Search results

1. skynetyt

Dentist recomendation around Miami Beach area

Hi, Can someone please recommend a reliable dentist in the Miami-Miami Beach area? Or perhaps we have some members of the Audio Karna (AK) community who are practicing dentistry in the area? I would really like to hear some AK community recommendations before I go. I need to have two teeth...
  2. skynetyt

Technics SL-1200 feet dimensions

Thank you, Jeff! It helps!
  3. skynetyt

I believe it is metric M6 theread.
  4. skynetyt

Hello! I am looking for a replacement for my Kenwood KD-750 feet, and I see that the SL-1200 feet look very similar to the ones that were originally on the Kenwood. Can anyone please post the measurements for the feet? I cannot find them on the internet. Also, could you please recommend any...
  5. skynetyt

Kenwood L-07C restoration

Any updates regarding the restoration? Especially main board?
  6. skynetyt

MC-2155 +15v/-15v power supply board part overheat

More than year passed and I have another power supply board inspected, with almost identical measuring results. Any ides why engineers selected to install 2w R706 it it constantly works under the stress of ~2.6W and highly overheats?
  7. skynetyt

MC-2155 thump on power down

Probably two years ago or so i have ordered NOS filter caps directly from McIntosh. No issues at all, but what i have to say that yes, the date of production is 1982, so it is 40 years old cap. Unfortunately, back in the time, i did not have the right equipment to measure at least main basic...
  8. skynetyt

Mcintosh selected transistors, How important?

Are there any real pictures of "selected" trnasistors ordered directly from McIntosh for vintage units (2155, 2205, C32 etc). Do they use color coding as we can see on original vintage parts?
  9. skynetyt

C33 top cover refinish paint

Thanks for the hint with paint brand! Will try to get different brands of stain to find the best match. Also i would like to remove sticker and send all top surface. Opposite side of cover looks mint. I have a new spare aluminum info sticker, but will try to preserve original old one. But...
  10. skynetyt

Thanks! Will try to visit AdvanceAuto, might be tomorrow if they are open.
  11. skynetyt

Hello! I need to refinish C33 top cover, it is kind of rusty (actually rust stays underneath the paint and surface looks rough). Not very attractive. Has anyone got an experience finding a good color match for this type of job? What I can see, Rust Oleum Stain #245197 is a good feat (in...
  12. skynetyt

MA5100...best way to open for deoxit

This parafine oil, is it the same stuff that is used for burning lamps? How about something like FaderLube 5% spray form Hosa? They stated it is safe for all plastic and carbon internal parts. And what do you recommend for MC2255, MC2155, C33 etc.?
  13. skynetyt

McIntosh MR88 is only one with HD radio?

4k kind of is on expensive side just for the tuner. Here, on South Florida there are plenty of interesting HD stations. Almost every FM statin transmits in HD quality + you can have 2-3 other different channels on a samfe FM band. I am listening to FM HD in my car and sound quality is really great.
  14. skynetyt

McIntosh MR88 is only one with HD radio?

Hi! Is MR88 only one component tuner from McIntosh with HD radio capabilities? Official site suggested only MR87 AM/FM (which does not have HD/XM), why do they stop selling MR88?
  15. skynetyt

Kenwood KD-750 tonearm vertical ball berings size/grade

Hello! Doing some restoration of Kenwood KD-750 and it appeared that vertical tonearm bearings need to be replaced. It turns freely but kind of noisy compare to my another KD-750 TA-71 arm. You can really hear how they a running, especially when you turn collar with bearings little bit faster...
  16. skynetyt

Paging all Kenwood turntable experts! (KD-750 motor ticking noise)

In general, schematics provides agood bunch of measurement points (with expected results) to probe around with oscilloscope and it gives and idea how logic communicate with motor. I know, it is tricky nowadays to find knowledgeable and honest technician who can work on vintage gears...
  17. skynetyt

Paging all Kenwood turntable experts! (KD-750 motor ticking noise)

This clicking noise could be the result of logic board constantly tries to correct/maintain motor speed within 33/45 rpm. Lock indicator is not a 100% reliable source to tell does the table keep constant speed. Best way to check it – page 40 of service manual. As you can see, TP.F waveform...
  18. skynetyt

Hi guys, I did some measurements around 15V power supply, and here are the numbers: Positive Power resistor R702 (220 Ohm, 2W): 45.00 V – before (supply voltage) 37.99 V – after 7.01 V - voltage drop on resistor 0.030 Amp - current draw 1.35 W - power dissipation of the resistor Negative...
  19. skynetyt

Thanks, will try today to check the difference in current draw just to start with! I previously tested voltage regulator ICs, they looked ok, but who knows, might be under the load/temperature they behave differently.
  20. skynetyt

Thnaks guys for great answering and for the pictures! I see there are two types of 2w power resistors McIntosh uses: one flame proof FP (5 bands on resistor body) and another type is - regular without FP coating. If my memmory serves me right they are TRW resistors, "2 watt rated with 1 watt...
  21. skynetyt

Hi guys! I am starting here new thread regarding mc-2155 15v voltage regulator overheating. I have posted some questions about this issue in another thread (McIntosh MC2215 Power Guard issue) but it was not the right place. So as stated, I suspect that +15v/-15v power supply voltage regulator...
  22. skynetyt

McIntosh MC2215 Power Guard issue

Thanks Jeff, looks like something it is not in tact with power guard (or some other PCB) since cover that sits on top of power guard board running hot.
  23. skynetyt

Somehow my last response has not been posted, internet connection issue.. Thank you very much for useful PCB layouts! In general, is it normal for this board to runs kind of on a hot side? Looks like R702 and R706 run sort of hot. Unfortunately i do not have another MC2155 or 2255 to compare...
  24. skynetyt

Old thread but.. did you figure out wat was the problem? My system passes self test, and works as expected, but the temperature of resistors R706 is (85 Celsius) and R702 is (59 Celsius). Looks too high. (Measured around the wires coming to the body of resistor). PCB around these two looks kind...
  25. skynetyt

Main Power control box

Might be sometning like tabletop extension cord switch? It can controll one outlet plug I saw one from Home Depot.
Back
Top Bottom