as dirt, grime, dust.
  17. G

"Synergy" Question

That's good to hear. I'm guessing an SX-838 would sound even that much better? Is $260 too much in great condition? I feel like it is.
  18. G

"Synergy" Question

So I am pretty new to audio equipment, especially vintage audio. I'm going to be buying some HPM 100's and will be mating to an SX 737. I am no audiophile, that's for sure, but I'm interested in opinions as to how these will sound with that combination? I've heard some differing opinions that...
  19. G

New to Vintage, little advice needed

Can anyone give an opinion on how the HPM100's would sound with the Pioneer 737? I am no audiophile and I think that is the combo I'm going to get.
  20. G

I think I am pretty set on the HPM 100's unless I cannot stand them when I go listen to them. Seems there are quite a few differing opinions on them....
  21. G

What are some examples?
  22. G

Yeah, I would have no idea how to fix something if it went bad. Id have to take it in.
  23. G

It was getting "fixed". Thermal something?? Let me remind you, I know nothing about how three receivers work. I'm pretty sure he said thermal something or other. Said it would be $250-$300 "or so" depending on what he had to put into it. I also just got a lead on some HPM 100's for $225...
  24. G

Thanks for the advice. Just got back from a record shop and was told I should be looking at a larger receiver with more power. This will be in a 3 stall garage and they had a SX 950 he said I would "need". Now, I'm not trying to blow any speakers out or have these up so loud my neighbors will...
  25. G

I'm looking to set up a garage system. I am not very familiar with vintage gear, but have been doing some research via these forums over the last couple weeks. I have an opportunity to get a Pioneer 737 @ $200 (good shape and recently serviced), a Sansui 771 (good shape) @ $120 or a Marantz...
Back
Top Bottom