Search results

1. Tonyqt

Going modern with my system

I recently changed out my Marantz 2240 receiver and Thorens TD160 turntable for some Rega gear. I’m still breaking in the cartridge but so far I’m happy with the sound. Rega Brio integrated amp and Rega P8 turntable with MC cartridge. I still have the Marantz cassette hooked up.
  2. Tonyqt

Headshell box storage

I just picked this up in a small group of turntable parts. It looks to be pretty nice and I’m sure it was meant for DJ’s. I’ve never seen one or heard of it. Vestax 3 Headshell holder. Anyone know anything about it?
  3. Tonyqt

Cartridge opinion please

i have a Thorens TD160 BC MK2 with a SME series iii tonearm with a Shure V15 type iii and original VN35HE stylus. Anyone with a series iii knows that setting it up for the cartridge can be a somewhat long and tedious process. I recently acquired a Grado Reference Sonata 1 wooden cartridge. Does...
  4. Tonyqt

Phono preamp recommendation

I recently switched from a McIntosh MA6200 that had 2 phono inputs to a Marantz 2325 with one phono input. I use 2 turntables. A Technics SL1200ltd that I use to test different cartridges and it’s easy with the removable headshell. This is the one I have hooked to the Marantz. The 2 turntable is...
  5. Tonyqt

ADC zlm am I wrong in my thinking?

I just received this cartridge on a turntable I picked up. I thought the cartridge bodies were black on the zlm not gold. Am I wrong? It sounds really nice though.
  6. Tonyqt

6300 European/US model power cord question

i just got in a European model 6300 with no plug on it. I know the green/yellow is ground but I thought all the old models had a 2 prong plug. Can I get away with using an old Marantz cord I have and just use the blue and brown wires and not use the ground green/yellow wire? Or should I use a...
  7. Tonyqt

2215 Dial pointer

Help. The dial pointer from my 2215 is broken off and I was wondering if there are replacements made or does anyone know where to get one. Thanks!
  8. Tonyqt

Just added a cassette deck to my system

I’m surprised how good it sounds. Not phono quality but not as bad as I thought it would be. I have about 100 high quality recorded tapes that I’ll have the pleasure of listening to in the coming months. Anyway, how’s my lowly system look?
  9. Tonyqt

Original or new parts?

i recently picked up this 2270 and like everyone else here wanted to see what the insides look like. I take the 4 screws off, lift the cover and am blown away with just how clean this one is. So I’m thinking “there is no way this hasn’t been messed with. Someone had to be in here before”. So...
  10. Tonyqt

What is this?

i received this with a used turntable today. Stanton Stylus Wear Gauge. I’ve never seen this before. What is it and how does it work? Thanks.
  11. Tonyqt

Ortofon MC20 MKII and Nagaoka headshell

So I’m looking looking over the market place on Facebook and I find a Technics SL-1400 MKII for sale. Original headshell, great dust cover, etc. the price looks like it’s in the ballpark. Pictures not so great but it has some type of other headshell in a case showing. I message the Owen and make...
  12. Tonyqt

kdenn011 Marantz 6300

Unbelievable packing on a Marantz 6300. Arrived safe and sound and in one day. I was thinking $100 was a bit excessive, but he supplied a shipping invoice for $80 and I’m sure the packing materials ate the rest up. He listed the turntable for $375 in Barter Town, but in conversation on the phone...
  13. Tonyqt

Picked this 1200 up today. I don't understand some people.

This has got the be the dirtiest turntable I've ever bought. I don't understand why people don't try and clean things a bit before trying to sell them. In the condition it's in there is no way to get good money for it. Took it home, plugged it in. Everything works great. It needs a new tonearm...
  14. Tonyqt

Azimuth adjustable headshell maker?

Does anyone know if the pictured headshell with azimuth adjustment was standard on a turntable or an aftermarket item. I received it with a few other headshells and since I've never had an adjustable one I'm a bit courious about it. I like the looks of it, a bit different them other headshells...
  15. Tonyqt

His and hers

My wife and I both love to listen to our vinyl. No radio, cassettes, etc, just vinyl. I have my turntable, she has hers. Both are running into a Mcintosh MA6200 Integrated Amp as it has 2 phono inputs. The smaller Advent speakers send the music to our ears. Her table is a Technics SL-1200ltd...
  16. Tonyqt

Coral Cartridge....what is this thing?

Anyone know what this cartridge is? It's labeled CORAL. I've never heard of that brand. It came on a Technics SL-23 I just picked up. I'm assuming it's not very good as it came on a lower tier table. It does sound very nice though for the short time I played it. Thanks all!
  17. Tonyqt

The seller used this picture, this is what I received

This is a picture taken from the discripition on the big auction site. This is what I received. Shure V15 III with an original VN35HE stylus. Looks to have very little use if any at all. Also on a Shure/SME headshell. I don't understand how you can post a picture like that and expect...
  18. Tonyqt

Stanton cartridge experts advice needed

I'm not sure what I have here. It appears to be a 881s but I thought they engraved the id number on the opposite side from the sticker. This one has a number engraved on the bottom on some type of metal or foil. It looks original as the 9 extends onto the cartridge body so it wasn't added later...
  19. Tonyqt

I just received the Micro Seiki DD-40

Earlier this week I won this turntable on the big auction site. Making the trip from California to Pennsylvania had me a bit worried. Well it arrived today with the delivery man paying no mind to the "this side up" all over the top. Yup, he left it upside down. Luckily it was packed pretty good...
  20. Tonyqt

Let's see how this is when I get it.

This looked like a good table to take a chance on. We'll see just how good, or bad it is when I receive it. The combination of parts seems like a good mix. Micro Saiki DD-40, SME series III tonearm, Stanton 881s cartridge that looks to have some type of Pickering stylus on it. Only one picture...
  21. Tonyqt

Picked up 5 sets of speakers tonight

I was lucky tonight and picked up 5 set of speakers from one guy. I haven't had a chance to test them yet and a couple need new surrounds on the woofers, but I'm very happy with my purchase. Point 3 systems satellites, 2 sets of Original Large Advents, Bozak B-313 and Pioneer cs-99a. It's going...
  22. Tonyqt

Thorens TD160 or TD145

I know the 145 is basically the same as the 160 but with a tonearm lift. If both were in the same condition working and cosmetically. What would be your choice and why? Does the arm lift takeaway or ad value? Both are great lookers in my opinion and I would have a very hard time choosing.
  23. Tonyqt

Smaller Advent enclosure difference

I just picked up a set of Smaller Advents from their original owner and noticed the enclosures were different from each other. I was assured they were purchased together. Even the Serial Numbers are close 58107 and 58249. Check out the pictures. Do you think the difference would make a...
  24. Tonyqt

I picked up a cool turntable today

and look what came with it. Its original receipt from 1975. Look at the prices, although that was probably a good chunk of change back then. It looks to have hardly been used and looks brand new. Great wood and dust cover. The only thing it needed was a new belt as its original was a bit...
  25. Tonyqt

Stanton/Pickering experts...what do I have here?

This strange marriage of Stanton and Pickering came on a turntable I just received. Is this a known combo or just some odd parts put together? Thanks
Back
Top Bottom