Search results

1. J

Bass Balance on STA-2100D

Was indeed a great tip from llwhtt and make indeed a lot of sense when troubleshooting, I also used it to be sure it was not my outputs... In the weeks that passed I actually grew the balls to open my amp enough to be able to clean the balance pot and while I was at it I did all other pots and...
  2. J

A receiver which aesthetically is perfect, no scratch to be seen, operates 100% but has a ONE dirty pot which I could clean properly with deoxit I would say is mint. :) no matter, just hope the topic starter has the same issue which would be easy to fix and hope my comments would help. Thanks
  3. J

I have the EXACT same issue on my device. Left channel very weak, almost only highs and mids and it looks like all the lows missing from the left channel is now sitting at the right channel and sounds as if the loudness was on. My STA 2100D is in a "mint" condition other than this issue, super...
  4. J

Sansui AU-719 Complete Rebuild Project

I disassembled all again at this moment. Reviewing all over and all solderwork also again. Something is just not right and voltages are way off. After extensively reviewing the transistors I chose, the models should be sufficient. I just need to make sure once more all pinouts are correct...
  5. J

Took a break of this thing and started reviewing all cabling, and everything seems right... As mentioned, the power and protection circuit comes up fine and it goes out of protection but and I have reviewed my work on this board and all looks fine. However I noticed something I didn´t notice...
  6. J

Thanks Zaibatsu, although I don´t see the light just yet :(
  7. J

Hi Rob, thanks so much for responding, These are the values for the Power Supplies: Power Supply 1 (at the back of the chassis): Purple wire - grey: 47.2 Volts AC Purple wire - grey: 47.3 Volts AC Power Supply 2 (at the front of the chassis): Purple wire - grey: 47.2 Volts AC Purple wire -...
  8. J

After changing on the Powersupply/Protection board F-3101, the D609 - Bridge Rectifier and the SCR601 which has been replaced with a MCR100-6 and all the Transistors and FETs on the F-3095 Head Amp circuit board I checked the DC 0V test points again which one went from 1 Volt to 0 Volts (Slowly...
  9. J

Rare reed relay substitution ( a visual how to )

Awesome information, might come in handy in the future :) Thanks for sharing
  10. J

Not much luck so far... Even after replacing all transistors on the F-2926 and F-2927 it still didn´t make it happen... Then I reviewed today the Powersupply/Protection board again F-3101 and it seemed I missed to change the transistor TR609 because voltages were still very off. That improved...
  11. J

Just to update some of the work done on the rest of the boards and the assembly of the unit. As mentioned yesterday the amp boards still have faults for which I just received replacement parts, just showing some of them. :) Again, not perfect, and yes the replacement Caps are a different size...
  12. J

The powersupply and protector board are completely done and finally the amp is coming out of protection. When I let it go into protection and let it calm down again it it goes out of protection by itself as it was designed to do, which before did not happen. After reconnecting all boards I was...
  13. J

Ok so I finished yesterday checking TR610, 611 and 612 and they all seem out of spec... Reviewing them with the resistance function on the multi-meter all of them came out different. After that I checked the hFE value with the multi-meter as well and they were all very different even though they...
  14. J

Hi Hyperion, yep I was aware of that one actually, I reviewed this information earlier as the silk screen didn´t make much sense to me. Installed the new caps as the old ones were installed. I just finished checking all the diodes and they check out fine. All resistors but the burned on are fine...
  15. J

Thanks, that will probably the next thing I will do. I have rechecked the cabling of the PSU board and the Protector part three times over now, everything has been connected alright. The only thing I changed are the electrolytic caps, some resistors that were completely rotted by the glue and...
  16. J

Hey guys, I got the amp back together all resoldered and even with a 100 Watt light bulb in series it looks like that on board F-3101, resistor R621 with 100Ohm keeps getting up in smoke and the amp won´t go out of protection mode. I desoldered the resistor and the amp stays in protection mode...
  17. J

Sansui Serial Number Database Update

229050210,AU-719,Jamaica1985
  18. J

Sansui Serial Number Database Update

This weekend I´ll post mine as well, although it is in bits and pieces now :)
  19. J

Hi Pete, thanks for the comments and it does make sense, my amp has 2 different brand caps, even different with the same values. Either way, I am starting to replace the corroded resistors and two zeners and for now did choose to buy the cheap TEAPO´s I really couldn´t leave them for the...
  20. J

Great stuff Karl, thank you very much for the insights and I will definitely review these sources. Depending if cost/worthiness makes sense I would go for Nichicon, I´d like to read a lot of sources before making my final decision. Thanks so much, yes I noted that as well. Most of the caps in...
  21. J

Did you only perform a recap or did you replace other components as well? Yeah, so I do have some sort of limit on money, and I really don't want to source components of ebay. As long as I can get things for a somewhat decent price on Mouser, DigiKey or AG Electrónica locally here in México...
  22. J

Already starting to identify every single component and the respective replacements for them. So far so good. Only some semiconductors and those weird minuscule capacitors are hard to find for a decent price :(
  23. J

Hey guys! Not long ago I posted pictures of my new (obviously used :)) Sansui AU-719 which probably sat for a long time without any use in some place however with time it did develop some issues that were not discovered until a few weeks I had it running :eek:. After some time of light use it...
  24. J

AU-719; capacitor (of the exploding kind)

Definitely will do when I´m mentally ready for it! ;)
Back
Top Bottom