Search results

1. P

The Official Vandersteen Owners Thread

Yea I think I got a pretty good deal. It was on local cl for a while and the seller wanted $800 for the 2ce and some av receiver. I offered $300 for just the 2ce and we settled on $350. Not the greatest condition but sounds great.
  2. P

3. P

I think this overpriced. 5 years ago I bought my 2ce with stands for $350 locally. For $1000 you should be able to get the sig if you are patient.
  4. P

Rega planar 6 low end feedback problems

Since the table exhibits the same issue in other systems it sounds like it is defective. If so you should get it fixed while it is still under warranty as this would make it easier to sell since you have decided to move on.
  5. P

Rega planar 6 low end feedback problems

In your earlier post you said that your dealer was willing to come to your home but you declined his offer. If I was in your shoes, I would have accepted his offer and certainly have done this before spending any monies trying to troubleshoot the problem on my own.
  6. P

Mitsubishi DP EC8 proper set up.

Attached is the specs from the manual. Maybe someone can tell you if the red will work.
  7. P

Mitsubishi DP EC8 proper set up.

I have this turntable with an old signet cartridge. What cartridge is currently on the tt? What cartridges have been recommended ? What is your budget?
  8. P

PSA: ADC XLM MK II Improved NOS stylus on the bay

Thanks for the reply as to rivertone indicating it is a Diasa. Also tempted but i think i will wait til it goes back to $29. Fyi, I went back to my emails and it seems rivertone did reply to question with "same diamond". Like you, no chit chat as to why he removed Diasa from the description...
  9. P

Yes I bought mines on 11/22/23 for and the ebay listing indicated the following: .7X.3 special constructed Diasa elliptical Diamond. Diasa = Diamond bonded to a sapphire casement. Now the $43 listing has no such description. On 1/3/24, I tried contacting rivertone to clarify if the current...
  10. P

Did you buy this from ebay seller rivertone? I bought one from him and it sounds good. I wanted to buy more but his current listing does not indicate that it is a diasa
  11. P

ADC QLM 32 MK III update stylus?

Yes the ebay seller is out of the $29 styli however they now have a $49 nude elliptical. I bought the $29 styli and wanted to buy more however it is no longer available.
  12. P

Creek 4330 connection question

Try emailing creek your question. In the past they have been very responsive to my questions and usually reply within a few days.
  13. P

zerozone ear834 clone

Happy to hear my thread was helpful. I am still using my unit and have plans to replace it.
  14. P

I want to apologize

Now you will need to reclean all your albums.:)
  15. P

Looking for advice selecting a good phono preamp.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/225528527200?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=F3PAfcrBQ-q&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=x2QwzRgHQeK&var=524589284684&widget_ver=artemis&media=SMS Op, link to a ear 834 clone. I bought a different ear clone from this seller and I am very pleased with my unit.
  16. P

Life of a shibata

Is micro ridge the same as micro line?
  17. P

Do I need to upgrade my phono stage?

Thanks
  18. P

Do you have reliable source for the sovtek LPS tubes?
  19. P

I also recommend the 834 clone. Been using the two chasis one and have no regrets. Also also Iist specific records that you are using. I have read that mastering is different for vinyl vs cd.
  20. P

Recommended 60's-70's manual TT <$300?

Op, so is low w&f your main criteria? And then it has to look good to you, <300, manual , belt drive and made before 1980?
  21. P

How to tame a hottie?

You can try some Rothwell RCA In-Line Attenuators. There are also other brands of attenuators such as harrison.
  22. P

Distortion/sibilance issue with Technics SL-QD33

eljeffe, so it sounds like you are making progress in solving your distortion/sibilance issue. What changes did you make that resulted in this improvement?
  23. P

Phono preamp conundrum

Chuck, Why did you choose the fosi as I think your turntables deserve better? What are you using now?
  24. P

Distortion: Identifying Bad Stylus/Bad Record?

What tracking force are you using? I use kyowa n95 stylus and 1.5 force. I do not have distortion issues.
  25. P

Sansui SR2050c too quiet!

I have the same turntable and I use a shure m95 cartridge and do not encounter the problem you are having. The 2050 has some circuit that mutes the signal when the lever is in the Off position. Maybe something is wrong with that circuit. Other than that are you able to try another cartridge?
Back
Top Bottom