Search results

1. krikor

Free Tix to BEN HARPER - Tonight @ Michigan Theater, Ann Arbor

I know it's last minute, but if anyone wants two main floor center tix to An Acoustic Evening with Ben Harper, tonight at the Michigan Theater in Ann Arbor, give me a quick private message. Will have to pick them up in Pleasant Ridge (Ferndale). Clock is a tickin.
  2. krikor

Metro Detroit shops that stock headphones

It's been awhile since visiting Harry, but I've lost many an afternoon in his shop (and spent a few bucks along the way). GREAT guy and very knowledgeable. He is one of the original Audio Research and Magnepan dealers. Feels more like an audio clubhouse than a store.
  3. krikor

Think my Pioneer SA-6500II amp just died :(

Fixed it! Replaced two blown fuses in the power supply and BINGO it's back up and running. My guess it was related to the recent power outage since the capacitor contact in our AC condenser outside also got fried... couldn't be a coincidence. Main caps look very easy to replace, may have to...
  4. krikor

Let's see your (coffee) mug!

Recognize this one?
  5. krikor

Think my Pioneer SA-6500II amp just died :(

Scratchy distortion and very low volume equally in both channels and on all inputs. Wonder if this could be power supply filter caps and if it is relatively easy to fix? Don't think it would be the output devices since it is affecting both channels equally. Also, power went out and came...
  6. krikor

Well, its been almost 24 Hours...

I took a little Flip video cam along to experiment with... some rooms are too dark and I should probably get the hosts to talk about/explain their systems (but music and crowds kind of prevented this). Loaded all my crappy photos and videos onto photobucket here...
  7. krikor

AKFest SMAC Room #240

Phillips, flathead, torx? Which is best for bass midrange or top-end clarity? Can you use them in combination for full torsional bliss? :scratch2:
  8. krikor

Shots from the SMAC room are here: http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showpost.php?p=5645945&postcount=6 Mwhell's room has the bass bins from AMT-1 speakers used for his EconoWaves and the Heil drivers are being used on Dennis' horns in the SMAC room.
  9. krikor

A few more... Mwhell's room, Roadrider100's room, Selah CBT speakers, Vapor Aurora with BMC and Vapor Cirrus with Eastern Electric.
  10. krikor

Here's some pics... Bogdan room, a bunch of Hawthorne Audio and mini Maggies in Audio Dimensions room.
  11. krikor

AKFest SMAC Room #240

A few photos of the room. Love those horns! Nicely done Dennis.
  12. krikor

AKFest 2012 SMAC Room System

I've got some RoomTune panels I'd be happy to bring if the room needs them. Gray fabric covered with fiberglass insul inside, one side absorptive and the other reflective (4' high x 2' wide x 6" deep on oak bases... got them up for sale in Barter Town). I have a total of six, but two are...
  13. krikor

FYI - Thrive & Jive musical fundraiser at Magic Stick tomorrow night

My wife has organized a "Spring Festival of Homegrown Music" which takes place tomorrow night at the Magic Stick in Detroit. Proceeds will go to the Pink Fund in memory of Mary Guirey. The artists performing are Monsieur Guillaume & the Zydeco Hepcats, Martyn & McGuire, The Barrettones...
  14. krikor

Its official YES there will be an 2012 fest !!!!

Exxxxxxxcellent!!! :yippy: It's on my calendar... now to start planning what projects I'm going to finally finish in order to have up and running for the show. Might even include a couple homebrews :beerchug:
  15. krikor

Show your Oktoberfestbiers here!

Detroit's Atwater Brewery "Blocktoberfest"
  16. krikor

Anvil Turntables

"Magnetic assist relieves bearing of 20# platter weight" This sounds interesting... Go Detrot!
  17. krikor

AK Fest 2012

Long time lurker, sporadic poster. Been away from AK for awhile but it's great to see that the AK Fest may make a return... reading all the coverage of RMAF has got me itching for another show. Of course, AKFest is great because of all the member rooms, even thinking about doing it myself if...
  18. krikor

My McIntosh mug broke! Oh well, switching to this one.
  19. krikor

Vanderteen Sub- Have You Built Your Own X-2 Crossover?

Other sites for caps: http://www.partsconnexion.com/ http://www.percyaudio.com/ http://madisound.com/ http://www.soniccraft.com/
  20. krikor

I think your cao numbers are off a little. For an 80hz roll-off, I get the following for each amp input impedance: 150k = .01326 uf 100k = .01989 uf 75k = .02653 uf Actually, now that I look at it, I think you just meant .020uf for the second number. I would worry about getting exact exact...
  21. krikor

Got my McIntosh mug as a door prize at this year's AKFest... it replaces my Geissbock mug when I'm really thirsty (or tired).
  22. krikor

Tekton speakers

Another owner of the 6.5 Tekton... great speaker, there's is definitely something to the whole single-driver xoverless thing that is very enticing. Though I'd agree with pauldrewry that a supertweeter might be in order. I'll have to give that a try sometime.
  23. krikor

With regards to the calculator and determining the correct cap value for your high-pass filter, you don't "have to" use 80hz as the roll-off frequency. But that is what the equalization inside the sub is designed to match. If you want more bass output, use 60 or 70hz... if you want less bass...
  24. krikor

By the way... unless I'm mistaken InfiniCaps are now called DynamiCaps.
  25. krikor

No mistake... 150K ohms input impedance for a tube amp is likely. And yes, the WX-2 is designed to match the input impedance of the amp, not set the crossover (highpass filter) frequency. The sub itself is equalized internally to gradually INCREASE bass from 80hz and lower at 6db/octave...
Back
Top Bottom