Search results

1. kkd

My name is Matt, and I have a speaker problem.

I guess I have a problem too.... Recently went on a Rectilinear kick and currently enjoying a set of Low Boys, XII's and Mini III's Was on a vintage Infinity kick before that, WTLC 2000II 2000A RSB Quantum 5 Infinitesimal I Still have my JBL's L-300 L-166 L65 L100 early Apollo Yamaha...
  2. kkd

Receiver Collectors: Raise Your Hands!!!

Hey, cool thread. I want to play too For the past year, I've been selling off my Vintage Monster Collection As of the moment I still have these: Sansui G-22000 Setton RS660 Sanyo 130 Plus Concept 12.0D Rotel RX-1603 Optonica (Big one, can't remember the model #) Pioneer SX-1250 Pioneer...
  3. kkd

Infinity 2000a speakers - a curb find!

Those classics are well worth a restoration I love mine..... They're irreplaceable
  4. kkd

Am I living in the past ?

Classic KLH They made delightful 2-ways back in the day
  5. kkd

Sansui-SP-2000 Love or Hate?

Sansui Anything speakers? Hate ;-) I have a goofball sis too!
  6. kkd

Later version large Advent speakers

If it were me, I would look around and buy a set of original Fried Egg tweeters (you wouldn't have a pair of OLA's if you didn't) Fried Eggs turn up on our local Craigs List from time to time I would be patient and sniff around, rather than take the NOW approach with replacements that are...
  7. kkd

Your First Serious and Current attempt at High End Audio!

That's basically what I was going to do, waaaay back when.... Was all set and ready to buy an 8080 and the BIC Formula 6's at Sun Stereo in Santa Cruz. Then, Wong's HiFi in San Francisco advertised the Big Boy 9090db for $469! I borrowed my dad's station wagon and blasted up to the City and...
  8. kkd

Best sounding vintage speakers under $500

How can a question like that be answered? I wanna buy a car. What's the best one for the money? I want to keep it under 50 grand
  9. kkd

Rare Advent

Cool speakers I've been looking for a pair for a long time
  10. kkd

Need help identifying GTE/Sylvania speakers

It looks to me like Sylvania used CTS drivers for many, perhaps the majority of their speakers back in the day CTS = good stuff
  11. kkd

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

It gets better than that..... The clerk at the Salvation Army store pointed out a goofy looking guy with a ball cap who was wandering about the store and who had played and fooled with the Big Yamaha all day long. Goofy guy offered him half of the asking price. GG was still there when I grabbed...
  12. kkd

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

A member here posted that there was a Yamaha CR-3020 at the Salvation Army store only a couple of miles from me! Burned rubber all of the way there and snagged it.
  13. kkd

Hey Big T I don't do facebook. Old school..... Call (408) 202-1429 or email...

Hey Big T I don't do facebook. Old school..... Call (408) 202-1429 or email: kdolds442@yahoo.com if you get some free time. Take care, Gene
  14. kkd

BIC Venturi Formula 4 recap and restoration

Get a hold of sonofagun Bob Shafer in Evart MI spellings might be off a bit, but he's the one who made these:
  15. kkd

Hi Tristan, It's Gene (formerly reedger) from california Been a long time!

Hi Tristan, It's Gene (formerly reedger) from california Been a long time!
  16. kkd

What are some good bookshelf speakers?

Rectilinear mini 3's Allison 4's ;-)
  17. kkd

Powered Large Advents??

You lucky guy you Been looking for a pair of Powered Advents for 20+ years
  18. kkd

BIC Venturi Formula 1 rehab

My thoughts exactly...
  19. kkd

Small room speakers, what works for you?

Small room? How about some very cool and classic: Visonik Davids Infinity Infinitesimals EPI's KLH 2-ways ....just to name a few I will think of more
  20. kkd

BIC Venturi Formula 1 rehab

I like the BIC Formulas Cool speakers and a lot of fun I re veneered a pair of Formula 2 cabs then decided to build a set of cabs for another pair in Cherry. I reused the baffle board and the back sonofagun made the foam grilles Check out this thread (see post #31-34)...
  21. kkd

<$100 Speaker Challenge!

I don't know how to put a price on what MAY turn up on your local Craigslist But vintage KLH two-ways provide a great bang-for-the-buck. Any older KLH speakers, Model 17's come to mind, will beat the pants off of Sansui SP's! Yuck, want ear bleed?
  22. kkd

What Speakers Am I Looking For?

Yes indeed And Lowboys as well
  23. kkd

Boston Acoustics A70: The Morning After....

Repops....? Why? Get original woofers They are not hard to find
  24. kkd

JBL Vintage Speaker Pecking Order ?

This is an OLD thread.... JBL VINTAGE pecking order? Paragon with 150-4's and 375's Hartsfield then.... Metragon Olympus/Soverign with the Max components S8R or S7 (I can't remember...) Metragon L300 Harkness C40 (130A with 175's) Apollo, Baron, Libra, Delphi, Dorian all above with the top...
  25. kkd

Rectilinear square badges

Me thinks that there's a market for vintage speaker badges In my case, I need a bunch of various badges
Back
Top Bottom