Search results

1. skynetyt

Dentist recomendation around Miami Beach area

Hi, Can someone please recommend a reliable dentist in the Miami-Miami Beach area? Or perhaps we have some members of the Audio Karna (AK) community who are practicing dentistry in the area? I would really like to hear some AK community recommendations before I go. I need to have two teeth...
  2. skynetyt

Technics SL-1200 feet dimensions

Hello! I am looking for a replacement for my Kenwood KD-750 feet, and I see that the SL-1200 feet look very similar to the ones that were originally on the Kenwood. Can anyone please post the measurements for the feet? I cannot find them on the internet. Also, could you please recommend any...
  3. skynetyt

C33 top cover refinish paint

Hello! I need to refinish C33 top cover, it is kind of rusty (actually rust stays underneath the paint and surface looks rough). Not very attractive. Has anyone got an experience finding a good color match for this type of job? What I can see, Rust Oleum Stain #245197 is a good feat (in...
  4. skynetyt

McIntosh MR88 is only one with HD radio?

Hi! Is MR88 only one component tuner from McIntosh with HD radio capabilities? Official site suggested only MR87 AM/FM (which does not have HD/XM), why do they stop selling MR88?
  5. skynetyt

Kenwood KD-750 tonearm vertical ball berings size/grade

Hello! Doing some restoration of Kenwood KD-750 and it appeared that vertical tonearm bearings need to be replaced. It turns freely but kind of noisy compare to my another KD-750 TA-71 arm. You can really hear how they a running, especially when you turn collar with bearings little bit faster...
  6. skynetyt

MC-2155 +15v/-15v power supply board part overheat

Hi guys! I am starting here new thread regarding mc-2155 15v voltage regulator overheating. I have posted some questions about this issue in another thread (McIntosh MC2215 Power Guard issue) but it was not the right place. So as stated, I suspect that +15v/-15v power supply voltage regulator...
  7. skynetyt

Fluke 199 Scopemeter reapir tech/service

Hi guys! Can you please suggest tech/service who can work on Fluke 199c spectrometer? The unit does not turn on, short beep and nothing more. Manufacturer does not service this model anymore, since unit over 20 years old. Thanks!
  8. skynetyt

MC2155 power guard board runs hot. Is it normal?

Hey guys, here is the question: Power Guard board in my MC-2155 runs kind of on a hot side, i would say After 20 min the top portion of cover around power guard board is hot, even without load. Voltages around emitters of Q701 and Q702 within spec (~+15) - (~-15v) corresponding. What i can tell...
  9. skynetyt

MC-2155 power meter female molex connector size and crimping tool

Hello! The problem is next: two signal wires for power meter in MC-2155 need to be replaced (one wire is broken, another has a bad connection where it connects to molex). As i could see this female molex connector is sort of MTA-100 with 2.54 pitch size. Can, please, someone point me the...
  10. skynetyt

MC-2155 Driver Board Problem (shows wrong VAC voltage)

Hello! The story is next: Couple of month ago I`ve got mc2155. There was a problem with a right channel: two power outputs Q517 and Q518 were blown together with Q507 Voltage Amplifier. - Q517 and Q518 replaced with (MJ15003G) - Q507 replaced with (CEN-U57 PBFREE) Besides...
  11. skynetyt

Panloc Rod Assembly for MC-2155

Hello! Might be someone can give me an advice where can I ask for Panlock Rod Assembly for MC-2155, unfortunately Audio Classic doesn`t have it. (Basically it is the wire with push button on a front and stopper on a back that goes inside the chassis, like on a picture).
  12. skynetyt

Mcintosh schematics asterisk (*) mark question?

Hello! On Mcintosh Service manual (for example for mc-2155 unit) there are pieces in parts list markers with asterisk mark (*) and also there is a mark: *Parts marked with an asterisk (*) are replacement parts stocked our Service Department and must be ordered from Mcintosh. These parts must...
  13. skynetyt

McIntosh MC-2155 Big Filter Caps Source

Might be someone can point to the source of 18000 uf 60v big power capacitors for MC-2155. The main issue to find one is dimensions, especially height - which is 69mm (diameter ~64mm ). Unfortunately i can not install higher caps because the unit will not fit into wood enclosure.
  14. skynetyt

Kenwood KD-750 (Trio KP-7700) Tonearm Lifter Bar

Hi! Is there any good thoughts where i can get horizontal resting bar for tonearm hydraulic lift for Kenwood KD-750. This table utilizes Kenwood TA-71 tonearm, and when i`ve got the table the lifter was in place, but the part, where exactly tonearm rest, was missing. I have attached couple of...
  15. skynetyt

Turntable Trio KP-7700 (Kenwood KD-750) speed stability issue

Trio KP-7700 - it is Kenwood KD-750 just for US market, internally it is the same turntable. Here is the problem: when I press the play button, Quartz Lock indicator constantly flashing and the table cannot adjust speed neither to 33 nor to 45 rpm, but sometimes it locks right away from the...
  16. skynetyt

Kenwood L-07M - L07C special RCA locking phono plugs replacement

Currently I am looking for a replacement of this special RCA phono plugs with O-ring fixing screw for connecting between Kenwood L-07C - L-07M control amplifier - amplifiers. Looks like It is kind of rare stuff to find. Is it some kind of replacement of this plugs nowadays? Not exactly whole...
  17. skynetyt

Yamaha NS-1000M rattling sound

Problem is next: I figured out left speaker produce less bass than right. First I put under investigation my amplifier – Kenwood KA-9100, but after switching speakers between channels I have got same effect - left speaker was out. It is clearly seen when you push 40Hz or 45hz signal from...
  18. skynetyt

Kenwood L-07M (Mk1) blows fuse

Just moved the post from conversation to a new thread. So I have got a pair of beautiful Kenwood L-07M (Mark 1) amps. One is in good shape, but another – unfortunately dead. First I checked the fuse – 250v 5A blew (as I could see, somebody tried to replace it, but put a wrong one for 2.5A). I...
Back
Top Bottom