Search results

1. FoolferAudio

Please help with Jensen Speakers: Field Coil or No?

What he said. Probably definitely worth a listen once you bypass the transformer.
  2. FoolferAudio

Under rated speakers

I'll chime in with my University Medallion XIIs. Countless speakers have come and gone in my life but I've never considered parting with these.
  3. FoolferAudio

Phase Linear DRS 250 experiences any one?

There's a couple for sale here in Seattle ... and well jeez .... I'm trying to stay strong. Like a need another amp right?
  4. FoolferAudio

University Medallion XII - guidance requested

Very nice thread. Its fun to see someone share their work ... thanks for taking the time to do so. I have a pair of these too and they just love my tube amps. I'm curious if you have them on the floor or on stands. Mine seem to be even more pleasing if they are on 4 inch stands.
  5. FoolferAudio

Pics of your listening space

Two University Classic folded horns with C-15W woofs. The mid horns are fiberglass Rawlings for pa system paired to Atlas drivers with phenolic diaphragms. T350 tweeters. Definitely the most efficient set up I own but currently out of rotation.
  6. FoolferAudio

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

A few years back I came across this old Altec cabinet at GW. At 24.99 it was a cool deal. I didn't find out until I got it home and opened it up that it was more like winning the lottery.
  7. FoolferAudio

Pics of your listening space

It's a strange room and that chair is not the ideal place to sit.
  8. FoolferAudio

Speakerlab 7 question. Why were they designed for 4 0hms?

I agree they are awesome. I don't own a SS amp but am considering watching for an old Pioneer or Marantz.....etc. It seems to me these speakers were designed for such and I have been wondering if they would be even better with a good SS amp. Thank you for your input!
  9. FoolferAudio

Speakerlab 7 question. Why were they designed for 4 0hms?

Don' get me wrong guys ... they sound great from the 4 ohm taps on my Fisher tube amp. I just don't understand why the parallel wiring of the woofers. Its seems to me that makes them less efficient than they could be. What am I missing? Any of your thoughts, speculations and opinions are most...
  10. FoolferAudio

Speakers you wish you kept?

Thanks for posting pics ... and for taking the time!
  11. FoolferAudio

Wow thanks you guys for sharing all your comments!
  12. FoolferAudio

Just curious. Maybe your answers will cause me try something I haven't discovered yet. I'll start okay? Same amp for all. An early pair of Altec Valencias 16 0hms An early pair of KLH Model 6. I've owned several but one pair was special. JBL L-100. Once again numerous pairs ... but one was...
  13. FoolferAudio

Fisher 500c from the 4 ohm taps ...

Hi all. I would value your input on the following question. My favorite amp is my Fisher 500c. I recently acquired a pair of Speakerlab 7s asking for 4 ohms. I'm running them from the 4 ohm taps. It sound very good at pretty moderate levels but the real magic doesn't happen until I turn the...
Back
Top Bottom