Search results

1. spacecowboy

Recording vinyl records to digital files

I am on a modest budget and would like to record hifi vinyl records into digital files. I want to keep the sound that my preamp and amplifier provide so I am not looking for a phono preamp with output capabilites. Rather, a device that can capture sound well and be versatile for any situation...
  2. spacecowboy

Houston Area Mcintosh Repairs

I live in Houston and my Mcintosh C28 is never able to work completely as it should, and I would like to find a qualified electrician to bring it back to a dependable level. The problem is that it will work for a month or so, and something goes wrong, almost like a cycle. I would like to fix it...
  3. spacecowboy

Mcintosh C28 is Flaky

Is this something that a novice like me would be able to repair, or should I find a reputable service to hire in your opinion? Are there any diagnostics I could run? And finally are the Mcintosh clinics still around? It would be awesome if there was a lifetime warranty for these kind of repairs...
  4. spacecowboy

Mcintosh C28 is Flaky

I've had a lot of problems keeping my pre up and running for long periods of time. My knowledge on repairs is limited and the thing works sometimes. I have used deoxit several time now and that does seem to fix whatever issues I have, but after about a month a new malfunction will appear. The...
  5. spacecowboy

C28 lights and front face plate

Thank you! Hopefully it will all go smooth with this info!
  6. spacecowboy

C28 lights and front face plate

My McIntosh c28 has a couple burned out lights on the face plate. They had been working when I bought the pre from an estate sale, but after detoxing all the pots a couple went out. I heard this is normal? I want to replace the bulbs but I want a little help in doing so because the glass panel...
  7. spacecowboy

right channel buzzzz. MC250 and C28

I recently bought a MC250 amplifier and C28 pre from an estate sale and it had been working great up to a week ago. The only repairs it needed was some deoxit in the balance pot and volume pot, but with that done I began to hear a buzz coming from the right channel. It is only in the phono 1...
  8. spacecowboy

The Idiot's Guide to Using DeOxit (revisited)

On my Mcintosh C28 there are push buttons. What is best to use in that case?
  9. spacecowboy

C28 stereo, right channel not working

Thank you john, that's a great place to start.
  10. spacecowboy

C28 stereo, right channel not working

Greetings, I purchased my first vintage hifi setup this weekend and I'm having a few hiccups on my way to having a reliable system. I own a Mcintosh C28 and MC250 which I would like to be able to use everyday. I'm hoping to get to that point on my own with little further investment. My problem...
Back
Top Bottom