Search results

1. P

Don't forget!

Dig out that old Arlo Guthrie album (if you have it) and play Side 1 of "Alice's Restaurant"! A Thanksgiving tradition (at my house)
  2. P

Just saw this listing for "about 1000 vacuum tubes for sale" on FB marketplace

Here's the link: Marketplace - ABOUT 1000 VINTAGE VACUUM TUBES. TV, RADIO, HAM RADIO, ETC. ALL FOR $80. | Facebook No affiliation. Don't know anything about them. Belton, MO. About 30 minutes South of Kansas City, MO
  3. P

Where could I get a record mailer for shipping 2 LP's?

HI. I need to ship two LP's by mail. I may need to make a record mailer as I cannot find anyone that sells them near me. Any ideas? Does the Post Office sell them there? thanks!
  4. P

AMMO availability

I know that I am "shooting in the dark" here, but, I cannot find any ammunition. Either in a store or online. Anyone know of a source that actually has any quality ammo for sale? I get all kinds of email ads for various guns. But, an empty gun is just an expensive stick or a rock. thanks
  5. P

Free GE console radio/turntable on KC Craigslist

just saw this one. Looks to be in nice shape. No affiliation
  6. P

I am now a "Retiree"

After working for the same company for 30+ years, I officially retired October 02. Still trying to get used to not going to work everyday. Still feels kinda weird.
  7. P

Chair seat weaving

I have an "Old Hickory Furniture" porch rocker with a reed-cane bottom. I am going to need to replace the old caning. Yesterday I ordered some hickory splint material. Anyone ever do this themselves? Going to be my first one. Lead time on the material is 4 to 6 months. Only a very few people...
  8. P

Found a really nice record yesterday

I stopped into a local store called "Vintage Stock", yesterday afternoon, to take a quick look through their used record bins. It had been awhile since I have looked there as I never find anything worth buying. Their stock of used LP's has dwindled down to just two partial plastic bins (maybe...
  9. P

KC Craigslist SX1250

I cannot paste the link from this iPad. Pioneer SX1250 with a pair of Bose 901s. $2,500. Not mine.
  10. P

The Beatles: Rubber Soul

In my pile-o-records, I found a MONO pressing of The Beatles' "Rubber Soul". It does not sound very good on my turntables. I have set the receivers to "Mono" mode. But, the dynamics are just not there as with a stereo recording. Am I doing something wrong? Or, do mono recordings need a...
  11. P

Quick review of my first/last experience with Summit Racing

My old '96 Tahoe is having some Fuel-related issues, So, I decided to replace the Fuel Injectors. The best price I could find was from Summitt Racing.com. Ordered the part (OEM AC/Delco.) which is a re-packaged Delphi on December 9th from Summit. This is the same Spider Injector unit that is...
  12. P

KLH Model Twenty Three imaging

While doing some TT switching around (sending out my idler for a retread), I decided to swap out my speakers. I have been listening to my Advents for several months. I like 'em a lot. But, My KLH Model Twenty Threes haven't been used for about 4 months. So, I hooked them up and was almost...
  13. P

Garrard emblem for Lab 80

Just wondering if anyone may know a source for the Garrard emblem for a Lab 80? I had to build a new wooden base for it out of an old piano. Solid, heavy oak with a mahogany veneer. And while it looks nice, it just seems like it needs a little something more to set it off.
  14. P

How many have never used a 45rpm record?

I have been listening to records since I was about 13 years old. So, for the last 48 years or so, I have never used a 45. Only albums. I guess it just wasn't the thing to do in my social group. Anyone else?
  15. P

Vintage Stereo Spotted!

Started watching a Belgian detective series on PBS. It is in Dutch (but subtitled in English). Kind of a "Monk-Like" character. Obsessive-Compulsive college professor in Antwerp solving crimes. Not a bad show. Probably a lot better if you speak Dutch. Oh yeah, it's called Professor T...
  16. P

Re-Tipping stylus

I have a few of questions regarding re-tipping a stylus: Can a stylus that has a conical be re-tipped with an eliptical? Are re-tipped styli "better" than buying a new one? Is this more for higher end cartridges? styli? Is the canteliever (sp) typically replaced at the same time? What does this...
  17. P

So, I need a new Subwoofer

Found out today that my Klipsch SW450, powered Subwoofer cannot be repaired. It was affected by a lightning strike last Fall. So, I need a new one. And, I am looking for recommendations. This is for a HT system. Thanks in advance!
  18. P

Does anyone have experience with the "BLISS" styli from Turntableneedles.com?

I am getting ready to order a new stylus for my R25EDT cartridge. TTN.com has the 760DED as the replacement for the original Shure Stylus for $29.00. With free shipping. I was wondering if anyone here has used one and what their opinion was? Are "BLISS" styli any good? I could also buy one...
  19. P

Linda Rondstadt can no longer perform due to Parkinson's

Just read a report on the Foxnews website. So sad. Parkinson's is the DEVIL!
  20. P

Any thoughts about the new Ted Bundy Documentary?

Watched the new Netflix Documentary this weekend. Learned alot of stuff that was new to me. That guy was a disturbed individual, for sure! This saga occurred during my late teens/early twenties. Back then we didn't have any internet or cable tv. And, since the events happened so far from my...
  21. P

Rotation time this weekend

It is supposed to snow and be really cold this weekend here. I am going to put my old Hitachi receiver and KLH Model Seventeens back in service. I haven't listened to the Hitachi SR804 for a couple of years, now. Haven't turned up the KLHs for several months. Going to give the SX1250 a break...
  22. P

Random Misfire on '90s models Chevrolet 5.7

For those who are experiencing the Random Misfire Code on their older Chevys, I too had this problem. After researching, I determined that there were many potential causes. I first tried the simple solutions: Changed plugs, wires, cap. Got a little better. But it was still occurring...
  23. P

Big Thanks to 4-2-7!

Records came yesterday. I am very pleased with the selection and the fine condition of these albums! I would definitely recommend contacting Dan if you are wanting some really nice records. I will buy from him again! Thanks Dan!
  24. P

Tube Intrigued

For some unknown reason, after being pretty happy with my gear (I thought I was finished with searching), I have an urge to check out a Tube Amp. I know virtually nothing about them. Never had any experience operating one. And, I am not saying that I am ACTIVELY looking (yet). Or, that I am...
  25. P

Is a Realistic R25EDT worth buying a new stylus for?

Asking whether the R25EDT is worthy of a new stylus. I like Shure Cartridges. I have the M91 and the M95. I would like, someday to get a V-15type III but pricing is kind of out of my range.
Back
Top Bottom