Search results

1. Embryos

Dual 621 help me! (Please)

Hello, I am in the process of repairing a Dual 621 turntable for a complete stranger that reached out to me on Facebook. I figured “Ive repaired a few Duals, how bad can it be?” The only thing it really needed was a steuerpimpel replacement and a couple of adjustments, but I figured I’d go the...
  2. Embryos

JBL L100t3 plastic badge question

I am in desperate need of the plastic badges for the L 100 type3... Parts for these speakers seem to never come up on eBay, I’m wondering if anybody has a lead to a place where I may find these parts. As soon as I get them done, my speakers will be complete! Thank you!
  3. Embryos

reglue FM signal Strength pointer? Marantz 2252b

hello all, I just purchased a nice 2252B for $260, the only issue I thought it had was that a few lights needed to be changed, other than that it was in pretty nice condition, all inputs and outputs work well and it sounds great!! Unfortunately... I got the unit home and was going through some...
  4. Embryos

Does a Marantz 2240 look good with a black faceplate?

Hello, I was planning on purchasing a black faceplate for my 2240, but then I thought about how it will look with the pure brown metal casing on the top and sides and that it may be strange with a pure black face.. It Doesnt sound attractive on first thought, but then again Ive never seen...
  5. Embryos

Mcintosh MC2120 burning up!

Hello, Im hoping to Get some advice pertaining to my power amp. This 2120 is an all original condition as far as I know, I Purchased it a few months ago and it’s been working fantastically with my MCintoshC26 Preamp. I had it connected to two sets of speakers, Dahlquist m905’s and a set of...
  6. Embryos

8ohm JBL driver measuring 4.5 ohms, is it normal?

Hello all, I was looking to purchase a pair of JBL 2213h woofers for my 4312bs. The woofer is an 8 ohm speaker, but the reading provided by the seller is 4.5 and 4.6 respectively. From my research, Ive read that a 6-8 ohm reading is normal for an 8ohm speaker, so 4.5 ohm seems low. Do you...
  7. Embryos

JBL 4312 vs JBL 4312B- Driver swap?

Hello, I have a pair of JBL 4312s with the walnut cabinet that have mid range and Tweeter issues. I also have another pair of 4312b’s (black cabinet) that have woofer issues. Ideally what I would like to do is take the mid and tweeter from the 4312b’s, and swap them into the walnut cabinet of...
  8. Embryos

Mcintosh 2120 & C26 advice

Hello all, I recently purchased a C26 pre amp, in excellent condition complete with a pristine wood case and new power capacitors for an excellent price. Now I am in the market for a power amp, and I have the opportunity to purchase a MC2120 complete with wood.and in very good operating and...
  9. Embryos

What kind of headshell is this?

Hello! I purchased this headshell complete with an unused shure V-15 type 3 cart/stylus for a measly $30 at an estate sale. I have no idea what brand headshell it is, or what type of table it goes to. I was thinking an old Gerrard or something but I really have no clue. It has a sidemount for...
  10. Embryos

Kenwood KR-5400 running HOT!!

Hello! I had a nice score last weekend when I picked up this Kenwood with original box and manual at my local flea market for $25. Cosmetically it cant get much better; theres hardly a scratch on the thing. When I plugged it in, it was the typical situation with scratchiness, a few burned...
  11. Embryos

NAkamichi LX5 vs JVC KD A8-

Hello all, I have a couple of good cassette decks, a NAK LX5 and a JVC KD-A8. The LX5 is a nice 3 head deck that I can think most people are familiar with, but I think the JVC (2 head) is a bit more obscure. The JVC is completely computerized and automatic as far as the recording setup goes...
  12. Embryos

Realistic STA-2290 Receiver-good value?

Hello! I have the opportunity to purchase this unit in excellent operating condition, recently professionally serviced in great cosmetic condition with the only thing wrong is that its missing one of the small push buttons on the bottom, which serms to be common on these units. Well, I...
  13. Embryos

Realistic STA-2290

Hello and how are y'all. I am hoping to get some opinions on a potential purchase. I have the chance to pick up a Realistic STA-2290 receiver locally in excellent condition for $100. The unit has supposedly been cleaned and serviced inside and out and works flawlessly. There is one small...
  14. Embryos

marantz 2240 receiver faulty power switch? please help!

hello all! I have a new problem with my otherwise beautiful 2240. I went to turn it on the other night, pressed the power button, saw all the lights and display turn on for a second and then go dark again. I figured I didn't press the button all the way in, but nope, it was fully pressed. I...
  15. Embryos

Looking for a marantz 2240 black faceplate

Hello! Looking for a black faceplate for my 2240 receiver. I know where they’re available online for about $120, but they are from Germany and Id rather deal with someone domestic. I remember reading about an AK member who produces these things. Anyone have a reference for that member or...
  16. Embryos

Dropped Cartridge/Tonearm from very high!!

Turntable: Technics SLMA1 Well Dumb me! I just purchased a new Audio Technics 44oMLB stylus, so far I had about 15 or so hours on it. Well to make a long story short, I ended up dropping the needle on my Cocteau Twins record from about 2" or 3" inches high! As it occurred, its like it was...
  17. Embryos

Can you swap Styli between T4P and 1/2" Cartridges?

Hello! I just purchased a Technics SLMA1 turntable which is a T4P p mount type. Someone suggested to me I place a ATN440mlb stylus on it, but of all the styli Im finding for sale online, none indicate if they are for T4p or 1/2". Is this because the stylus itself is interchangeable between the...
  18. Embryos

Technics SL-MA1

Greetings! hoping to get some advice about a TT I would like to buy. The TT is a Technics SL-MA1, pretty perfect and clean cosmetic and operating condition, complete with a clean and crack free dust cover. Nothing special about the About Cartridge, I believe it is the stock Technics unit that...
  19. Embryos

fisher cassette player

Hi! I have an early 70s cassette player that ive been using for a few months, but i just noticed that the voltage selector has been at 110 volts not 120. Also the HZ us at 50 and not 60. Since I am in the U.S., do you think any damage has occurred to my unit? It seems to work without issue...
  20. Embryos

technics sl 1400 mk2 for $140, should I buy it?

Hi! I know of a SL 1400 MK2, complete with dustcover, proper working order, and 2 headshells and carts included. one is a ADC S2ead, and the other is an ortofon vms 20e (broken stylus). Apparently, everything is in perfect working order, including the auto return and the cueing lever from...
  21. Embryos

Distorted warbly sound from left channel

Hello all, I was super excited to hook up a new little TT (technics slbd35) , after I finally received a new stylus in the mail today.. bought it a couple weeks ago, replaced the belt last week and today I was good to go! I placed the turntable next to my existing TT (tech 1200 mk5), and...
  22. Embryos

Stylus replacement for Ortofon 14

Hello Fellows! Hoping someone could make a recommendation for me... Today I purchased a Technics SL BD35 fully auto in seemingly very clean condition for $3.50 from my local thrift. Im planning on gifting it to my daughter, but want it in good operating condition first ya know! The TT is...
  23. Embryos

Replacement speakers for polk 7 series monitors

Hello! I have a set of 7 series monitors (29882) that have a blown mid speaker.. the 6". Im having a hard time finding a resource for a replacement speaker. Can someone share with me the best place to find them? Ive emailed Polk.com my problem and info, but they havent responded.. any info...
  24. Embryos

Technics mk2- only 1 channel works in stereo mode

Hello! I recently purchased an MK2 for a very decent price. The TT works perfectly, with one exception. When im listening in stereo mode, i only get sound out of 1 speaker. When in mono, both speakers are audible. I disassembled the TT to inspect the RCA connections, they seem ok. Ive...
  25. Embryos

Thump Thump sounds from my TT

Technics MK5 shure M35x Cartridge (Newly installed) Well, Hello! Ive recently noticed that my newly set up TT and cart are producing alot of rumble, when I tap on th TT, or on the table upon which it sits, or even if i press or retract the stylus light. The sounds resonates and comes through...
Back
Top Bottom